Street Fighter 4!

so what are the EX version of some of the moves?
are they like JFs for SC?

To follow what iKotomi said, they aren't like JFs in terms of input. They're done by doing the normal move input (i.e. :2::3::6: + Punch for Fireball), but you hit two attack buttons instead of one (so to get EX Fireball, you would do :2::3::6: + LP + MP). So there's no special timing required, but they (obviously) use up an EX meter per use.

Ex generally means the same move with extra properties. Usually more damage, can cancel more attacks, more hits, etc. Classic example would be normal fireball vs. ex fireball which hits twice and knocks down (like the red fireball in prior games, but taking meter).

Here's an example of EX moves for Akuma:
Gou Hadouken (ground) EX: Extra hits, not that useful because he has the red fireball
Gou Hadouken (air) EX: Two air fireballs rather than one
Tatsu EX: Does a tatsu that stays in place, hits really fast and does about 25% life damage.
Demon flip EX: Tracks and comes out fast.
SRK EX: Extra damage, faster, fully invincible

Gou Hadouken (air) EX: Two air fireballs rather than one

Just wanted to expand on the EX air fireball. It fires 2, like Kosh said, but you can control the trajectory of each depending on what buttons you used to EX. For example: Using LP and HP will give you one with a steep angle and one with the widest angle. If spaced properly you can also link into his f+HK which leads to a 30% combo that uses no meter.

f+HK, cr. lp, LK tatsu, HP shoryuken

I have a question about the Focus Attack Cancel. When you do the "roman cancel", is it possible to simply cancel into a Focus Attack, or can you only cancel into a forward or back dash? Also, either my eyes aren't fast enough, but I've seen in a few vids when they cancel into a Focus Attack from a move, that it doesn't cost any of their Super gauge, usually if they cancel into a backdash. Does it only cost 2 Super Gauge bars if you Focus Cancel forward?

I have a question about the Focus Attack Cancel. When you do the "roman cancel", is it possible to simply cancel into a Focus Attack, or can you only cancel into a forward or back dash? Also, either my eyes aren't fast enough, but I've seen in a few vids when they cancel into a Focus Attack from a move, that it doesn't cost any of their Super gauge, usually if they cancel into a backdash. Does it only cost 2 Super Gauge bars if you Focus Cancel forward?

I believe this is the answer you're looking for:
http://shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Street_Fighter_IV#Focus_Canceling

Some moves can be cancelled by a FA. If you then cancel that FA into a dash, it costs 2 super bars. So your eyes aren't tricking you, that's a feature of the system.

Normal FA dash cancels cost nothing.

please forgive me, im deaf, mute and half retarded. but did i hear that sf4 got pushed back again as far as a release date goes?

I Cannot wait for this game sf is my fav. fighting game of all time. CHun li is my main. Have the best Chun li online...

Remember guys, if you main Abel and land a command throw, you HAVE to scream out UN-ABEL TO BLOCK.

This is not a suggestion, it's a requisite.

Double time to Xbox Live, bust out my Zangief!
Show bitches how its done, with an S.P.D!
But if it starts to lag...

IMMA RAGE QUIT YO ASS!

Remember guys, if you main Abel and land a command throw, you HAVE to scream out UN-ABEL TO BLOCK.

This is not a suggestion, it's a requisite.

i haven't played sf since the snes, and this shit made me lol all over the place.

Im just glad dan is going to be included in the home edition yeaaahhhh.. estodudare yahhoooooo . ohyaaaatteeeeee
estodudare estodudare yahhooooo. The best King of Fighter/streetfighter character ever invented.

Why does this game have an English dub? Not that I'm annoyed about it or anything but I dont think it's ever been done with an SF game before.

Wendy Lee must be doing something new with her voice: She did the voice of Naoto in P4 and I didn't know it was her till I researched it... Same thing with Rose.

I think it's just 3D games. Like KoF maximum impact(If I recall correctly both are coming with animes that were/are dubbed so that might be it.)

I don't know any specific reasons why, but meh

Doesn't really matter since you can select defaults anyways

If anything it's kinda cool. Especially with the feature to toggle the voice of each character individually.

I dunno I think it'd be fun to fuck around with that personally

If anything it's kinda cool. Especially with the feature to toggle the voice of each character individually.

I dunno I think it'd be fun to fuck around with that personally

By toggle do you mean alter? So I can give Ryu the feminine fairy voice he SO deserves?

I figured they would give you a JPN and ENG voice track option. It's also cool how you can actually pick and choose which character speaks JPN or ENG. I'll be putting Cammy's voice track on ENG fo sho. I like her ENG voice. Lulz @ the 3 "???" (Gouki, Gouken, and Seth) in that screencap.

Minor complaint: Holy crap do the menu screens look hideous.

Back