SS & CS/iCS Info

Is it easier to buffer iCS out of a move? I've tried to do it from a standing position and only got the white flash about 2 out of a billion times.

Is it easier to buffer iCS out of a move? I've tried to do it from a standing position and only got the white flash about 2 out of a billion times.

Yep it is. Try to use SW3B, SW 2A, SW 6, SW 22_88B or SW 4K for a buffering setup. You will find it's much easier, but also predictable. You can also do SW 44K and stand up iCSing.

Every move has a different buffer tolerance, so you'll need to get the feel for each one. For practice do:

SW 6*slight pause, iCS
SW FC 3B, iCS
CL A+B~B+K, iCS

These are the easiest buffer tolerances and you can focus on movement accuracy with the time it gives you, where as other moves the window is narrower and you'll have to spaz a lil to get a perfect frame iCS.

Thanks for the tips

So it's better to practice these and then try it without buffering?

Yes, because without buffering you will surely telegraph the throw. When you have the input down so you can throw it out without twitching you can try it without buffering. But experienced players know the common setups so they will always be alerted. You can also buffer iCS into taunts or jumps.

If your opponent expects iCS after SW 6 you can use 22B, B-grab or 22_88K instead.

When learning iCS you may be tempted to spam it at every opportunity, but people will be looking for the obvious set ups. So for every iCS set up, make mix ups. Generally iCS does not win most fights, but your opponent needs to respect it and the second they don't bring it out, never use it as your main tool tho.

My way of doing "no twitch" iCS is tapping and hold G for a VERY brief moment while I begin the 3214 and then snapping the 391. It still requires a lot of speed and accuracy to look perfect though as you're likely to wind up just crouching a lot.

Learn by buffering in moves, a lot of average level players still fall for the setups so you can abuse these as learning tools, but you'll find them near discard at higher level play. Buffering during block stun however is a VERY useful tool.

I can fully agree to IFBs post.

I dunno who came up with it, but someone once said:
"It's hard to learn iCS, but it's also hard to not overuse it once you've learned it."
I feel a constant temptation to spam it...

Yeah, it's just like SC2's mixup. I thought it was already a common knowledge because this was found like 10 months ago, a lot of players use it on european PSN ,350z and Eli too I think, but it seems not everyone still knows about this so I will "reveal the secret". As always, a video (with crappy quality)

[youtube= CL CS/SS]GVgPAekHjX0[/youtube]

The notation is very easy, while in CL, hold down [A+K][B+K], that way she won't switch the stance. Now do the motion and release one of these buttons (depending which throw do you want, for CS you release A+K, for SS B+K) and do A+G or B+G. For example, if you want CS: [A+K][B+K]3214391[release A+K]A+G, viola.

Also good news, I was wrong. You can do it without binding. You don't have to hold A+K and B+K, you can hold [A] and [B+K], or [A+K] and (A+K+B won't work, it must be separate A/B+K - B/A+K) Have fun =)

If anyone is wondering, this doesn't work in Broken Destiny.
it's interesting.. but in this case when you imput 214 B you go in SE obligatorily... do you often use this trick for do Ivy throws from CL? waiting for answer Ring

I'm Orochima-sama

I think you're hitting at "partitioning". In old SC2 you could do the directional notations very slowly and do move within it, such as making 2K part of the input by adding a "K" when you rolled on the 2. Kinda like an SF 2-in-1.

You cannot do this now. So if I do CL 3, 214B that 3214 will not contribute to 3214391 and let you snap 391~B+K:A+G. The only times you can buffer are during certain parts of recovery frames and when you're in block stun

you don't understand what I mean... if you play in CL holding pressed B+K and A+K when you input 214 B you go in SE bligatorily.. I want know if is used play in CL holding pressed B+K and A+K and release one of this two to input Ivy's throws from CL stance.. I find it very uncomfortable

I use those throws directly from CL all the time (offline not so much.. I have not played offline in 5 months:P) It actually has nothing to do with SE, it works only if you want to go to SW or WP from CL. I haven't seen much people use it though... I think only Eli123s and 350z actually demonstrated that when playing against me online and that's it.

btw what happened to your old account?

I remember that, it was posted in the old calibur forums. But yea that was the best opener. LOL

andI thought I might as well post this about these two grabs (3 w/e) Mainly for noobs like that are trying to learn the grab.

assuming you doing the iCS or CS (SS right side) the command is super easy
1.png
2.png
3.png
6.png
3.png
2.png
1.png
4.png
7.png
3.png
:
B.png
+
G.png

its a lot easier that way... you can cut off some time when you get good at doing it by doing it the way its originally given to you
1.png
2.png
3.png
6.png
1.png
7.png
3.png
:B+G

this throw is not really all that strict. maybe buffering is but psh worry about doing the throw first :)

to hit that nice iCS to impress your friends all you need to do is make the motion swift and smooth simple as that and make your grab match with the last direction.

lil tip make sure hit that -> cuz thats the only input I was apparently not doing so it never worked. I focus on making sure you hit the ->
1.png
rest are pretty easy :\

*note I do this with the stick xD I cant do this grab with the pad

sorry if anyone already posted this. I am not a fan at all of the stupid keyboard notation <_<

Edit* just messin around to see if I was right and i was. for those that find that method still too hard theres an even easier way lol. when you get the 6 (forward) just circle all the way around to 3 (to your back) In the nearer future I will post a buffer guide hopefully for all my grab whoring brethren may use and abuse this devastating grab

just found a super easy way to do SS, go - 1236, then circle back around 321478963 then just flick up at 7 and grab, works almost every time

Ladies and Gentlemen, glitched SS 90dmg EXISTS! Video evidence:

I apologize for the video quality, it was recorded with a cell phone. The timing is stricter than 109dmg iCS.

Ladies and Gentlemen, glitched SS 90dmg EXISTS! Video evidence:

I apologize for the video quality, it was recorded with a cell phone. The timing is stricter than 109dmg iCS.

I've never even heard of this. How do you do it?

Back