Stop Crying 5.1 Leixia

BrewtusBibulus

Get your eSports on!
So now that we all got the bitching over and done with here is what really happened

WR B BE - This didn't get nerfed as hard as everyone was expecting. The aGI is only for highs now, so what. The sidestep is slower, that only really effects it on wakeup and let's face it wakeup WR B BE was kinda silly... I was still finding success doing run up iWR B BE and in most points where you recover crouching.

44[A] - Did that really get a speed nerf? I don't feel it unless I try some of the guard break setups like 3B+K,K 2nd hit. Unsafe... So be it, now you have to cancel into B when it's not going to land and ultimately it's gonna force a 50/50 with how you end if people anticipate that and sidestep because you can then just not cancel.

44aB - Breaks in 7 now and still feels like +5 (haven't tested the advantage properly yet)

33BB - -13 on block now and doesn't push out as much as well as not breaking at all to finish people... Still reds them rather quickly all things considered and still murders people for staying on the ground.

6KK - Still gives shit tons of advantage on hit but now pushes out more and doesn't force crouch on the opponents. Still can't step out of FC 3B after it hits... I'm happy

22K - I really don't like this move now because it's got tons of pushback... like push you out of BB range pushback. But you kinda need to use it because 22kA,A series is going to be staple for guard break pressure now. Even then you want them to block the 22kA,A so do what you want

66K no longer breaks... I like that one personally

That's it for now kiddies... She is still damn good so don't run and hide with another character

I went through every move, combo, and property last night. She's fine, she's not crippled.

Only one I can really protest about is 33BB not causing a guard break once the opponent is in the red. Otherwise, I'm cool with all the changes.

Then again, the damage reduction on BT B+K seems a bit weird, but I'm okay with it.

I like the 33BB not breaking now... It gives her more ways to setup her money guard break stuffs like 44K and AA BE. Also makes you not have to hold back with it when people are flashing red because the first part breaking gives shit for a combo

I actually like 22_88K's standing pushback. I've been doing 44B after it and so far it's been working out okay. What is the actual frame dis/advantage on it now?

EDIT: Never mind, found it.

Yeah leixia is fine....i just played a shit ton of games on 360 at school....i can still wake up WRB BE, even on reaction to pyraahs 66B BE, and before the second move comes out i can still fuck over pyrra

WR B BE - This didn't get nerfed as hard as everyone was expecting. The aGI is only for highs now, so what. The sidestep is slower, that only really effects it on wakeup and let's face it wakeup WR B BE was kinda silly...

This, is simply not true. I've seen the way you play her, and your playstyle of her barely got nerfed at all. (33BB). What got nerfed is aggro Leixia. Leixia used to make people look silly in aggro play because after 3B+K, a WR B/WR B BE dodge quite near every vertical in the game, and let to psuedo standing mixup if done properly, regarding the follow up, mainly with people who'd try to 2A her and run face face first into a 4A+B, CE. You really have to play her like X now. Uggh.

I don't understand... I would consider my LX play aggressive too, and my style hasn't been nerfed much. What exactly is different?

I don't understand... I would consider my LX play aggressive too, and my style hasn't been nerfed much. What exactly is different?

My style was based on power-dodge standing mix-up. It wasn't at all the most effective, and definitely had it's weaknesses, but was very fun, and generally paid off. These mix-ups occured after 3A+B, WR A+BB, and 2A mainly. I could mix up someone by either doing a vertical or horizontal counter, and people had to guess somewhere along the lines of 50-50 which I was going to do. Now this style with the slower step gets beat by i14 and faster, meaning you eat all the major punishing moves in the game, because they didn't change the safety of these moves on block to keep the numbers consistent.

I definitely miss her command grab, 1A, and some of her SXS setups, but as for playing aggressive, I think Leixia does it better. Lexia can play an entire round with the advantage and a plus how she kills guard (even after the patch) and applies pressure without the need to go low. As for 33KA it rang her out too that move was so gimmicky and it rung her out sometimes too. I love 33k as a stand alone fast mid kick, but now we have 6KK :)

Only people not used to the string really fell for it. X was awesome but I feel her daughter is better. I want X as a character back though. This girl has no swag -_-

On paper, the changes sound quite bad, but I've had a lot of matches yesterday and I don't think she's garbage. Thank god WR B BE is still great as a whiffpunisher. And tbh I don't have a problem with 22K being neutral on hit.

Just did some testing with her. She's still playable, obviously, but the 22K nerf makes me sad. That was my favorite low. I'd have been fine with the nerf to this move if they just reduced the pushback a little. Back to iWR A+B I guess...

Leixia is still great. Surprisingly her guard burst game seems unaffected, WR B did get nerfed, but it's only fair I guess, and she still frame traps like no tomorrow, and that's what's important.

I like the 33BB not breaking now... It gives her more ways to setup her money guard break stuffs like 44K and AA BE. Also makes you not have to hold back with it when people are flashing red because the first part breaking gives shit for a combo

Just started playing post patch Lexy and THIS^ I could not agree with more. As soon as I found it didn't break I thought this was actually good for her since now you can pressure with it a lot better instead of worrying about accidental breaks.

So far, from the looks of things the only major nerf is 22K, but it depends on the frames on hit. even with pushback if it's decent advantage you can do a couple setups afterwards, especially in the corner. I don't know the reason for FC 3B losing 4 pts of damage, but eh.

Back