Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Aeon or Rock, depending on who is or isn't grey. Or maybe Edge Master.
It would have to be Edge Master, if a free character: I can't fathom them giving away an entire new character, moveset included. Knowing your past commentary on the matter, though, I am sure I am probably preaching to the choir at least as far as that goes, though. But I'll say also that I think any new character is probably less likely than any of a number of possible alternative.

I agree; I think this makes the most sense.
I had initially thought we already got all the old music back, but I realize now, we're still missing some tracks, aren't we?
We would have had them all if Cassandra had followed suit with the rest of season 1 and included the SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V soundtracks, along with probably at the very least the one variation from Broken Destiny (considering that it was featured in Cassandra's Soul Chronicle) that was also featured in SoulCalibur V, if not the rest of them as well. But she didn't, for whatever reason, so it's possible that may be what it is.

We would have had them all if Cassandra had followed suit with the rest of season 1 and included the SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V soundtracks, along with probably at the very least the one variation from Broken Destiny (considering that it was featured in Cassandra's Soul Chronicle) that was also featured in SoulCalibur V, if not the rest of them as well. But she didn't, for whatever reason, so it's possible that may be what it is.
I don't know, it just doesn't seem like the kind of thing they would prep an entire independent patch for, when these songs could be easily added with a given character or characters, as previously. In any event, its a bit of a head scratcher.

I don't know, it just doesn't seem like the kind of thing they would prep an entire independent patch for, when these songs could be easily added with a given character or characters, as previously. In any event, its a bit of a head scratcher.
I'm just saying it could be. They might have been in such a hurry that they legitimately forgot to include the music and decided to release it as a free DLC alongside the launch of season 2 as a freebie type thing to give the appearance of goodwill. I still want it to be something bigger, don't get me wrong, but it's certainly possible that it could just be the missing music. And I bet we still won't get Dance of the Oracle.

I'm just saying it could be. They might have been in such a hurry that they legitimately forgot to include the music and decided to release it as a free DLC alongside the launch of season 2 as a freebie type thing to give the appearance of goodwill. I still want it to be something bigger, don't get me wrong, but it's certainly possible that it could just be the missing music. And I bet we still won't get Dance of the Oracle.
That explanation doesn't track: even if they forgot up until last week to plan to include that music in this that or the other update, there would still be nothing stopping them from bundling the music with any of those planned updates, or any other patch, when it arrives: it's not as if any of data is likely to be fully compiled at this point, except perhaps for the Hilde release, if November/December is the drop window. If one of those modules represents the music, it's because they plan to release that content on its own, and I just don't think that's very likely. "Could be" is rather a squishy term. Is it within the realm of possibility? Sure. Is it at a realistic contender among the possibilities? I tend to doubt it.

At this point, I wouldn't rule out Edge Master: I don't know about y'all, but in addition to numerous other items on my list that I emphasize every time they put out feelers on community feedback, I have routinely mentioned (as a quick aside at the end) how much I think he might mean to the community as a freebie. And I'd be surprised if I was the only one or if the dev team hadn't been considering this for a long time, even before feedback. Or it could be a portion of the new mechanics/moves, which could easily be coming in multiple modules rather than all at once, or stages/stage variations, or a fair number of other things that are probably more likely to get released on their own than the music--which is more or less ready to got at any time and would be a kind of minor selling point, hence previous music releases being bundled with characters and CaS--would be.

On the other hand, there are a lot more registered modules for season 2, so maybe the idea is to space things out a bit more, to maintain more of an even keel on the buzz over the duration. However, there is a certain amount of overhead that goes along with every patch and drop for continuing support media, so I still tend to discount a release just for the sake of retro music.

Last edited:
I mean, I really like the idea of getting Edge Master as a free release, I'm just keeping my expectations extra low after not getting Hwang.

But that's a great point Dissidia, the only reason it was expected the rest of the music would come with Cassandra is because it wasn't for sure that we would get a season two, so if Cassandra didn't bring it, it created the possibility that we would never get the music.

The breastplate is not separated from the rest of the armor.
DyPvT6IX0AAShge.jpg large.jpg

I don't need the breastplate, I just need the shirt. And the shirt is definitely standalone:

EJu-9gGVAAEMAw1

Oh wait no, damn it... wait a minute... waaaaaaait a minute... is the shirt attached to pants and boots? :talimcry:

Maybe I can still make it work with stickers making the pants into my bootleg Ring Trousers, we'll find out!

Dampierre possible Soul Chronicle:sc5dam1:
Dampierre and his subordinates were about to head to Wolfkrone, they were hired to kidnap Gisele but realized who it was as they attacked the carriage. Dampierre managed to convince Gisele that they were here to prevent her from being "kidnapped" by soldiers coming in actuality to halt the abduction. He then managed to convince her uncle through a letter to grant him and his crew passage into Wolfkrone, and convinced Gisele to join him and write a letter to her uncle saying that she was safe with him, while he also considered the possibility of extorting ransom money from him.

Back