"Soup" Discussion

Porifera

[08] Mercenary
Howdy all! I wanted to discuss your least used Leixia moves. Maybe we'll find a way to use them. Like her unblockable, y'know, the one with the extremely avioidable progression (it's not like it'd be any other unblockable she could use to mix it up with). Turns out it's a nice touch for threatening since, duh, you can cancel for a quick grab or block. Beyond that it's assumed you can train your opponent to think you're bluffing then BAM! A nice hot bowl of pain right to their face! (I'm not going to deny how risky this move is, I know).

Then there's her jumping A and B, and how they seem inferior to a jumping K. I'd like the use the prior more but it's not practical (so far as my efforts go). Do y'all have a trick for them?

Do y'all have moves that aren't used? Do tell ^_^

Jumping A and B are very useful. Both are safer than jumping K. K is fastest so is useful for punishing strings w low followups.

I don't actually think Leixia has any useless moves, which is pretty great really, one of the reasons she's very fun to play.

9A is terrible. Don't use it.
9B is better than 9K in most circumstances. 9K's tech jump frames start sooner, but it's unsafe on block, whereas 9B is safe.

I'll occasionally throw her unblockable out there for shenanigans but it rarely works against good players. When I do use it, it's usually to cancel into 3A+B. if it hits, I'll either use FC3B for damage, or run up and tech trap with throws.

I use FC A+B a lot (compared to other Leixia's). It's awesome after an A throw to set up shenanigans with the cancel.

Ex: A+G, manual crouch, FC a+bG, A+G again.

I enjoy using 3K for making them whiff on my backstep.

Ex: 3K, 4, 3B+K kG, B+G

I'm guessing 9A is surpassed by other movies following a launch in terms of damage and working?

Speaking of cancels, does anyone cancel in crouch with their back to the opponent and what do you follow it with aside from B+K?

Well I got told.
I was still typing up my post when you made yours. :P

I'm curious, what makes you say 9A is useful? I've never seen any replay of a Leixia player actually using this move.

If it could cause wall splats like Omega Pyrrha's 9A, I'd give it more credit.

3A is another underused move. It has a lot of potential. I use 3A, WR A, CE all the time to catch people who push buttons too eagerly.

9A kills step pretty well and it sets up a forward RO 25/25/50 mixup with right side throw and 3B+K. It's high though so I don't like to whore it out like I do with Hilde/Pat/Xiba/Natsu's. At least it doesn't randomly go through Xiba's face like Aeon's 9A does.

B+K on itself is pretty useful. It's one of the only frame zero to whenever TCs in the game. I'm not a fan of 6[A] though.

Keeping in mind that my usual match up is a sig loyalist trying desperately to use his AGA , I find 6[A] useful to throw in following a WR A or A+G. Aside from B+K and 6[A], are there any other ways to get into that low spin? I'm trying to treat it as a stance with mostly poor results.

no there isn't another way to get into it. and don't forget about her other moves that tc if you go against a high spamming sieggy. 3b+k is good to also use as is 1a, you might get lucky and get a ch ^^

9B+K... I find it easy to get hit out of and hard to integrate fluidly. Although slower, 44K has been punishing and harassing low opponents better (not just Sig). Do y'all find 9B+K useful in particular situations or during certain mix ups?

9B+K... I find it easy to get hit out of and hard to integrate fluidly. Although slower, 44K has been punishing and harassing low opponents better (not just Sig). Do y'all find 9B+K useful in particular situations or during certain mix ups?

8_9B+K is great for is for +12 or greater frame traps or moves that are -12 or worse to damage the gauge. 8_9B+K is very effective after a 22B Break. Example: 22B ~ Break ~ 8_9B+K ~ G ~ AA[BE] combos.

I don't use it much except when I need to get a really lucky reverse ringout. it's ok after a break, and it does damage the guard gauge pretty good. it's safe so if you do use it you won't be punished except on whiff or jg, but in general there are better moves to use that are safer and faster imo

You're all so awesome! Lovin' the pragmatic advice. I have one last move to blow the dust off of.
1[A]. It's probably the least used move in her arsenal from my stand point. Even if A+B is quick, the tactic seems to put her in too vulnerable a position. This coming from the guy who endorses 6[A]...

I use 1[A] into Crybaby for finishing people off when they are super ridiculously low on health, or if I'm trolling online and just want an excuse to make bad players stop mashing buttons long enough to rage quit.

You know those people who you can triple perfect by mashing 6KK nonstop until they die/quit?

This is the *other* way to troll them.

I use 1[A] into Crybaby for finishing people off when they are super ridiculously low on health, or if I'm trolling online and just want an excuse to make bad players stop mashing buttons long enough to rage quit.

You know those people who you can triple perfect by mashing 6KK nonstop until they die/quit?

This is the *other* way to troll them.

I use 1[A] vs Viola...

I use 1 [ A ] to lie down when I have a big health lead and my opponent is near dead. Then instead fishing for their normal 1000000 damage combo starter, my opponent will stop, wait, then start walking back a bit, thinking "...really? This f*ing douchebag is gonna troll me by crybabying me ftw? Right that's it, that just means I'm gonna have to..." and that's when I get up and 66K them to death.

I find 1A to be extremely effective when facing off against characters that have useful high moves.

The best examples of this (or at least the people I use it most against) Nightmare/Siegfried throwing out 2-3 aGA's and especially against Maxi strings.

Because it TC's early on, it can be used to get out of most high attacks strings. Add on the bonus of a stun on CH and it becomes a fairly practical tool against any high game that an opponent wants to throw at you. If I had to say, the worst thing about it is that it is a 28 frame move, making it extremely "visible" to any experienced opponent.

But at least it's safe and breaks guard so the "visibility" doesn't mean too much.
Edit: As ZeroEffect pointed out, it's not so much the visibility of the move, as it is how slow it comes out. I guess I was trying to say that because it's so slow, it not as useful of a tool as it could be - I.E. Step Killer/Spacer

Last edited:
Back