SoulCast Episode #1: Brewtus Bibulus

With Winter Brawl and Final Round in the rearview mirror, and a new patch, MLG, PowerUp, and a slew of other noteworthy events coming down on us at breakneck speed, we felt it was time to finally start a Soul Calibur V podcast. With that, we introduce...

SoulCast

Brought to you by the Video Gaming Federation nerds, SoulCast is essentially the Soul Calibur V extension of a Tekken-related podcast that the VGF already does and has been doing for roughly a year now. That being said, the format of the two series will be similar. What does that mean? Well, eventually we will start recording character-specific episodes that center around the strategy and discussion of one character only. In addition, we'll bring on a guest that knows the character in-depth, has had success in tournaments and/or is a respected voice in the community, and (more likely than not) is someone you've heard of.

Because SCV is so new, however, we want to give the game a little more time to mature before we start talking in-depth strategy. The fact that we have a balance patch coming in less than a week is proof that such prudence is wise. So, expect the initial run of episodes to be mostly interviews, where we get some names on that probably ring a bell or, if not, are names you should know. We'll get their opinions on a variety of topics and hopefully start up some constructive discussion throughout the community. For those dieing to hear big names chat about their characters, we'll start those up, at the latest, as soon as Evo has passed.

Now that we have that out of the way, here's our first episode featuring guest BrewtusBibulus. Maybe you've heard of that guy? More links after the video.

[NSFW... just barely.]

8wayrun thread: http://8wayrun.com/threads/a-soul-calibur-podcast-soulcast.12186/
VGF site: http://www.videogamingfederation.org/
VGF YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/kitaenjacks?ob=0&feature=results_main
VGF facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Video-Gaming-Federation-VGF/167768476578566

Thanks to Jaxel, Bibulus, and the whole 8wayrun crew. For everyone else, feel free to spread your comments, suggestions, and hate. We're easy to track down. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good listen

Looked up that Cross assault sexual harrassment and REALLY barely saw anything wrong with it. She looked like she was going with it.

I also agree that it was painful to listen to, it kind of gave me a headache so I took a break 60 minutes in and read the hatespeach which was total crap then came back and listened to the rest.

Don't get me wrong, I think what you're doing is awesome, and I listened to all 90 minutes of it, but if you guys keep this up...

Please, invest in some quality microphones. Bib is the only one who wasn't a pain to listen to.

Don't get me wrong, I think what you're doing is awesome, and I listened to all 90 minutes of it, but if you guys keep this up...

Please, invest in some quality microphones. Bib is the only one who wasn't a pain to listen to.

Fair enough, we will do what we can to make sure that it is a better listening experience in the future.

Sorry, haven't had Internet access the past day. Stupid Mediacom.

But, yes, to echo funked's response, I blame myself for that. The audio we record is actually good quality, but the video converter I use craps all over it for some reason. I'm going to try it on its highest setting tomorrow to see if that will clear anything up, but that file is over 2 gbs and literally takes hours to convert. It's dumb. Anyway, I will be looking into that so that it doesn't sound so bad. Thanks for hanging with us despite that, lol.

Also, I completely forgot to add the NSFW tag to the video. We kept it relatively clean, but even if there's one curse, I feel obligated to do that.

Are you going to make this downloadable like the tekken podcasts? I like listening to them in the car on the ipod.

Live streams

2 Viewers
CallMePeterJr
CallMePeterJr
The Adventures Of Paige Continues. Progressing through more of Libra Of Souls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back