Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

...and Scheherazade, while more palatable, is really nothing more than distillation of every western-elf-as-represented-in-Japanese-media trope in existence; it really more than suffices to have the Hidden Village Clan race in the editor--likewise for Ashlotte and the automaton option.
This comes back to the Aeon situation, though, in that different races would logistically fight differently than the norm. It doesn’t pass for there to be a Lizardman race, because really, none of the styles accurately reflect the feral nature of how a lizard person fights. Similarly, an Automaton would have more abilities and such like 2B, utilizing its mechanical nature to augment its fighting abilities. Elves, hidden village clan, whatever you want to call them, are the more normal of the bunch, since thankfully, there are several dexterous fighting styles available to suit their frolicking nature.

@LisaK — Kamikirimusi is just as anime-inspired as other SoulCalibur characters, to be sure. She’s not particularly innovative, but she employs several traits of female anime oni characters to exemplify the concept. She just would need a bludgeoning moveset with demonic powers and she would be a great addition / representative of Darksider race, which I’m still sure she’s supposed to be, even though they’re male only and beasts in SoulCalibur VI.

I think Kamikirimusi is a very 'simple' character in terms of design, that's not attractive to me. As far as her story is acceptable, I would say that this would be a good excuse to officially introduce Arthur or his daughter to the main cast.
If she appeared like that I would say, hell yeah #BringKamikirimusiToSC
EVLlX3mUcAAioMI.jpeg

I don't know if this character is from an anime, game or even an OC, but I really liked it.

sometimes it's hard to explain what i want, but that would be it, they could incorporate a armor into her design..
latest
yu-xinhe- - Copia.jpg

traditional and girlie with a complex f*ck*ng TOO_ANIME japanese armour

Ugh, Nezuko’s bamboo gag makes me cringe every time I see it. :sc4amy1:

But even that samurai instead really practical, with all that exposed skin. I know it’s SoulCalibur, and it is what it is, but seeing some sensible designs wouldn’t be the worst thing.

I mean, aside from the obvious waifuism cults that exist for certain characters, I'm not sure what's so exotic about Shura. Again, if the five had their own unique moves, that'd be different, so a four-katana style might could be interesting, giving the most benefit of the doubt, depending on how it was done, but two arms can only do so much with four katanas. It's not like she's Final Fantasy's Gilgamesh or something:

latest

Same for Ashlotte and Kamikirimusi, my personal favorites, they ought to get moves to reflect their weapons, and then they would have the potential to be quite unique. Ashlotte having some automaton-specific moves similar to (but not the same as) 2B, in a way, and using her hammer like a hammer instead of Astaroth's axes. Kamikirimusi using her kanabo as a large bludgeoning instrument instead of a giant sword would be neat, too, though at least Nightmare's Infernoisms did give a hint of some sort of demonic power, it still wasn't enough. Scheherazade, I'm not sure what could really be done to differentiate the rapier style even further from Raphael's power stance or Amy's agile dance, but they might could find a way.

Angol Fear... I got nothin'.

If they bring them both back, they should give Ashlotte and Kamikirimusi the movesets of Girardot and Strife respectively.

If they bring them both back, they should give Ashlotte and Kamikirimusi the movesets of Girardot and Strife respectively.
I don’t really agree with that. Ashlotte’s weapon is more of a bladed heavy mace than it is a lance, and Kamikirimusi’s is a blunt striking weapon, while Strife has a lot of slashing attacks and generally not enough of a demonic presence. All new movesets or nothing in my opinion.

OFF:Girl, you have a PC, go to the steam and buy Bloodstained, you have a 40% discount.. :sc4rap1:
If you haven’t checked the shitposting thread lately, I’ve been busy with Yakuza for the last few weeks. But I can pick it up, it just won’t get played for at least another week or maybe two.

If you haven’t checked the shitposting thread lately, I’ve been busy with Yakuza for the last few weeks.
after becomes FF threads, I don't enter in this place, is just here for now. No news so I don't have much what do in general threads. DLC threads have liberty to speculations..
:sc5nm1:

after becomes FF threads, I don't enter in this place, is just here for now. No news so I don't have much what do in general threads. DLC threads have liberty to speculations..
:sc5nm1:
Well it’s kind of gotten over that, I sort of turned it into a Yakuza thread, but it’s still the shitposting thread, which you’re always welcome to, as the queen, of course you are.

hey guys when Hwang and Setsuka return will have some of their iconic costumes..??
Hilde, Amy & Cassandra have their SCIV outfits back.. so what they will have...??

I think Hwang will have his classic Soulblade costume
hwaSBEart4.jpg

and Setsuka these
setsuka_render.png
2113433-667px_setsuka1p_001.jpg

I wish for this setsuka-soul3-2.jpg but i think it's difficult for the development team to design this from scratch..!!

Back