Suggestions against people who lie there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicada

[08] Mercenary
I need suggestions against people who lie there.

Does yoshi have any attacks that will 'hurt' people for just staying on the ground. A lot of his game comes from his stances and the mixups but majority of those attacks do not hit grounded targets and end up whiffing. This forces me to not uses stances and just attack a grounded opponent with attacks such as 2b(can be rolled out of the way too) or 2k. These attacks do hardly any damage and people will get up after getting hit. What this ultimately does is make it that much tougher to use his stances mix up during the opponents wake up. Yoshi himself has very few lows while not in stance. It's seems like its almost beneficial for the opponent to lie there and take a few hits and stand back up again against yoshi.

Off the top of my head, these moves hit grounded in one way or another:

1B
66B (good for going into stance mixups, can be teched)
DRG K (doesn't hit at certain angles though)
MED B
3B
11A
9B+K
2K/FC 2K
2B/FC 2B
FLE A (IIRC, or was it MED A?)
66A+B (IIRC)

And of course other stance moves like SDGF B+K_2B+K_K hit grounded as well, but are situational.

I need suggestions against people who lie there.

Does yoshi have any attacks that will 'hurt' people for just staying on the ground. A lot of his game comes from his stances and the mixups but majority of those attacks do not hit grounded targets and end up whiffing. This forces me to not uses stances and just attack a grounded opponent with attacks such as 2b(can be rolled out of the way too) or 2k. These attacks do hardly any damage and people will get up after getting hit. What this ultimately does is make it that much tougher to use his stances mix up during the opponents wake up. Yoshi himself has very few lows while not in stance. It's seems like its almost beneficial for the opponent to lie there and take a few hits and stand back up again against yoshi.

Well believe it or not it is benificial most people that stand up if they stand straight up they are going right back into another mix-up with a good yoshi.... so it actually is a good strat to sometimes lie there and roll around a little... 2K works good if they are going to lay there hit 2K then if they lay there again or tech roll you can 1kkk after the 2k and after those hit them they usually will start standing up... 9B+K,K works good I use it on X's that like to lay there and cry baby 9B+K,K 2k is usualy a 3 hit combo and if your BT at the end it will usually trip them up and they can lay there and take it again if they want....

But i know how you feel i hate it when people lay there.. but these two strats work well also if you think they will lay there and your about medium distance do 9A+B2 it usually will hit them .... hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back