"SoulCalibur: Unbreakable Soul" Trademarked

I think it's a bit redundant to put "Soul" in the title twice...

Well since it's going to be on both platforms (but sadly no Wii U version... T_T), some predictions are to made:
  • It's an update to SCV!
  • It may reuse many assets from previous entries.
  • It may expand on the story.
  • It may be non-canon.
  • It may be an excuse to bring back every playable character in the series!
  • There may or may not be any new characters.
  • It may improve on character creation!

Please be easy on this... It's just a teaser trailer. More information will be released soon... How soon? I don't know...

What I do know... Putting "Soul" in the twice is a little redundant...

Clearly a fake video.
  • Fake channel with no views. All official Calibur material is posted on Namco's channel.
  • No press whatsoever.
  • The video links to www.soulcalibur.com, but that site makes no mention of this.
  • And most obviously: pathetic editing. Wordart title in bold Times New Roman, horrible transitions in both visuals and sound, no actual teaser, the list goes on.
It's amazing how people actually fall for this crap.

I don't think that is a legitimate trailer.
Clearly a fake video.
  • Fake channel with no views. All official Calibur material is posted on Namco's channel.
  • No press whatsoever.
  • The video links to www.soulcalibur.com, but that site makes no mention of this.
  • And most obviously: pathetic editing. Wordart title in bold Times New Roman, horrible transitions in both visuals and sound, no actual teaser, the list goes on.
It's amazing how people actually fall for this crap.

If that is true, then maybe it would to appropriate to report this to Namco.

God, I was all happy to know the platforms, but if it was fake... =(

I really wish some info soon. Three are the things I care the most: platforms where is going to be release, if it is a fighting game and the character roster.

More than 3 months already...

Come on Namco, throw me a bone about this game, I can´t wait more xO

i figure if they are going to make a new version then they would make it for new platforms unless it's going to come out in the next 3 to 6 months (which, if this is indeed real, i doubt). but i guess the only thing that can be done to confirm any suspicions so far is to wait and see. hopefully, though if this is true, there will be more answers than developing questions like with what happened in SCV.

yea this is most definitely a next gen release.

and i think theyre taking a good, hard look at offline and online modes. they probably are quiet because they dont want to say something they cant deliver. (soulcalibur.com bios are a mess, the online is lackluster and the offline modes are just boring CPU battles)

hopefully they simplify the story as well, SC takes itself to serious and i feel its very hard to follow the canon. cant there just be a generic tournament like the other fighting games...

well, "tournaments" is just too cliche of a story. they would be able to deliver on the story if their writers weren't just bad. but this is Namco we are talking about. they've never been good with plot in fighting games.

yea this is most definitely a next gen release.

and i think theyre taking a good, hard look at offline and online modes. they probably are quiet because they dont want to say something they cant deliver. (soulcalibur.com bios are a mess, the online is lackluster and the offline modes are just boring CPU battles)

hopefully they simplify the story as well, SC takes itself to serious and i feel its very hard to follow the canon. cant there just be a generic tournament like the other fighting games...
No thanks to the "tournaments". Seriously, there are more creative ways to get people to fight each other.

Last edited:
i was exaggerating. obviously "generic" shouldnt be in any game, period.

i do think the story line should be less screwy though.

Back