SS & CS/iCS Info

After Evo I went back home and I picked up 2 different methods (I messed up iCS a LOT there and it bothered me), one for each side (remember I use stick).

1P side:
321423691 - Here I roll the half circle normal but cut the figure 8 wide and reverse into the 2 before hitting the 3 again.

2P side:
34391 - Sounds weird but it will hit the perfect notation of 3214391 since traveling perfectly from 3 to 4 will hit 2 and 1 on the way without rolling the stick. This method is stupid fast and accurate but I can only seem to get in on the 2P side.

I use analog stick on PS3 pad. I think you get more precision on it. Never played on X360 pad, but its digi-pad scares me from even looking at it. Personaly, I'd use analog stick on X360 pad as well.

Digi-pad of 360 is circular so it's a mix between a cross and an analog stick, for this is possible do CS and SS without problems.

Cs is generally easier to set up do to frames. However most people are looking for those setups and will always mash A when in sword so it's hard to bait. SS on the other hand is often easier to be sneaky with.

Well this is just a reply because of the different camera angle but fast forward to like the 11 sec mark, she does 3B+K but the camera shows it from behind her. It can be duplicated, and in some instances (depending on level, size of opponent?) even gets close up behind her. Nothing to see here, just kinda cool I guess if the combo actually worked...

Their maybe a post/thread about his but I can't find it.
For a while I have been able to Ivy's CS and SS but I can't
seem to be able to just the CS.

So, to any skilled Ivy players, can you give me any tips
on how to achieve the iCS?

Thanks

I'm thinking the 1 and A+G have to be pressed at the same time. Also, do the input as fast and as accurately as possible.

Although I can iCS consistently, what exactly is the trigger that gives iCS as opposed to CS? Is it fastest input, or 321439 1: A+G?

Although I can iCS consistently, what exactly is the trigger that gives iCS as opposed to CS? Is it fastest input, or 321439 1: A+G?

You have to do the last direction and A+G simultaneously. Speed doesn't matter at all.

I don't know If this will help, but I find it very easy to do iCS using the D-pad of the PS3 analogue controller.
As most people believe, I'll second to that CS/iCS can be done easier to the 2nd player side (right side), while SS on the left side (although SS is still easy on the right side also).

Personally, I have been training iCS using only one hand (my left hand). And all I had to do was to initially bind A+G on the L1 button. With this method, pressing A+G (L1) together with the "1" direction of the D-pad was easier, because it is done only with one hand.
This is what looked like when I was training some time ago and a friend of mine recorded me while practicing iCS:

Hope this helps :)

Oh, I had wondered as my timing sometimes feels a little sloppy, though since the patch arthritic lepers have been known to iCS consistently =P

Is iCS easier on an Arcade stick?
Or is just the same on a pad?

I really can't tell you about the arcade stick because I've only used pad.. but I've heard it's easier on the stick.
But stay in training mode, keep practicing, and eventually you will get it.

Back