SOULCALIBUR 2 HD ONLINE NEEDS 4 PERSON LOBBIES NAMCO

does soulcalibur 2 hd online need at least 4 people lobbies like SCIV did?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kj209

[08] Mercenary
I am so disappointed in Namco and how they put only 1v1 matches and not full 4 people lobbies we've got to do something about this im just trying to get the word out there because im sure im not the only one disappointed in how theres no lobbies. Lets let Namco know how we feel about this.

Namco all i ask of you is that you add 4 people online lobbies like you had in soulcalibur 4 i could care less about how the lobbies look i spent 20 bucks for this game for the soul purpose of playing in multi people lobby matches. This is by far the biggest disappointment in all my years of playing the soulcalibur series

That's not the only thing that needs to be fixed,the netcode is terrrible...

As if he ever answers his tweets. They said the same thing about Link, causing Hoshino's tweets to be flooded with requests for it, and yet it went unacknowledged (let alone done). I am extremely baffled that the Online was so tacked on. What a disappointment.

I'm sure they'll patch the game eventually, but most of your complaints are going to fall on deaf ears with the lack of communication with the community from Namco.

And now that I think about it, no lobbies is the best because now you can't just hide in your own little room and mash buttons or avoid superior opponents.

But there's always offline. Enjoy.

But you see Malice, the Soul reason that most people bought this remake is because of the addition of online play. It being widely known as the best soul calibur, Namco decided they would redeem themselves after the unfinished Soul Calibur 5, but have failed to do so seeing as though the pure flesh of Soul Calibur 2 hd, being it's online feature, has been ripped to bone because of (and I hate to say this) borderline laziness. I think I may make a thread of my own pointing out Project Soul's recent flaws. One of them definitely being lack of communication with consumers.

Last edited:
But you see Malice, the Soul reason that most people bought this remake is because of the addition of online play.
Online is lacking certain features, but it's there. And the matchmaking is very quick.

It being widely known as the best soul calibur, Namco decided they would redeem themselves after the unfinished Soul Calibur 5, but have failed to do so seeing as though the pure flesh of Soul Calibur 2 hd, being it's online feature, has been ripped to bone because of (and I hate to say this) borderline laziness.

That's a matter of opinion because most people aren't playing SC2 at a high level to see its flaws or just mashed buttons on the GameCube because it had Link, however SC2 didn't do well in the arcades, and people hated the other fighting games that were out during that time which is how they even gave SC2 a chance to begin with. But saying that the online features have been ripped to the bone is implying that they were even there to begin with when we don't even know the technical limitations of trying to port an old game that wasn't designed for online play. Every port of an older game has had issues.

I think I may make a thread of my own pointing out Project Soul's recent flaws. One of them definitely being lack of communication with consumers.

There wasn't a lack of communication with SCV. Just in recent months with the direction that Namco as a whole is going and certain people who've left the company for other ventures. I'm sure they'll go back and fix certain things, but the lack of communication has been disheartening which is the reason I didn't dive in to buy this game. Give it some time.

Reactions: CFW
is the netcode really that bad? is it at least as good as SC5 or can you not even block 1A's?

Or are you all just complaining that there aren't 4 person lobbies and pointless features like multiplayer team battle and not being able to disallow ringouts in your room?

is the netcode really that bad? is it at least as good as SC5 or can you not even block 1A's?

Or are you all just complaining that there aren't 4 person lobbies and pointless features like multiplayer team battle and not being able to disallow ringouts in your room?
It is Unbelievable how bad the net code is ; Example -Nightmares wr aa from fullscreen is almost an unblockable, Yunsung's 2+a+k is unblockable if you standing block the first hit.Also I have a 50+ mb connection.

It is Unbelievable how bad the net code is ; Example -Nightmares wr aa from fullscreen is almost an unblockable, Yunsung's 2+a+k is unblockable if you standing block the first hit.Also I have a 50+ mb connection.
well crap, I have a good connection too, so I thought I might have better luck, but that shoots this game all to hell for me. If the online is no good, I'm not interested. I can play SC2 offline on the disk.

Maybe someday computer emulators will be up to snuff.

It's so sad how Namco always seems to kick SC in the teeth while Tekken gets all the love.

I just got lagged to death 5 matches in a row. With not many people playing, the game ends up matching me against American and Japanese players. This Nightmare literally just spammed WR AA and I couldn't do anything about it.

I really do worry about the way Namco is running the show. It seems like after SCV they severed all ties with the community and decided to do whatever the hell they wanted. I can't beleive they omitted several features which have become staples in recent games. Features you expect to be standard in 2013 like lobbies, language settings and a good training mode.

Sorry for the rant but I feel it was needed. 4 person lobbies would be a nice thing to have but I'd rather they fix the horrid netocde first.

Making 20 different threads about the same subject matter always works in everyone's favour and is never a terrible idea.

Making 20 different threads about the same subject matter always works in everyone's favor and is never a terrible idea.
Well, it may increase the likely-hood of the topic exceeding beyond this site and becoming a more known problem. At least we know that many people are upset about the subject. Besides, if there are that many topics here, I'm sure that many people are already talking about it on other sites. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure this was the first thread on here pertaining to the subject. If there are too many threads about it, it's the newer ones that should be deleted.

Well, it may increase the likely-hood of the topic exceeding beyond this site and becoming a more known problem. At least we know that many people are upset about the subject. Besides, if there are that many topics here, I'm sure that many people are already talking about it on other sites. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure this was the first thread on here pertaining to the subject. If there are too many threads about it, it's the newer ones that should be deleted.
http://8wayrun.com/threads/sc2hd-patch-wishlist.17355/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back