Soulcalibur IV at Games On

Binkley

[09] Warrior
I'll be running another tournament in San Diego. Note that some of this information is subject to change (mainly the entry fee and Yoda/Vader legality) but I figured I would post up not so people can start planning their schedules.

Note the later start time! I think we're all happy for this.

When: Sunday, Nov. 16th @ 1PM
Signup close 15 mins before start, BE ON TIME.

Where:
Games On
953 Garnet Ave
San Diego CA 92109

Entry Fee: $12 ($10 to the pot / $2 venue)

Payout: 1st 60% of pot, 2nd 30%, 3rd 10%

Rules:
Up to date rules are here: http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=4262

(Summary)
-Bring your own controller / stick (standard PS3 controllers only)
-Rounds: 3/5
-Games: 2/3 (3/5 for Losers / Winners Finals, and 3/5 Grand Finals)
-Pausing forfeits the ROUND
-Soft-Reset forfeits the MATCH
-60 Second Rounds

-Button Binding allowed
-Stage Select Random
-Soul Gauge default
-Life Bar default

-Characters Banned: Vada, Yoda, All custom characters, bonus characters, and ALGOL
-Winner of the first match must keep their character
-Color Edit characters allowed but only during finals
-All infinties banned

We will have 3 HDMI cables so there won't be that lag from last time.

Also, please try and avoid swearing / adult language. (I know I have myself will work on this.)

Why are these always on Sunday?
These are on Sundays because the game store wants them to run on Sundays. If you would like a different day, I would encourage you to contact the owners of the store.

another tourney? sounds fun, 10 bucks to play though......

It's actually $12 total. I'm curious to see what the turnout is like with this higher entry fee.

It's actually $12 total. I'm curious to see what the turnout is like with this higher entry fee.

how many players show up to these things generally? how small of a turn out do you expect!!

p.s. sundays are perfect for me....keep that up!!

A lot of people would be driving a good distance from LA to SD for the tournament, and only 3 people win money... thus the vast majority of people have to not only spend hours driving to SD and back, but also pay for gas and pay the entrance fee, most likely for only 2 or 3 games.

We got around 40 last time around, which was pretty good as far as I'm concerned.

A lot of people would be driving a good distance from LA to SD for the tournament, and only 3 people win money... thus the vast majority of people have to not only spend hours driving to SD and back, but also pay for gas and pay the entrance fee, most likely for only 2 or 3 games.

i would think thats the risk you take for driving all the way down from LA to come play. the venue has to make money. Aint nothing in life free. $12 aint gonna break nobody. Cut the guys that put this together a break.

hey what's up everybody ... i'm vacationing from queens, ny over at laguna beach and still be there on sunday ... is this near laguna beach?

if so i'd be down to show up =)

hey what's up everybody ... i'm vacationing from queens, ny over at laguna beach and still be there on sunday ... is this near laguna beach?

if so i'd be down to show up =)

actually you are about an hour and a half worth of driving away. you should still show up though!!

Heres whats up folks. I am running a carpool from the LA area over to SD. I got 2 spots left in the van. If ya wanna be down all ya need to do is pitch in on the gas. (It aint much cause gas prices are down!!!) If ya got the cell call or PM me. Im around the gardena area but if needed we may be able to work something out in terms of a possible pick up.

Back