Taki Study Discussion:

Absolutely nothing? That's even worse than i thought...
And your version is not shakeable at all... nice.
I only find it hard to hit with the 3bK after CH WS K consistently. Hello practice mode...

What about the 1BA PORC vs 3bK PORC which is faster?

Actually i gave my sc4 to a friend for a week because i was playing too much lol. But today i'm goinna take it back hehe.

I think you're missing the point in that the PO K from the stun combo leads into a mix-up for potentially MORE damage -- half their full health in most cases. Just wanted to make that clear, and that the mind game is pretty amazing if you know how to follow up. If you want guarenteed damage, you can just do PO B instead.

Technically 1BA and 3bK are both the same speed at i15. If you're having trouble doing 3bK after CH WS K, I would suggest not doing it too early. You have more time than you think. Of course you don't want to do it too late because then it'll miss completely. You have roughly untill the moment their knees hit the ground.

Hope that helps.

Hmm, 1BA PO gives better frames, so technically 1BA would be the faster PORC.

During a stun combo however, don't think it makes a difference

1BA is actually i15. where as 3bK is i16 incidentally from what I remember
furthermore, 1BA has a lower reach in it's hit box and so it can catch enemies who have fallen farther down during a stun combo
This means that you can do 3bK PORC 1BA PO after CH WS K and still get the last PO attack to hit, where as if you try 1BA PORC 3bK PO, the 3bK won't connect. You can't do 1BA PORC 1BA as the stun combo because... well you can, but the second 1BA won't stun them into the PO attack.

1BA is better frames, but not as smooth of a PO transition... take that however you like

so... can someone direct me to what exactly porc is? i'm getting mixed definitions after reading several threads here.

meat of the pig?

PORC = POssession Rush Cancel
It means that you use possession rush (ie. PO 66 in SC4) and then canceling it with 1_4_7 (ie. 1, 4, or 7 directions) and G so that you can guard before the rush animation completes. This allows for a shorter rush and earlier return to neutral.

Incidentally, this also allows you to cancel in moves that use the 1_4_7 directions in them (ie. 1BA) If you practice it, you can do Possession rush and cancel it very early into moves like 1BA quickly. This allows for some long and unique stun combos as you enter into possession, use the rush cancel to do another move (1BA) to go back into PO.

This means that you can do 3bK PORC 1BA PO after CH WS K and still get the last PO attack to hit, where as if you try 1BA PORC 3bK PO, the 3bK won't connect. You can't do 1BA PORC 1BA as the stun combo because... well you can, but the second 1BA won't stun them into the PO attack.

1BA is better frames, but not as smooth of a PO transition... take that however you like

Indeed 3bK is definitely better for PORC during a stun combo than 1BA. It's thanks to the buffer system with canceling Possession Rush that 3bK PORC into 1BA can be done so smoothly and it's the reason why 1BA PORC 3bK just doesn't work in a stun combo. Having to cancel the Possession Rush by pressing 1_4_7 and then having to press 3 just doesn't work as well.

Although in a NON stun combo situation, 1BA is the better PO transition. You'll have more frames on hit or block for PORC or any other PO based move. But it doesn't make 3bK PO shift in the neutral situation useless - the fact that it hits mid mid and the pushback on block has some advantages.

About the 3bK PO vs 1BA PO is that i woud prefer 3bK po enters PO a bit more smothly but for meny it can be a pain to use to outside combos like a "normal" attack becouse it is quet akward buttoms and pads to press. But however most of the time when someone does 1BA PO it is followed by a PO K (atleast around 80%) or sometimes by A ( don't know frames on it but A is a big faster) and almost never followed by B. If you do 1BA PO K they can just duck alredy at the A and then punish the pretty much with anything. With the 3bK PO you won't be as open to attacks as the 1BA PO. I do know that some might think "just do 1BA PO B insteed of 1BA PO K but atleast for me my PO game on 1BA is alredy decided before i do the attack unless i'm really really focusing or ofcourse if notice that they tent to duck vs my 1BA i can mix some PO B insteed of PO K. I can't really say that one is better then the other it all depends on who you face ( player not character) i gues i preffer 1BA PO to keep a high pressure and 3bK PO to slip in howers or exorsisms. Sorry if this dosen't make any sense i've had a few drinks and i'm very tierd goodnight

most of the time when someone does 1BA PO it is followed by a PO K (atleast around 80%) or sometimes by A
( don't know frames on it but A is a big faster) and almost never followed by B. If you do 1BA PO K they can just duck alredy at the A and then punish [snip]
I believe that's the problem of many fellow Taki players right there. They just tend to be predictable with PO , and that's why a lot of people in the forums believe that Taki is not an effective/strong character ... that PO sucks in this game etc.

Taki can do A LOT more things in PO than simply A , B , K .
A+B . Hover . Fake Hover. Rush cancel mixups , po sidestep mixups ... just to name a few. You can also just fucking BLOCK by rush/8wr cancelling if the opponent has the habit of attacking Taki when she's in PO.
Hint : Train your opponent to BLOCK after a PO transition. That's when Taki's real mixup game comes out.

Also , whazzup Halister ! Love your work in the study , you can't even begin to imagine how much it has helped me (and a lot other fellow Taki players). I've read it so many times I got sick of it , lol.

Sorry to hear your desire to play SC4 nowerdays is pretty low .

Btw we could add this bomb combo to your study (link)

Some other things we should add to the study : WR K depending on range can give + frames on block. So it's very useful to toss it now and then , when people don't expect you to attack from afar.

Yeah, I agree with Sandrock on that. We have to make an effort to not be predictable. Sure, PO K is great on block, and PO A is hella fast, but people do tend to expect them if you transition into PO. We only have a few really good PO transition moves, and any mildly experienced player will know what AB looks like after a few matches.

Problem with that is we can't really block after a rush cancel. After an 8wr cancel, sure, because at least we get evasion. There really is very little to fear after a blocked PO transition string into POR. The good thing is, Taki gets an answer to pretty much everything from PO. You just have to play your cards right. We just don't have the great panic guard button from the yesteryears anymore (tEXC, etc). If the opponent guesses right, you're snuffed, if not, great... continue your offense.

BTW, I suggest using 1BA sparingly. As mentioned before, the second hit is duckable and no other move looks like it. I know for a fact that I duck the A on reaction. I play Taki, so I get really crappy WS punishers, but imagine giving that kind of opening to Cervy, Kilik, and others with really good NH WS punishers?

i dont post here much but i can guarantee you that i am taki's number one fan. my play style is different than a lot of peoples and it seems to work pretty well even against quality players.
i find that taki is very useful if you play her like a circus act. lots of flying/moving around, unpredictable close ups and various shenanigans (interuption, stuns,fake outs, etc.). Taki is not meant to be a safety susan imo.

That being said, no i am not the best player, i have a lot of bad habits to work out. I just want to get across that we are given highly maluable tools with no instruction manual. Taki has a LOT of tools. use them all!

I hope this is the best place to post this.
6a has a nice quick tech crouch.

Its nice for avoiding throws in some situations. play around with it, you'll see what I mean.

Hello guys. I don't play Taki myself but I play against her a lot lately...

Anyway, I didn't know where to ask about this: there is something that's been pissing me off. It happened today twice, and I lost a match because of it. Anyway, it's when you break one of her throws late, you escape it but it still does damage O_o (approx 5-10) what the hell is that? Glitch?

Hello guys. I don't play Taki myself but I play against her a lot lately...

Anyway, I didn't know where to ask about this: there is something that's been pissing me off. It happened today twice, and I lost a match because of it. Anyway, it's when you break one of her throws late, you escape it but it still does damage O_o (approx 5-10) what the hell is that? Glitch?

Prolly you escaping her 66B+G. The knee still gets you. Iirc it's always been like that.

ok so 66K is officially Taki's best move against Hilde. in fact, playing super unsafe and like a maniac in general seems to work against her, at least more than any other character. but with 66K on hit, normally not the best situation for Taki, you can stop quite a bit of her typical followups with... yes... another 66K! haha it's so stupid, i love it. also, K2 is golden against her too when you're in range. and 6B.

Hi! I've been playing with taki for a while now and was looking online at some good combos I could use. I looked at some videos posted in that thread, then went to the combo thread. I know most of the SC terminology, but there's something I just dont' get... What does CH mean??? I see it all the time.

Back