Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Zas dropped his suicidal plans early before acting on them in order to figure out a completely different scheme to pursue.
Cassandra spoiled SC5 plot ahead of time, cringed in disgust and swore to rewrite most of it. She also became a magical girl in the process.
Zas it's okay.. but isn't news that Cassandra appear in SC tl, is exactly Unbreakable Souls plot, she trapped in Astral Chaos, met Edge Master and for some reason she need collect Soul Edge fragments, all characteres in this game are from SC 1 with adition from minor characters from SC 3 & SC:BD (Hualin, Lynette, Valeria, Dampierre and friends, Night Terror). maybe that's the reason the old tl Cassandra appeared malfested in the new timeline, if I'm not mistaken when she defeated her in LoS you get the title 'Unbreakable Soul'.
Zasalamel may change what went wrong in SC 3 and 4, instead of Abyss existing they could awaken Algol soon, while Cassandra she never owes such an intense interaction with the other characters, except to meet Raphael and Siegfried. I would say that her changes will only affect perhaps the fates of Sophitia and Pyrrha, she may be able to save them from the destiny of SC 4, or perhaps cause Patroklos to actually be captured, as each action has a reaction. This we will know more when SC 7 comes out.

There were only 3 pieces of clothing left to have Bong Seon's costume complete. I wanted to sue the genius who came up with the idea of bringing her clothes separate in other packs. :sc4min1:

Zas it's okay.. but isn't news that Cassandra appear in SC tl, is exactly Unbreakable Souls plot, she trapped in Astral Chaos, met Edge Master and for some reason she need collect Soul Edge fragments, all characteres in this game are from SC 1 with adition from minor characters from SC 3 & SC:BD (Hualin, Lynette, Valeria, Dampierre and friends, Night Terror). maybe that's the reason the old tl Cassandra appeared malfested in the new timeline, if I'm not mistaken when she defeated her in LoS you get the title 'Unbreakable Soul'.
Zasalamel may change what went wrong in SC 3 and 4, instead of Abyss existing they could awaken Algol soon, while Cassandra she never owes such an intense interaction with the other characters, except to meet Raphael and Siegfried. I would say that her changes will only affect perhaps the fates of Sophitia and Pyrrha, she may be able to save them from the destiny of SC 4, or perhaps cause Patroklos to actually be captured, as each action has a reaction. This we will know more when SC 7 comes out.
Wasn't the general thrust of Unbreakable Souls that Cassandra was rocketing back and forth between slightly alternate timelines of the main continuity. Except I never was clear if it was meant to be for sure the same exact Cassie as would be involved in the original continuity up until SCIV. Come to think of it, didn't Broken Destiny do something similar with regard to one particular alternate continuity? I mean, the less said about the type of mind that tries to find complete consistency and gravity in the overarching Soulcalibur narrative, the better...but, at the same time, it really does seem that Cassandra is at the center of the plot elements where the stories of the various products converge.

Assuming these are all the same Cassies (not a given), then she falls into the astral chaos at the end of SCIV; spends some significant time in there (possibly up to and including the timeframe of SCV) before being found by Edge Master; apparently learns to harness the forces there in a limited fashion similar to how he has (but apparently with longterm consequences to her physical and mental well being); and at some point before, during, or after all of rest, ends up bouncing through the Unbreakable Soul events/alternate realities; and ultimately back in time to try to warn herself about the tragic coming destruction of her family. Which is an interesting choice in events to change, because while the Alexandra family suffers immensely for their efforts to do the right thing, it is ultimately their sacrifices that pave the way for sealing SoulEdge and Soulcalibur away together, seemingly permanently, at the end of SCV. Whether and where Broken Destiny fits into such a continuity, I really can't say, remembering next to nothing about that that game's story, such as it was.

COTS is another case of parallel universe or distant earth or other tl, whatever. The way Luna and Strife used Soul Calibur and Soul Edge multiple times, although we know that both swords were sealed in the Lost Cathedral. Don't forget that both were in Siegfried's possession.
//
Girardot was the only bonus of this story mode that returned to the series, or at least the only one I found. It would be interesting if in the next LoS these characters were canonized and who knows the story takes place on the realms that were probably destroyed due to Soul Edge. :sc4hil1:

Broken Destiny
The story mode of this game seems to me more of a mass hysteria cases than something canonical. If at the end we had Dampierre narrating exactly as the Ice King does with Fionna & Cake's adventures it would have been more 'funnier'. :sc5dam1:
The game's charts contain canonical events while The Gauntlet gives us a tutorial full of madness and fantasy, which makes me think it's all Cassandra/Hilde's dream or one of Dampierre's many lies.:sc4cas1:

Back