Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Even better yet, it'd be cool if Amy brought back Chester's Dagger style from SoulCalibur III, if we're gonna change her at all.

But no, leave Amy alone, she's fine with a rapier and no orb.

Think the CaS items might come with the January update?

One can hope. I'd like to see them keep up a brisque pace like that for the content releases, since it will keep enthusiam high, will get the characters and other add-ons out quickly, and, with hype momentum conserved, hopefully increase the likelihood of additional seasons. That said, realistically speaking, I'm guessing it will be closer to two months between drops. Interestingly though, I noticed that the Ver. 1.10 update included a handful of creation items. I think that's pretty cool that they are giving away periodic freebies on top of the 100 pieces being reserved for the season pass.

Yeah, the hostility is getting tiresome. People should spend time requesting certain characters get added rather than requesting certain characters get removed. That anti-Amy campaign is just silly and petty. People should respect the fact that every character in the game has a fanbase. It would be much more productive if the community as a whole started asking Namco for a second season pass rather than arguing about who does or does not deserve to be in the game.

And to add my two cents into the whole "repeating weapon" thing, I personally care more about gameplay than anything else. If the moveset is fun, that's what matters to me. And I personally prefer weapons which are based on real martial art and something which leads to readable animations. I'd rather have another sword user than something completely bizarre and fantastical.

One can hope. I'd like to see them keep up a brisque pace like that for the content releases, since it will keep enthusiam high, will get the characters and other add-ons out quickly, and, with hype momentum conserved, hopefully increase the likelihood of additional seasons. That said, realistically speaking, I'm guessing it will be closer to two months between drops. Interestingly though, I noticed that the Ver. 1.10 update included a handful of creation items. I think that's pretty cool that they are giving away periodic freebies on top of the 100 pieces being reserved for the season pass.
They apologized for the time it took to release 2B, so I don't think 2 months is intended to be the standard. 2B was probably delayed from when they originally planned to release her due to the complicated nature of adapting her into the game. Hopefully between the addition of custom parts (seemingly) being a far less taxing process than adding new characters, and the remaining playable DLC cast being veterans that fit into the game easier (with plenty of pre-existing assets) we can expect a reliable, fair, release schedule.

(That being said, I don't feel entitled to this. I have no idea what goes into the game's development, or what Project Soul's internal affairs look like)

I don't think everyone has a gimmick. The unique moves/play style is more important

Maybe not all of them but it does seem like most of them have some new mechanic that didnt exist before.

Siegfried has Dark Legacy.
Mina has tip range properties.
Zasalamel has some time curse thing.
Cervantes has some bonus for landing several gunshots.
Tira has a new, third form.
2B has some analysis thing from certain attacks.

Some of the characters probably dont have anything but i'm guessing that is because their movesets are already pretty elaborate and complicated as it is. EX: Voldo, Yoshimitsu.

Ivy isnt particularly complicated as a movest but the weapon itself is the most dynamic and interesting out of the whole cast. All attacks transforming from short to long range by holding the button i suppose is her unique mechanic.

I doubt Cass and Amy are coming back on board without something new like that.

Maybe not all of them but it does seem like most of them have some new mechanic that didnt exist before.

Siegfried has Dark Legacy.
Mina has tip range properties.
Zasalamel has some time curse thing.
Cervantes has some bonus for landing several gunshots.
Tira has a new, third form.
2B has some analysis thing from certain attacks.

Some of the characters probably dont have anything but i'm guessing that is because their movesets are already pretty elaborate and complicated as it is. EX: Voldo, Yoshimitsu.

Ivy isnt particularly complicated as a movest but the weapon itself is the most dynamic and interesting out of the whole cast. All attacks transforming from short to long range by holding the button i suppose is her unique mechanic.

I doubt Cass and Amy are coming back on board without something new like that.
https://soulcalibur.fandom.com/wiki/Character-Specific_Abilities

There's this.

Unbreakable throws are also something new to the series, as far as Im concerned.

Ivy, Talim, Tira have one. Are there more?

The only gripe I have with the whole 'who gets what' thing is that you'd think some characters would receive one because of their abilities in-universe (Sophitia and Xianghua, namely), but then they don't.

What would Cassandra get? More LH properties on her hip-based attacks?

The only gripe I have with the whole 'who gets what' thing is that you'd think some characters would receive one because of their abilities in-universe (Sophitia and Xianghua, namely), but then they don't.

What would Cassandra get? More LH properties on her hip-based attacks?

The flying ass attack better LH.

But seriously though i think shields should provide more auto GIs and more active frames. They should also have better recovery on block than other characters.

Maybe Cass can get more speed or better frames from successful GIs or auto GIs. Plus maybe certain shield attacks.

Unbreakable throws are also something new to the series, as far as Im concerned.

Ivy, Talim, Tira have one. Are there more?
I dont know but i would have assumed Astaroth would have at least one.

The flying ass attack better LH.

But seriously though i think shields should provide more auto GIs and more active frames. They should also have better recovery on block than other characters.

Maybe Cass can get more speed or better frames from successful GIs or auto GIs. Plus maybe certain shield attacks.

I dont know but i would have assumed Astaroth would have at least one.

Astaroth has revenge mechanics for his grabs, larger range for his grabs, as well as being able to break out of back grabs.

They apologized for the time it took to release 2B, so I don't think 2 months is intended to be the standard. 2B was probably delayed from when they originally planned to release her due to the complicated nature of adapting her into the game. Hopefully between the addition of custom parts (seemingly) being a far less taxing process than adding new characters, and the remaining playable DLC cast being veterans that fit into the game easier (with plenty of pre-existing assets) we can expect a reliable, fair, release schedule.

(That being said, I don't feel entitled to this. I have no idea what goes into the game's development, or what Project Soul's internal affairs look like)

Well, I know things are speeding up with regard to such things these days, but two months between releases for a single season pass still seems like a pretty fast turn-around. That said, I have to agree that CaS parts must be a much quicker part of the process than creating/balancing a moveset and the associated character model/animations, and all the other tasks that go into a building a character. Plus, who knows how much of this first CaS package is hold-over content that has been in development for a long while but has been reserved for this drop. So I would expect that PS/Namco probably could make a January release.

But even then, the question remains: does it make sense for them to do so? If they are expecting the next character to require a substantial amount of time to finish polishing, it may make more sense for them to hold back the next release a few weeks to make the time between releases consistent, maintaining attention for the long haul and managing expectations for the releases. it's often necesary for companies in the gaming industry to work this way because of the extreme level of (just as you phrased it) entitlement; if you manage to finish one character ahead of schedule and then try to do the positive thing by releasing it early, some fans (unfortunately, all too many of them, actually) will lose their shit if the next one takes twice as long. Unfortunately, the companies that act in good faith are often caught in a matrix of consumer reactions that are fueled by the more egregious marketing policies of less scrupulous publishers/developers and the unrealistic and/or irrational demands and expectations of certain portions of the fanbase.

Finally I'll play with Cassandra again!!! if Amy will back in this first season pass we have one female DLC, including the first guest girl in all SC franchise. I can't complain because are all awesome characteres anyway...
Now just to speculation pherhaps I believe in Lizardman, Edge Master and Hwang to be add too, I'm very restless about the empty slot in the center of the character screen, then Edge Master a candidate to be there...

My predictions for Season 2 DLC is pretty much looking like this so far.

Hwang - Somewhat Likely
Setsuka - Very Likely
Aeon - Very Likely
Hilde - Somewhat Likely
Yun-Seong - Very Likely
Edge Master - Unlikely
Rock - Unlikely

Last edited:
My predictions for Season 2 DLC is pretty much looking like this so far.

Hwang - Very Likely
Setsuka - Very Likely
Edge Master - Very Likely
Hilde - Somewhat Likely
Yun-Seong - Somewhat Likely
Aeon - Unlikely
Rock - Unlikely

Hwang, Hilde, Rock and maybe Setsuka, I agree, but:

1. Why would anyone burn money on a mimic?
  2. Aeon could be in, but more likely as an axe-and-shield user, if they don't revert him to sword and shield, that is.
  3. Depends on if they put Yun-seong's kick-heavy gimmick behind Hwang's Soul Charge or not.
Also, Amy and Cass joining in are still rumors, unless one of you know whoever spread that and got ironclad evidence that they're next.

Hwang, Hilde, Rock and maybe Setsuka, I agree, but:

1. Why would anyone burn money on a mimic?
  2. Aeon could be in, but more likely as an axe-and-shield user, if they don't revert him to sword and shield, that is.
  3. Depends on if they put Yun-seong's kick-heavy gimmick behind Hwang's Soul Charge or not.
Also, Amy and Cass joining in are still rumors, unless one of you know whoever spread that and got ironclad evidence that they're next.
Just updated my predictions. Thanks.

Back