SUPER Street Fighter IV! Official Discussion

There has been a general outcry (Well, from hardcore SF vets and such) for more block/hit-stun, plus a decrease of the reversal window (iirc it's 10 effing frames). A lot of people say this game plays like ST, but given how easy it is to stop offensive momentum in general, they really aren't imho. Something I personally want is less block-stun on the DPs in general, so that FADCs from them don't put you at advantage on block.

Edit: Here's the interview where Ono says there won't be an arcade release, for those who haven't seen it:

Well that sucks. I'll probably end up getting this anyway, though. I know the people around here are going to play it anyway.

Unfortunately I think the existence of El Fuerte prevents R Mika from coming back :( too similar

cha cha

My character wish list:

Oro - He was my main in 3s
Makoto - My sub in 3s
karin - Sakura needs her Ken
Dudely - so he can put Balrog in his place
Sonic the hedgehog - your too slow!

Very interesting interview, dunno what to think of Ono wanting to make a new Darkstalkers, that game in 3D would be gorey as hell.

Well thank god he wised up and realized nobody wanted to fucking unlock characters because it's nothing but a chore. The process made it tedious and did nothing for the replay value of the game other than annoy you. That was one of the things I, and a ton of other people, hated in SFIV.

So this new video Shows Juri with a dive kick. And showing such dive kick connects to her Ultra. Several players (SRK) have indicated that this is broken because it connects from a normal hit. Last I recall, Ultras connect off of juggles, which is what this dive kick is doing. Also, there's seems to be three versions of the dive kick. My question is, what propels them to think the dive kick is a not a command move if:

1. It has three variations. The weakest is simply the dive kick. Medium is a tiny combo. Heavy seems to be a full combo.
2. Has at least two trajectories.
3. Juggles, much like Sagat's F+HK. IIRC, Sagat can Ultra from F+HK.

If the dive kick isn't an overhead, who cares?

Seriously, Balrog has super armor overhead that leads to ultra, why are they suddenly bitching now?

EDIT: Hold up, did this fool say he'd be up for making a new Darkstalkers in that interview? Time to start spamming some emails. Fuck SSFIV. Give me HD Darkstalkers. Lei-Lei in HD? <3 <3

Back