STRIDER (2014)

skytoast

Videomaster
Well I didn't see this game mentioned anywhere but much to my surprise this morning (2/18), saw this finally out on PSN. It's also be available on XBL (360/XB1) and PC (Steam) tomorrow [2/19]. We've seen him before in various Capcom X games but finally our high tech Ninja gets to return in his own modern take returning back to some side scrolling action flare. It appears to be a remake or retelling of the first game that includes elements for the arcade version and the classic NES version. (The latter if any of you are old enough would probably have lots of fond memories of).

RqK5ijs.jpg

Anyways - the game is digital download only and will set you back the cost of a meal or two at $14.99 USD/EURO 11.99 GBP

Last edited:
Well I didn't see this game mentioned anywhere but much to my surprise this morning (2/18), saw this finally out on PSN. It's also be available on XBL (360/XB1) and PC (Steam) tomorrow [2/19]. We've seen him before in various Capcom X games but finally our high tech Ninja gets to return his own modern take returning back to some side scrolling action flare. It appears to be a remake or retelling of the first game that includes elements for the arcade version and the classic NES version. (The latter if any of you are old enough would probably have lots of fond memories of).

RqK5ijs.jpg

Anyways - the game is digital download only and will set you back the cost of a meal or two at $14.99 USD/EURO 11.99 GBP

YEP!! I just bought it this morning!! =3 Game is really awesome if you love 2D platformer jump around action games, especially since Rayman Legends just came out for XB1 and PS4 like the other day, I bought that off the marketplace also!!

Feels way more like Metroid or Strider NES than the arcade version. Haven't had much time to play it though.

I got this for the weekend and it has been awesome. I am actually surprised they are selling a game this good for only $15. I haven't played Strider or Metroid before, but this certainly reminds me of Castlevania with the abilities, entrance locks and map layout. Be sure to try it out!

Finally finished the game for good. Some levels and bosses can be beaten by attacking recklessly in normal mode, but, except for the 'orb bosses', hard mode definitely requires you to pay attention to the patterns and have your counters ready. The robotic crab/spider, the dual flame canister humanoid robots, the (sometimes optional) obstacle courses in the Research area, the movement hampering winds and terrains of the last fight probably gave me the most trouble.

Besides the difficulty in changing plasma while moving due to the way the controls are mapped, I am pretty happy with the game.

Back