Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

I believe that Vergeben was right on the fundamentals but not the specifics. We did indeed get both Hwang and Lizardman in the game just not how he thought (unless that's to come), He said voice lines were in for Cassandra but that it wasn't as detailed as the other characters (it's possible at this time there was no voice actor or portrait yet), Kilik and Groh do face off against each other, Azwel does have a connection to Groh considering he created his malfested form, and he said Raphael fans would sweat (last character to be revealed...possibly meant he was the farthest behind work wise).

I think there is a very real possibility that Vergeben was getting his information from his source who worked in either the voice acting department or the QA department and if I remember correctly about the time he revealed Azwel (Hwang/Lizzie) based info his source either got found out (fired) or left the company. Everything after June/July was speculation on his part based on what his old source had told him...unless he had another source that worked in a different or the same department. Game development is often kept separate...working in voice acting for example would only get part of the information across. The Groh & Kilik scene and the fact they interact later easily could have been misinterpreted. The problems were where he tried to speculate on the limited information he had.

Regardless one cannot deny that Vergeben kept the speculation alive and helped increase hype and helped us set some expectations for what to expect with the game.

Yeah. People are just fishing, bashing him to see if they can trigger him to crawl out the woodwork and give them some new info.

I just realized that 2B has an alternate costume with the Kaine outfit....

OMG ALTERNATE COSTUME DLC CONFIRMED!!!1!

I just realized that 2B has an alternate costume with the Kaine outfit....

OMG ALTERNATE COSTUME DLC CONFIRMED!!!1!
Only if you take it as a "confirmation" that we can customize 2B. It could just be a bonus so we can make Kainé.

I mean, we don't even know when we're getting 2B, so the first armor pack may even be further away than we think, unless we're lucky and it comes at the same time as 2B.

I'd hope it's not too far away. CAS is really bare bones right now, and the armor pack could alleviate that. I get the sense it won't get the same hype as a character, so they might not need to wait until a big event or anything.

Just wanted to pop in and say that the weapon icon for liz is a left handed axe when lesser uses the right handed moveset.
I really don't think it should have been that much trouble to just mirror the style so it would be left-handed.

It wouldn't be much trouble, no. The fact that they didn't and don't let you fight Chief directly means his left handed style is probably NOT the lesser style and instead something more akin to 4. They probably just share weapon icons because they share weapon models.

Trouble is, even if we get the first armour pack sooner rather than later its only going to be 50 pieces or so which by the time you split that between male and female is only 25 pieces each give or take. It's really not that much when you consider all the different categories that need filling out, and the shortfall the base game already has.

Yeah, most non-underwear parts were unisex in SCV, except for the DLC. They've held true to that in SCVI, except for the 1p costume parts. Unfortunately, they also made no effort to make previously non-unisex parts unisex.

I'm thinking we'll probably get 2B at the end of November or December. She looked about as complete as Tira did when they revealed her. I wouldn't be surprised if we get 2B near the end of November, an armor pack in December, new character january, armor pack february, new character march otherwise it will be bimonthly. Hopefully we'll get an announcement of season pass 2 at Evo. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the DLC content (character wise has already been worked on and they might just need to make some new stages and story modes to go with them). If we don't get a season pass 2 reveal by Evo we probably won't be getting one.

I could have swore when I was facing the lizardman chief CPU he did Cassandra's A+B. I'm not too familiar with Liz but did he always have this move? If not, it makes me think that Cassandra is in there and is somewhat finished. They could have made that lizardman by pulling animations from both Soph and Cass.

I could have swore when I was facing the lizardman chief CPU he did Cassandra's A+B. I'm not too familiar with Liz but did he always have this move? If not, it makes me think that Cassandra is in there and is somewhat finished. They could have made that lizardman by pulling animations from both Soph and Cass.
He had it in SC2.

Yeah, the lesser appearance is kind of a strange combination of every single lizardman version? Has moves from every game. I'd imagine most of these will be on the full character.

Watch Lizardman never be available in the ultimate troll move by Project Soul, instead adding Dampierre.

I miss Dampierre. :(

Attachments

• Phersute.png
    Phersute.png
    755 KB · Views: 127
  • PhersuteCard.png
    PhersuteCard.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 159
Back