Speculated Changes...

http://soulcalibur.com/archive/ has this always been here?
So what you're basically saying Oof is that SC now has a BlazBlue burst?

From what I read, I don think it works like that.Since the barrier burst is usually used to stop somebody who about to rape you with a combo. I doubt you can use Active Purge the same way though.

So, you can remove either your, high, mid or low armor to get a bit of your gauge back (so you won't get Critical Finished) but you'll get more damage when your hit in that section, then when you would if you still had the armor;I like the sound of that.

Just a question, did your defence ever actually change when you're armour broke? I never noticed... uless the armour just broke 'cause it looks co-- nice.

I've seen that before... but now that I look at it, the info looks pretty in accurate and lol at putting a picture of Hwang in Yun-Seong's gallery; because they're the same person ya know? Anyway, looks dodgey.

Yes. Armor damage has always reflected a damage modifier. It's a specific percentage for each region. About 11% on average, I think.

From reading that site that oof posted, the Active Purge acts kinda like a GI. So yes it looks like we are getting a GG type burst, but I'd say you can only do it when grounded, and also quite likely you can't do it when in hit recovery, only block recovery or neutral.
as for the crit finish moves. the normal crit finish is still in, they only introduced a new way to get a crit finish. Basically you have to hit with the new Critical Finish Stater Move, they've implemented. My take is that these moves are gonna be hella unsafe, slow, and hard as fuck to land.

From reading that site that oof posted, the Active Purge acts kinda like a GI. So yes it looks like we are getting a GG type burst, but I'd say you can only do it when grounded, and also quite likely you can't do it when in hit recovery, only block recovery or neutral.
as for the crit finish moves. the normal crit finish is still in, they only introduced a new way to get a crit finish. Basically you have to hit with the new Critical Finish Stater Move, they've implemented. My take is that these moves are gonna be hella unsafe, slow, and hard as fuck to land.

Well you'll probably never land one against anyone who trains up on how to avoid/interrupt the critical finish starter moves, seems like something that would be pretty fundamental and straight-forward to learn.

Burst in BlazBlue is kinda neat, though, it costs you a whole heck of a lot more than just your armor...

I believe that the burst in BlazBlue takes away your guard libra bar, but you get it back in the next round.

With the armour purge you'd be taking 11% more damage or so for the rest of the match.

I believe that the burst in BlazBlue takes away your guard libra bar, but you get it back in the next round.

With the armour purge you'd be taking 11% more damage or so for the rest of the match.

Well it takes away your ability to barrier block, and makes you take double damage for the rest of the round in BlazBlue... that's incredibly costly :) 11% is nothing!

Yeah, it's pretty insubstantial. I'm hoping they bump it way up for BD, but I'd also like some clarification as to what causes an armor break. Once in a while, you'll see a player lose a piece of armor from the very first hit of the entire match, and then lose another piece from the very next hit. It probably has to do with high-damage moves connecting on counter, but if armor damage bonuses suddenly became meaningful enough to care, people would cry about that kind of thing.

Yeah, it's pretty insubstantial. I'm hoping they bump it way up for BD, but I'd also like some clarification as to what causes an armor break. Once in a while, you'll see a player lose a piece of armor from the very first hit of the entire match, and then lose another piece from the very next hit. It probably has to do with high-damage moves connecting on counter, but if armor damage bonuses suddenly became meaningful enough to care, people would cry about that kind of thing.

Its not entirely random. If you do the same sequence of moves in training mode, you'll break their armor at the same point. But, if you mix up your attacks some, it doesn't seem to then break, so it either regenerates some or you have to hit the same area repeatedly. Maybe counter hits do more to it.

But, I'd never factored in what parts of my opponent's armor is broken to change my battle plan any. Maybe one should be.

Yeah, when the game was new, I used to pursue one guy's low armor all the time, because I thought it was hilarious to see Yun-seong get knocked right out of his shoes, but at some point I stopped caring about that so much. Probably when that player became more challenging to beat. It's probably not a bad idea, also for mental conditioning reasons, to exaggerate your focus on low moves at the start of a match.

hmmm i c....if u get his low armour broken, he'll think that u will target his feet for the extra damage, therefore he'll block low and u get free damage...hmm this could be good

Back