Specific Zas moves

Omnis_Evrae

[08] Mercenary
Hi all. I've used Zas for quite a while now and it just feels that im not improving and that im just using the same old tricks over again. So i was just wondering what are some uses for moves like 11K, 6bK, 6BA, 4B:B, 22_88B, 6B+K, 3K? When times are best to use each move?

11k - walkers
6kB is actually the notation. It closes space and is really good on hit.
6B techs high and closes distance. Dont use the A afterwards.
4B:B can ring out, and combos into BT B+K into mixup. Also very quick (for Zas)
22B deceptively long low
6B+K leaves player at disadvantage, mid guard crush. CH into just frame
3K your main interrupt

Out of curiosity, what moves are you using a lot, if not these?

11K:
I never use this. It does track and TC though so I guess its ok. Decent poke against hardcore turtles.

6bK:
I'm going to assume you meant 6kB. One of his best moves. Use this as much as possible. +4 on hit -4 on block so even if you have it blocked 2A can stop a lot of their options afterwards. Use it in place of BB4 except during advantage setups. Beware: 2nd hit can be GIed.

6BA:
Another one of his best moves. Use it for its manly tech-crouch. Works great against 6BB spamming Amys and AA spamming Takis or for people who try to AA after you hit them with BB4 or 6kB. It gives HUGE frames on hit so you're free to do pretty much whatever you want afterwords. 66BB is a nice followup. It also a solid whiff punisher. Great SG damage too.

4B:B
Maybe my favorite move in the game. It's unsafe, but it's difficult to punish consistently for most people and even so, the risk/reward is in your favor. Use it against aggressive players or when you have advantage. Throw it out everyone once and a while during a face-to-face standoff to try to catch the CH. Its golden with your back to the edge. Blocked 22K or blocked 4K -> 4B are some decent setups. You should throw this out a few times per match.

22_88B
Not real great on it's own. Best when used as a followup to combos like 4B+K, BT B+K or CH 4B:B, BT [B+K] for a little extra damage. You can mix it up with 2B4 there as well, or if you've got balls, 66A+B. If you're gonna use it by itself, use it from max range (which is pretty far).

6B+K
Frames on this move are great, but the move itself is very inconsistent. Best used on wake-up when you think they are going to stand right away, but you can use it anytime you're at point blank range to keep the pressure on.

His best poke. Great range. Use it whenever you like. Not much downside to this one.

I use these. I just dont know when i should use them. I pretty much cant make my muscle memory work with them so now im going to implement these moves alot more so i can just remember their uses. But I mainly use 2B4 (into 2A, 6AB or ws K, grab), 4B+K, b:K, 6AB, 3AB, KK, 6A+B, 2B+K (on wake up). Hmm I should probly use 4A, 44A more too..

Wow it's so weird I could pull this off so much, now I just can't do it. Not even once.. grr ~.~

Back