SoulCalibur 6 wishlist and spam-support

Do you support this idea?

• Yes, it's not gonna hurt to try.

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • No, you perfectly know that this is meaningless.

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Spam anyway just to annoy them.

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Your list is well thought out, but too much info can overload me to not read it. Try to be concise and precise(unless a little elaboration is needed). Make it presentable for people to read. When you and I saw hwang24's post, you were able to understand it in one go. However when I read your post, I felt as impatient as a manager looking over resumes and gave it a pass. So again, be concise and precise. You never know when people are reading things to make a new SC6.
Ok', I'll try to redact my list into something more... readable and post it here soon.
Just like that stupid ZWEI design. It's hideous. Anime pretty boy + Twilight = Gross marketing for pubescent ladies. The moveset is cool though.
But his P2 was cool, add some helmet and it would be perfect.

I tried.
Battle System: same as SCV, just make GI cost less and add soulcharge
Characters: Return everybody from SCIV and keep ZWEI with Viola. Only one mimic - Olcadan. If Elysium stays give her a proper moveset, same with Kilik. EdgeMaster becomes Necrid-like, with a lot of weapons equipped all over him.
Costumes: All character should have 3+ costumes, some costumes tweak personality and/or visual effects on character attacks/CE.
Modes: decent in-depth tutorial, everything from SC3-5.
Character Creation: everything from SC3-5; only two sizes - recommendet and mimic; inhuman character - Lizards, Sceletons, Elementals, Golems; ability to choose parts of face/hairstyle/weapon/armor on arms/legs separately; hair length and position(in some cases, like ponytail) adjustment; face hair option; better voice and personality customisation; no more compatibility problems - everything can be equipped with anything; solve clipping issues; ability to choose breakable parts of equipment; aura option for weapons; Heterochromia and glowing option for eyes; more slots for stickers; body-damage as a separate category; more symbols for character name; better snapshot customisation.
DLC and whatever: collaboration items and guest-characters should actually fit in SC; buff ZWEI and nerf Viola; DLC - arenas and music from previous games, additional slots for created characers.

Okay, lets see:

MODES

1 - Variety - Anyone else noticed how horribly limitating those were in the last Soul Calibur games? You're just fighting either random CAS characters or random regular characters and thats it. Legendary Souls in SCV gave you a "Boss Rush", but its still a glorified Arcade Mode. What happened to modes like Chronicles of the Sword from SCIII? It was an excellent mode, it require some strategic thinking, it had a very cool story, the characters were interesting and you could even relate to them. I want more creative and different modes, not just random copies of Arcade. Tales of Souls were also very good, as you could go on multiple paths and even unlock different things.

2 - Story Mode - Make all characters have relevance. In SCV we only played with 5 movesets there and the story was extremely short (not to mention that the horrible protagonists ruined it). Story should be something cool and engaging and even a bit long.

3 - Arcade Mode - Two things should be brought back for this: Destined Battle custscenes and ENDINGS. I mean, lets be honest, why the hell does an Arcade Mode have no endings? Arcade Mode is supposed to play the role of the classic "character progress if he/she was to reach one of the swords". Even if they are not canon, there should always be something after that, not just a boss fight, you don't even unlock stuff with it.

CREATE A SOUL

Don't get me wrong, Create a Soul in Soul Calibur V was the best it has ever been in the series, but it still has too many horrible flaws.

1 - Costume restrictions - Can someone tell me why the hell some things, like, for example, underwears, are not available for all characters. God knows why they thought it was a good idea to allow Patroklos, Xiba and some characters to wear a fundoshi, but, for some reason, the japanese guy, Mitsurugi cannot select it. Another one which really bothered me, is that the Silk Wrap, an underwear Algol uses by default, is not selectable for him in customization (and neither for Edge Master, Mitsurugi, Siegfried and some others as well). What exactly is different between Kilik/Xiba/Voldo/Maxi/Patroklos/Astaroth/Raphael and Siegfried/Mitsurugi/Edge Master/Algol/Cervantes/Nightmare?

2 - Armor Destruction - You know, its okay to leave armor destruction as a way of letting the fight get sexier as the rounds go, but... can't we have some limitations? We should be able to select what parts of armor we want broken, don't we? While its totally okay to want the sexiness, sometimes its really inconvenient when you end up fighting in a fundoshi for many rounds. Its also horrible that my Link character gets his elf ears chopped off because of that.

3 - Additional movesets - Another thing that was removed from SCIII which I hated, while the additional disciplines from SCIII were not necessarily exclusive, since Bonus Characters used them, at least you were getting something you wouldn't see that often. Having exclusive movesets to CAS adds more variety and makes your created character not be just a copy of one of the defeault movesets. Hell, it would be a really cool thing if they brought movesets from removed characters, like Zasalamel's scythe, or Yun-Seong's sword. This way, while the characters would not be in the game by default, people could still create them and we would have more variety.

4 - Character customization restriction - Why the hell are we not able to customize some characters? I mean, I get not customizing Ezio, because he is a guest character, but what about Dampierre and Lizardman, for example? Why only colors?

OTHERS

DLC - Make GOOD character DLCs, not crap like Dampierre, Dampierre sucks, he is an awful and out of place character. Its a cool thing to have guest character costumes as well, but try not adding just random stuff, some packs have some really random things on them, like why the Loincloth was in the middle of head pieces? Also, make more packs with costume parts from previous games, for removed and remaining characters.

NPC expansion - Some NPCs had quite a lot of potential that wasn't explored in SCV. Some characters like Azola, Marienbard and even others could have a lot more story added to them. Amy was just a Bonus Character before she became part of the main roster in SCIV, this could happen to many others.

Profiles - Bring those back. I want to know who I'm playing with without needing to go to a Wikia, which is not that reliable. Sure, now New Legends of Project Soul has been translated, but how long did it take for that?

3 - Additional movesets - Another thing that was removed from SCIII which I hated, while the additional disciplines from SCIII were not necessarily exclusive, since Bonus Characters used them, at least you were getting something you wouldn't see that often. Having exclusive movesets to CAS adds more variety and makes your created character not be just a copy of one of the defeault movesets. Hell, it would be a really cool thing if they brought movesets from removed characters, like Zasalamel's scythe, or Yun-Seong's sword. This way, while the characters would not be in the game by default, people could still create them and we would have more variety.
This is the only part of your list that I feel doubtful about. On one side it's cool, fun and gives more uniqueness to character, while on other side two questions are born: how balanced those movesets are gonna be? and what about tournament play, instaban on online tourneys or character-exporting through internet/usb on offline tourneys?

This is the only part of your list that I feel doubtful about. On one side it's cool, fun and gives more uniqueness to character, while on other side two questions are born: how balanced those movesets are gonna be? and what about tournament play, instaban on online tourneys or character-exporting through internet/usb on offline tourneys?
These movesets can be just as balanced or unbalanced as any other, I don't get why that is a concern. Also, the movesets could be allowed in tournaments through CaS or even Bonus Characters using them. IIRC, Devil Jin was allowed in tournaments and was a rather low tier moveset.

These movesets can be just as balanced or unbalanced as any other, I don't get why that is a concern. Also, the movesets could be allowed in tournaments through CaS or even Bonus Characters using them. IIRC, Devil Jin was allowed in tournaments and was a rather low tier moveset.

if you don't know why that's a concern...then it might be high-time to do some research and find out why it's a bad idea...

if you don't know why that's a concern...then it might be high-time to do some research and find out why it's a bad idea...
If you have nothing to bring to a topic, better do a research and find out why its a bad idea to even post.

71c3931c1edc4353a0c03ec549753b965872a2c343c09255617f4470cbd924ed.jpg

because it's a free and open forum...where adults can exercise free speech, as opposed to acting like a bratty 5 year old who just cries whenever he doesn't get he wants

The SC3 movesets were very much unbalanced. They wouldn't be suitable for tournament play as a result.

CAS on the whole are rather problematic for tournament play since you're playing on a TO's system and as such you'd have to build your CAS before the tournament to be able to use it. Given time constraints already in place on a tournament, this really isn't feasible.

On top of that, a CAS's size alters how the combos etc actually work which can also disrupt game balance. It's introducing too many wild cards.

Back