Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

I think we'll come 50-50 and get Amy and Hwang, since those two are teased to be fighting and yet not actually seen fighting. Cassandra doesn't do any fighting, though it could be argued that she'll get some fighting if she comes with a Soul Chronicle story, of course, it's just weird that Amy and Hwang have fighting scenes off-camera.
Nope, it was confirmed to be Lizardman by Vergeben, because they were rushed to finish development and had to make him DLC. Even though they had a partially finished Amy model, and she won the Lost Swords character contest (only for the game to be shut down, and her fans left with nothing), they probably stopped development on her due to time constraints. Looks like I'll have to dust off a 10 year old game to play as my favorite fighting game character of all time... I guess her and Cassandra's success on the popularity poll didn't matter in the end... (remember when Hwang barely ranked at all?)

Last edited:
Vergeben's credibility is lacking, if we're being honest. He just kept getting more and more things wrong as time passed. The things he got right, those could have been guessed by about anyone. I really feel like the only legitimate leaks he ever had were about Grøh. Azwel, maybe, but he called him Grøh's father, and that's not true, either. Lizardman's moveset is incomplete and somewhat broken, reeks of enemy-only stuff like Colossus from SoulCalibur III.

Vergeben's credibility is lacking, if we're being honest. He just kept getting more and more things wrong as time passed. The things he got right, those could have been guessed by about anyone. I really feel like the only legitimate leaks he ever had were about Grøh. Azwel, maybe, but he called him Grøh's father, and that's not true, either. Lizardman's moveset is incomplete and somewhat broken, reeks of enemy-only stuff like Colossus from SoulCalibur III.
I really hope you're right, but in the words of Amy: "Hope only leads to disappointment.":sc4amy1:

I think we'll come 50-50 and get Amy and Hwang, since those two are teased to be fighting and yet not actually seen fighting. Cassandra doesn't do any fighting, though it could be argued that she'll get some fighting if she comes with a Soul Chronicle story, of course, it's just weird that Amy and Hwang have fighting scenes off-camera.
Except there's Lizardman. Notably in the main story he isn't fought, with the trio only mentioning that they beat him. They could've just made a CAS lizardman using the "Lesser" style and called it a day, but they didn't. That's very suspect.

Except there's Lizardman. Notably in the main story he isn't fought, with the trio only mentioning that they beat him. They could've just made a CAS lizardman using the "Lesser" style and called it a day, but they didn't. That's very suspect.
Chief is still left handed, isn't he? And he still has stuff like a weapon icon and 3 weapon models. It's probably going to be an upgraded SC4 lizard, considering they could still use the same models and icons for that.

We've got several "suspect" candidates, including Lizardman, Hwang, Amy, Edge Master, and maybe Cassandra. The first four are known to fight and yet not actually seen fighting, though you could argue that the Lizardman that shows up in Libra of Soul on the "evil" route (fought alongside Ivy and Astaroth) in chapter 4 is, in fact, Aeon, so he gets taken down one rank for that. Edge Master is a mimic, so he's down one rank for that, since I really doubt they'd include a mimic in the season pass.

That leaves Hwang and Amy on top, most likely, with Lizardman and Edge Master just below, and either equal to or less chance, Cassandra, since she's not actively seen as a fighter. Algol, Hilde, Li Long, and Yun-seong would go below that tier, since they are only mentioned but not seen in person at all, and even further lower chance would be Setsuka, who only has a single line in a training document, and isn't acknowledged in either story mode by anyone. Rock is the lowest chance, as he is mentioned but never by name, only as "The White Giant".

Nope, it was confirmed to be Lizardman by Vergeben, because they were rushed to finish development and had to make him DLC. Even though they had a partially finished Amy model, and she won the Lost Swords character contest (only for the game to be shut down, and her fans left with nothing), they probably stopped development on her due to time constraints. Looks like I'll have to bust out a 10 year old game to play as my favorite fighting game character of all time... I guess her and Cassandra's success on the popularity poll didn't matter in the end... (remember when Hwang barely ranked at all?)

Vergeben has gone radio silent because he's been exposed to be full of shit.

Don't expect him to post again unless he's going to spread more DLC bullshittery or the off chance that Hwang and Lizardman actually *are* the next DLC.

Either way, don't trust Vergeben. He was right about the game existing back in 2017, and was right about Groh being "edgy". Other than that he has been completely wrong about everything.

Remember when Kilik and Groh were supposed to be rivals? HAH that was complete BS

Remember when Kilik and Groh were supposed to be rivals? HAH that was complete BS
I had forgotten about this! Thanks for the reminder. I suppose it was gleaned from the cutscene where they come to blows, that if it was important enough to make a fully animated cutscene for, that it must be a central plot point. Still, even an educated guess can be wrong, and there's the proof.

Well, after seeing today's announcement, can we admit that this image is starting to look credible? The only difference is is that Hwang and Lizardman have yet to be confirmed so far.
unknown.png

And, yeah. I don't trust DasVergeben either. His so-called 'leaks' have been complete BS as of late. =\

Well, after seeing today's announcement, can we admit that this image is starting to look credible? The only difference is is that Hwang and Lizardman have yet to be confirmed so far.
View attachment 52971

And, yeah. I don't trust DasVergeben either. His so-called 'leaks' have been complete BS as of late. =\
Second half for season pass stuff is purely speculation, and the fact that lizard and hwang were in the first truly legitimate leak is a bit... strange. It makes me think they were planned and cut, or they were gonna be DLC for later. Following the genders of the silhouettes after 2B's matched, if it was two men then it would have to be those two.

But I think this is where it's gonna end for me, I'm getting off this train. I've put a good amount of time in SC6 labbing the characters, figuring out what they can do and how to defend myself from them on a basic level, and I think that's all I really have for the time being. No character on the roster works with me as well as lizardman did, so I'm going to stop and try to get myself uninvested for a while until he's revealed. I'll be back whenever that is, I guess. Can't take another week of keeping my eyes glued to this place for new finds or updates, much less potentially several months before anything happens.

Somewhere Okubo is thinking "There, you can stop asking me. And NEVER tell people to request me for a character ever again, Kayane."

Anyway, we now have a second guest character, who's also the series' first female guest character. (Fun fact, her VA, Kira Buckland, is also the current voice of Talim.) Now we have only two more slots for DLC and our list for suspects hasn't narrowed. My guess for the most likely candidate is probably Lizardman because he clearly has a partial moveset as shown by NPC fights, but after that it's difficult to narrow it down.

Realistically, the only possible candidates are Hwang, Lizardman, Cassandra, and Amy. Add a bit more fringe, and we could include Setsuka and Hilde.

Yun-seong is too busy idolizing Hwang and hasn't gotten over himself yet to prepare to fight, and Algol is in line behind Azwel to be the next antagonist.

Li Long and Rock are going to meet up and make a club somewhere, and they might be inviting Dampierre in the distant future.

In a world where Harada just wants to watch the world burn, and has enough executive meddling power, we might see Edge Master. But I really doubt it.

Vergeben has gone radio silent because he's been exposed to be full of shit.

Don't expect him to post again unless he's going to spread more DLC bullshittery or the off chance that Hwang and Lizardman actually *are* the next DLC.

Either way, don't trust Vergeben. He was right about the game existing back in 2017, and was right about Groh being "edgy". Other than that he has been completely wrong about everything.

Wholeheartedly agree with you, Vergeben's full of shit.

He might be not very right lately (or having less trustworthy sources), but let's not forget that he told us when the game is going to be announced, Groh's presence and SoulCharge system before they were announced (also he completely leaked DBFZ season one DLC characters list).
Don't discard his past achivements over few failures.

At the very least he's been on a cold streak. That's actually the problem with leakers is that eventually sources just stop talking to them for a variety of reasons and sometimes their sources just troll them. No one is discarding his previous stories, but we have to judge him in the present and in that regard he's striking out

He might be not very right lately (or having less trustworthy sources), but let's not forget that he told us when the game is going to be announced, Groh's presence and SoulCharge system before they were announced (also he completely leaked DBFZ season one DLC characters list).
Don't discard his past achivements over few failures.
And to his credit he did get the leak about Azwel right, but at the same time he was wrong about him being Groh’s dad.

I believe that Vergeben was right on the fundamentals but not the specifics. We did indeed get both Hwang and Lizardman in the game just not how he thought (unless that's to come), He said voice lines were in for Cassandra but that it wasn't as detailed as the other characters (it's possible at this time there was no voice actor or portrait yet), Kilik and Groh do face off against each other, Azwel does have a connection to Groh considering he created his malfested form, and he said Raphael fans would sweat (last character to be revealed...possibly meant he was the farthest behind work wise).

I think there is a very real possibility that Vergeben was getting his information from his source who worked in either the voice acting department or the QA department and if I remember correctly about the time he revealed Azwel (Hwang/Lizzie) based info his source either got found out (fired) or left the company. Everything after June/July was speculation on his part based on what his old source had told him...unless he had another source that worked in a different or the same department. Game development is often kept separate...working in voice acting for example would only get part of the information across. The Groh & Kilik scene and the fact they interact later easily could have been misinterpreted. The problems were where he tried to speculate on the limited information he had.

Regardless one cannot deny that Vergeben kept the speculation alive and helped increase hype and helped us set some expectations for what to expect with the game.

Back