Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Considering Negan, from Walking Dead, managed to make it into Tekken, even though he is not a fighter at all (lets be real, he is more of scrapper with a weapon and most of the fear from him comes from personality and the scenarios he is found at), then there is nothing anyone can say that denies a Game of Thrones character in Soul Calibur, it would definitely be a boost to the game's popularity. The thing is: ONLY ONE will make it, I doubt they'll add both Jon "Hotass" Snow and Daenerys, and since Negan is more of a scrapper, Daenerys being added as a sword user summoning dragons to attack is more than believable, even if she isn't too much of a fighter in the show.

Now, regarding the second guest, because if we're being honest, S2 will most likely feature more than one guest, could come from Capcom or SNK. Square Enix provided 2B (just as they provided Noctis for Tekken), which means that the companies that provided Akuma and Geese respectively can also provide characters for Soul Calibur. Here are my proposals, not saying that they'd be added together, more like one per company, maybe even one from either:
  • Dante / Nero / V / Vergil (Devil May Cry) - Devil May Cry 5 was, undeniably, a success, it brought the series to its roots and is a great game appraised by most who play it. Its also a popular franchise, with very popular characters and a quite likable newcomer. While Dante obviously has more chance than the others, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of any of those guys to be guests in Soul Calibur 6.
  • Necalli (Street Fighter) - Necalli is one of the newcomers from Street Fighter V, and one of the most popular among those newcomers. Being an ancient warrior, it would make sense, lorewise, to include him in the series, unless they pull any random time travel excuse to bring anyone else. Considering they care a lot about how lore connects even the guests to this game's lore, an ancient warrior seems like the best choice.
  • Haohmaru / Nakoruru (Samurai Shodown) - SNK is about to release another SamSho game, and its raising quite a bit of hype with its return. Haohmaru and Nakoruru are probably the most iconic characters, with Haohmaru bringing his whirlwind attack and the possibility of cool interactions with Mitsurugi and Nakoruru bringing her pets, as well as the possibility of using Rera as a Soul Charge. Both would definitely be cool.

Necrid has a better shot of being DLC than game of thrones. There will be one guest character or none at all.

Project Soul is broke, and Namco isn't going to pay up for an expensive character.

Necrid has a better shot of being DLC than game of thrones. There will be one guest character or none at all.

Project Soul is broke, and Namco isn't going to pay up for an expensive character.
I am quite tired of this bratty behavior of yours. Who do you think you are to say which characters have no shot at being DLC, let alone if there will be one guest or none at all? Are you an executive at Namco or Project Soul to decide anything? Yeah, I don't think so. If you don't have anything worthwile to say, no argument, no point, then don't say anything. Also, no, Project Soul isn't "broke", in fact, Soul Calibur 6 has been considered a financial success and its even going to be at Evo, which means that, if anything, Namco is going to invest more on bringing new stuff to the game.

My uncle works at Namco. He told me the Guest character is going to be Daenerys. She wields a sword that is too heavy for her, thus her movelist will be wholly unique and original.

Her Soul Charge will involve her being nude, but there will be flame particle effects obscuring her naughty bits. She will use her dragons in this form. The Framerate is currently chugging down to 20 fps but project soul is working on it.

This is what her stance will look like.

My uncle works at Namco. He told me the Guest character is going to be Daenerys. She wields a sword that is too heavy for her, thus her movelist will be wholly unique and original.

Her Soul Charge will involve her being nude, but there will be flame particle effects obscuring her naughty bits. She will use her dragons in this form. The Framerate is currently chugging down to 20 fps but project soul is working on it.

This is what her stance will look like.
View attachment 60457
Thanks for proving my point, brat.

If they can manage GoT, Night King is a much better choice as an interesting character than anyone else could be. He has a lot more they can work with to make a movelist.

Seems tie. For Jon Snow he may have his wolf fighting with him when Soul Charge, an idea i had for Zwei and Artorias but would work dope well to for Jon.

04fe2ba0d5035ac8632234fde2c80b62.jpg

1486aadf07ab8c900ed31d1e06bf44e5.jpg

82b90d_6215094.jpg

Seems tie. For Jon Snow he may have his wolf fighting with him when Soul Charge, an idea i had for Zwei and Artorias but would work dope well to for Jon.

04fe2ba0d5035ac8632234fde2c80b62.jpg

1486aadf07ab8c900ed31d1e06bf44e5.jpg

82b90d_6215094.jpg

Jon Snow is confirmed in development but he will wield a bastard sword. My uncle at Namco confirms that his gimmick will be that he can’t die. So he’s an unbeatable character. He’s designed to get casual players comfortable with the game and on an even playing level with the pros.

Jon Snow is confirmed in development but he will wield a bastard sword. My uncle at Namco confirms that his gimmick will be that he can’t die. So he’s an unbeatable character. He’s designed to get casual players comfortable with the game and on an even playing level with the pros.

I like what you're doing here.

Your dreams of these characters are not for nothing. For if GoT characters indeed make the cut, I shall reward you with those guest characters from my own pocket.

Anything is better than Maxi x Jacker (LOL) and a one piece guest.

How about Lyse Hext from Final Fantasy XIV or the girl in my avatar? It would be a hand to hand style since Lyse is a Monk in Final Fantasy XIV and her movesets are gender nuetral too so that CaS characters don't look awkward when choosing their respective genders. Since Tekken has Noctis with bladed weapons, then Lyse would be the opposite with using her fist like Jin of SCV. I think she would be a nice guess character and her outfit looks nice without being too overly sexy like Ivy, lol. Here is a vid of Lyse in the Stormblood expansion to see how her potential movesets could look like. She would fill the role of a character that uses their fist for those that prefer that style of fighting.

Back