South Bay Tourney! Its about time....

Upa

[09] Warrior
When: Saturday Nov 22nd @ 3:30PM
Signup close 30 mins before start, BE ON TIME.

Where:
2301 Grant Avenue.
Redondo Beach Ca 90278
"Teen Center"
-It can hold 100 people easy so elbow room is not a problem
Entry Fee: 10$

Payout: 1st 60% of pot, 2nd 30%, 3rd 10% (plus possible trophies)

Rules:
Up to date rules are here: http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=4262

(Summary)
-Bring your own controller / stick (standard PS3 controllers only)
-Rounds: 3/5
-Games: 2/3 (3/5 for Losers / Winners Finals, and 3/5 Grand Finals)
-Pausing forfeits the ROUND (All controller schemes must be made in the Selection screen)
-Soft-Reset forfeits the MATCH
-60 Second Rounds
-Failure to Appear at start of match for 3 mins will result in a losing the MATCH

-Button Binding allowed
-Handicap [OFF]
-Stage Select [OFF]
-Soul Gauge default
-Life Bar default
-Characters Banned: Vada, Yoda, All custom characters, bonus characters, and ALGOL
-Winner of the first match must keep their character
-Color Edit characters allowed but only during finals
-All infinties banned

-There will be 3-4 Tv's to make things smoother anymore will be welcome to allow casuals/tourney matches.
-With that said we need 3 suppliers of PS3's those people who are kind enough to bring their ps3/TV will get 50% off from the tourney entry fee

There will be NO ALCOHOL and NO DRUGS, this is a city house so keep it clean

The bigger the turn out the more likely this can be done again

Big ups to Turtle for hosting and sponsoring this event!

http://www.redondo.org/depts/recreat...een_center.asp
Edit/Delete Message

Okay, just a couple of things:

--any chance of things starting earlier? ~1:30 I think would be better, for various reasons like not ending too late->time for casuals after?

--this, I'm very leery about suggesting, but if people bring their setups I believe fees should be waived... I know I am too lazy to lug my crap around so imo it's incalculable how valuable setups are.

--"Teen Center"... seriously? :P Though after reading the website I can understand the point of the name.

Either way, thanks for the heads up :D And good job getting in touch with these people in the first place!

Lol its called a Teen center leave that alone! as far as waiving the complete fee thats negotiable we are all trying really hard to set stuff like this up so we'll see how it pans out

and 3:30 is the only time i can actually get into the place because i need that guy to open it up for me =(

Isn't this on Thanksgiving weekend? If it is then i can't come =( But im sure you wouldn't want a 13 year old to beat you guys anyways.

i ll be there to save the teen center . btw, i don t understand the rule about color edited characters being allowed only in finals? can we please get a ban on any WILD WACKY ACTION weapons/costume designs . default character designs only through out plz.

yeah I'll make a change to thatni ripped most of the rules off blinksSD tourney . So it's just defualt toons. And this isn't thanksgiving weekend it's the weekend before hand :) so show up people !

Dude your like 3 minutes away from my house O.o! All i have to do is go down to Artesia, nice placement for a tourny.

Is weekly casual also doable in that place? Its better than monthly met, of course we don't mind paying small fees doing so.

i can check about weeklky meets there it depends on the guy becuase kids might be there too you see..

also RSVPing is REALLY important because the closer the date comes and the turn out isnt going to be great then i would have to cancle so take some time and decide if your going to go and get that sat off wrk or whatever..
i made it a month ahead of time for a reason becuase im really putting a lot into this with the venue and what not

Awwwww goddamnit lol should i move the time around then becuase i have a bad feeling about the turn out

Don't worry too much, the timing is just so far away, its hard to commit to something happened after a month.

Look at the other south bay area tourney, no one sign up till the last 2 day, and its happening tommorow. Btw if I go I think I can bring my ps3

well a good sign of relief, i have never orginized something like this before so im kinda nervous. ill have faith in the general community then

Nice that your setting this up man, unfortunately I have no clue what I'll be doing on the 22nd. On top of that your place is about a 2 hour drive from here. If I'd get lucky enough to get first it'd all be going in gas money XD Anyway, I'll let ya know if I'll be able to make it.

i m bringing probably 3-4 people, not everyone posts on forums. you should post up a thread also on caliburforum.com

How far is this from LA? I'm gonna be in LA for that GGL thing, and it'd be awesome to make it to this too. As long as the schedules don't conflict. Even if it's just for casuals, that'd be sweet.

Back