Soulcalibur threads thread

Nyte

Fu-ma's Shadow
SC has been known for getting pretty... creative when it comes to designs. Though I suspect Hoshino's probably going to use a lot of the girls' costumes for blatant fanservice, why don't we talk about the kind of costume ideas we have for our favorite characters?

Voldo: Avian themed. His mouthpiece would be a beak, his "armor" would have feathers, and he codpiece would be shaped like a bird's head. After the spider-themed costume of SCV, this could work.

Astaroth: His SCV costume was Frankenstein-themed, and his 2P was a tin-man. What happens when we combine them? ROBOROTH! A robot-like Astaroth design would look pretty sweet, though try to make it look like an old-school robot so it fits into the universe.

Taki: They could have her wear a mask again. I'll admit that it made her look mysterious. Give her tights some light armor in some areas (but not over the goods of course) since it would realistically give practical protection.

Siegfried: Knight armor, not quite as boring as SCV but not quite as blatantly anime as SCIV. Give him some cool looking knight armor but don't make it all crystal-like.

Ivy: Since she's the one character where being sexual is part of her personality, having her wear a ridiculous outfit makes perfect sense. Not something quite as ridiculous as her outfit in IV, but something very revealing. I'm not sure exactly what to say because I don't know how to describe her outfits.

Yoshimitsu: Another cool character because they can have fun with his design while still staying true to his personality. I thinking that his mask would switch faces each round, as in it rotates between different colored expressions that look very cartoonish. I hope you get what I mean.

Oh boy, I'm probably gonna write a lot on this. I don't care about Voldo and I hate Astaroth, but Taki, well... Taki can't be any better than in her skin-tight suit, and giving her that mask would be cool, I really liked it in SCIII. When it comes to Sieg, I love the SCIII 1P cotume, colored blue to fit with his Soul Calibur and it looks amazing. Also I liked the SCIV "crystal costume", but that's probably because I love Final Fantasy and like this kinda stuff. But I think classical knight armor like in SCIII fits him much better. When Talim returns in SCVI, I hope they don't screw her up. SCIV 1P costume for her was beautiful, and I don't think they can do much better. If Pyrrha will stay, I'd love to see some kind of heavenly armor on her, like Sophitia's 2P from SCIV (I actually like Pyrrha). I hope Hilde stays in the game, but it's a bit unlikely. If she does though, I'd love to see some beautiful princess dress again. Also one thing I need to say, I really want all character costumes in character creation, like in SC:BD. If Cassandra returns, I want to see some beautiful Valkyrie costume on her as well. I saw some concept drawings in SCIII art gallery, which I really liked, but they didn't use it, so they hopefully could do something similiar in SCVI.

I'd love to see something similar to Ivy's alt in SC3:
ivysc3art3-jpg.3767

It's really hard to top Voldo's P2 from SC5:
Soul_Calibur_New_Legends_Of_Project_Soul_061.JPG
Daisuke Tsushima deserves a standing ovation.

Same thing with Setsuka's & Taki's P1 from SC3:
setsc3art1-jpg.4149

taksc3art1-jpg.4313
That mask ♥.

I always wonder how far they can go with Taki's Ninja-suit & Sophitia's Greek goddess dress.

Maybe something like this for Sophie:

Charaimg_02p.png

I just hope they don't focus too much on fan-service this time. I like how they toned it down in SCV.

I think my favourite SC costume ever is Cassandra's SCIII 1P outfit. It might look tame, but I just love everything about it.
That dark blue jacket with rolled up sleeves. puffy shoulders and golden details, whatever it is that it is made of, then what seems to be a shirt made of silk, her lotus reminiscent miniskirt and little boots - it all makes her look sleek, and her figure petite but well-endowed. I like the fleur-de-lis shoulder pad and that pink tie too.

Cassandra's SCIV 2P costume is pretty awesome too, so if Cassandra makes it to SCVI, just keep doing what you do, PS design team! :D

Another costume worth mentioning is Sophitia's SCIII 2P costume - it doesn't appear to be a fan favourite, but I like how the layers of clothing make Sophitia look quite sleek and attractive too.
I also love Siegfried's SCIII 2P costume, Talim's SCIII 2P costume (for some reason it reminds me of rams - I think that, properly placed, ram's horns would look cool on Talim haha; also - lot's of strings and ribbons and stuff like in this costume; leg warmers are a good detail too), Voldo's SCIII and SCV 2P costume, Amy's SCIV 1P costume, Maxi's SCV 1P costume, Ezio's SCV 1P costume, Pyrrha's SCV 2P costume, Viola's SCV 2P costume...

Basically, I think they did a pretty good job in SCV when it comes to costumes. Plenty of eye candy!

Well, I have to go on the thought of Soul Calibur 5. With the exception of Patroklos 1P /Alpha Patroklos 1P/2P, I feel the character designs looked great. It's going to be a little hard but here's what I think.

•Ivy: I feel that her outfit in SCV is easily her best. I epecially came to appreciate her 2P look (she looks like she could crossover into Bayonetta because of Mari Shimazaki though I hate the Lost Swords designs). Anyway, it's a nice combination of Sexy yet elegant and that's pretty much how I feel about the character as a whole. I still do not like her "floss" outfit in SCIV and felt they should have just made that a character creation item instead.

I can't really think of a new outfit for Ivy but I'd love for them to continue mixing elegant lace with dominatrix undertones like her 1p from SCV. I saw this image and I think it'd be a cool base to build on. Considering that they are almost entering the 18th Victorian era, I think a Victorian theme would be great for Ivy.

•Voldo: I like your idea a lot. Heck, why not model his new look after the Plague Doctor? I think that would be a very fitting and kooky design for our beloved freak character.

Just obviously give him a fetish bodysuit instead of robes and they adorn him with large feathering to his neck, shoulders, glove cuff/hems, and possibly boot cuffs.

latest

•Tira: Tira has had some pretty nice looks (though not personally a big fan of her SCIV 1p. I think her SCV appearance was a nice combination of Bird meets Harlequinn and I especially loved her "Swan" dress. I can't honestly think of a concise look though I feel taking some more nod from Emilie Autumn would be awesome for her (just no white/pink color of course).

emilie_autumn_by_catchphrasex.jpg
Anna-marie-5.jpg

\

each character should wear the same outfit, also make sure Talim doesn't come back

Here's Part 1 of my costumes wishes:

Kilik:
His primary costume should be resemble a Shaolin monk since he did train a temple with other monks. His secondary outfit should be his SCV 1p minus the helmet and chest armor.

Xianghua: Her primary outfit should be based on her concept artwork for SC3 (the one that sort of resembles her 1p from Soul Calibur 1). Her secondary should be her SCIV 1P, with the design being white, pink, and teal.

Maxi: His primary costume is a mix up of his SC2 and SC3 1Ps. His secondary outfit should be his Soul Calibur 1P, only darker green.

Mitsurugi: His primary should be his SC3 1P. His secondary being his Soul Edge 1P

Taki: Don't change her 1p color. Her secondary outfit should be a shinobi inspired outfit.

Siegfried:
Normal knight armor for his 1P. His secondary should be his Sc5 1P but with some chainmail inside his shirt.

Hwang and/or Yun-Seong: Primary outfit should be something pertaining to the Korean army (Green for Hwang, Blue/Orange for Yun). Secondary outfit being casual Korean wear for Hwang, and for Yun-Seong, his SC4 1P.

Mi-Na:
Have her wear a modified version of a hanbok dress for her primary. Her secondary could be her SC3 2P or some Korean Army armor.

Setsuka:
A sexy looking kimono for her 1p, much like her outfits, but her hairstyle must resemble a geisha's. Her secondary is an elegant dress with a ponytail.

Yoshimitsu:
I see Yoshi's 1p resembling a kabuki actor's attire. His secondary resembling his Tekken 7 2p, but with flames on top.

If Hilde comes back to SCVI then I would love a 3P Bronze Armoured costume. Elegant & Battle ready :).
Also maybe they could bring back old outfits as DLC (I would love to put Sophitia in her SCIV 2P), or maybe even as unlockables in the game. I know that in this age of gaming DLC has pretty much taken over everything, but I would love for SCVI to have more unlockables instead. I know however that this is unrealistic as it doesn't earn them as much money :(.

If Hilde comes back to SCVI then I would love a 3P Bronze Armoured costume. Elegant & Battle ready :).
Also maybe they could bring back old outfits as DLC (I would love to put Sophitia in her SCIV 2P), or maybe even as unlockables in the game. I know that in this age of gaming DLC has pretty much taken over everything, but I would love for SCVI to have more unlockables instead. I know however that this is unrealistic as it doesn't earn them as much money :(.
Well, if they put Hilde in SCVI, I definitelly want some beautiful princess dress as her 2P, like in SCIV. Cause when I want to show somebody how beautiful SCIV is, I just select Hilde 2P on the Thesmophoros' Garden and they go "Holy shit, she's beautiful".

Back