Taki Study Discussion:

Taki Study discussion:

A6 WR B is great for damage and when they whiff up close.

Ninja cannon is my favorite, although with the long start-up time, you really have to anticipate.

1BA PO soley to maintain frame advantage and pressure, as well as bait uninterruptable PO moves and mixing it up with PORC.

66B:A and 66A are great long range punishes.

As for Ivy, I only suggest to step a lot considering she has a lot of linear moves (especially her long range stuff), and know what moves she has out of what stance. Her whip stance is her worst, while her sword stance is pretty top tier in my opinion.

66b:a for long range punishment!? DAMN I am not a fan of that move. I would just recommend 22_88a. Yeah, it may be unsafe on block, but punishing that move is easier said than done, Plus it's TC properties are godly in my opinion. Sometimes I just use it as evasion. And if it hits then the then you either get CH stun BT a+b, a6, WR b. And if it just hits normally and or blocked you usually have enough time to defend coherently. But then again, I play taki VERY flashy unsafe and I don't give a shit lol. My reaction time balances it out so it's all good.

Taki Study discussion:

you have to input the 66 for POR early after 3bK 214 PO. You pretty much have to 3bK21466 and then learn the timing for the 1BA because it has to be done at the earliest possible moment.

So it is early then? i always thought there was animation lag that held taki back frm running foward. thanks ill keep practacing

Taki Study discussion:

So it is early then? i always thought there was animation lag that held taki back frm running foward. thanks ill keep practacing

Yeah, it's the earliest possible moment. Do what Halister said, and basically, if you POR and then you do PO B, you did it too early. There is indeed a slight delay when you have to let her rush forward a bit but don't worry, they're in crumple stun for quite a bit.

Taki Study discussion:

speaking of 66B:A, i've noticed that it sometimes beats generic B's when it shouldn't. has anyone else experienced this, or am i dreaming? there is a built in side step to her left which is easily observable if you do the move in succession, but it is slight. she might twitch just enough to evade verticals that have zero tracking in that direction. it sometimes happens against Taki's WS K.

Dorya: although i love the move, i don't know how you can use 22A as punishment since it's so slow and the range isn't that great to get any free damage, which is the definition of punishment. if you're standing or stepping and they whiff, might as well try 4A+B-- it's about the same speed as 22A. on reaction, if you're moving you're far more likely to land 66B, 33B, 33A, 66A, and lowly 66K. or so it seems to me.
if you're looking to get a CH 22A after they whiff then that's something other than punishment.

Taki Study discussion:

speaking of 66B:A, i've noticed that it sometimes beats generic B's when it shouldn't. has anyone else experienced this, or am i dreaming? there is a built in side step to her left which is easily observable if you do the move in succession, but it is slight. she might twitch just enough to evade verticals that have zero tracking in that direction. it sometimes happens against Taki's WS K.

Dorya: although i love the move, i don't know how you can use 22A as punishment since it's so slow and the range isn't that great to get any free damage, which is the definition of punishment. if you're standing or stepping and they whiff, might as well try 4A+B-- it's about the same speed as 22A. on reaction, if you're moving you're far more likely to land 66B, 33B, 33A, 66A, and lowly 66K. or so it seems to me.
if you're looking to get a CH 22A after they whiff then that's something other than punishment.

Oh dude, good points. But that's the reason I said I am not a fan of 66b:a. I'm just crazy lol! It may sound risky throwing 22_88a for punishment, but I developed a knack for timing it with my opponents attacks. For Ex, Taki's Po: 236, I wait until a couple of frames and whack em with 22_88a. Depending on the side, you'll either hit them out of the air, or successfully evade it (Or you can just STK B+G it but 22_88a looks unorthodox. I like it's awkwardness lol) Thats the only reason I get away with it lol. As I stated before I even use it to dodge attacks LOL. I know, you must be thinking I am out of my mind. But there is a method to my madness believe it or not. I don't whore the move by any means, I just react with it. Some people are just different. BUT, don't get me wrong when it's time for me to get safe, I get safe just like anybody else with half a brain. :)

Taki Study discussion:

Oh dude, good points. But that's the reason I said I am not a fan of 66b:a. I'm just crazy lol! It may sound risky throwing 22_88a for punishment, but I developed a knack for timing it with my opponents attacks. For Ex, Taki's Po: 236, I wait until a couple of frames and whack em with 22_88a. Depending on the side, you'll either hit them out of the air, or successfully evade it (Or you can just STK B+G it but 22_88a looks unorthodox. I like it's awkwardness lol) Thats the only reason I get away with it lol. As I stated before I even use it to dodge attacks LOL. I know, you must be thinking I am out of my mind. But there is a method to my madness believe it or not. I don't whore the move by any means, I just react with it. Some people are just different. BUT, don't get me wrong when it's time for me to get safe, I get safe just like anybody else with half a brain. :)

yeah i try to use the move in place of sidestepping after blocked safe strings. and yeah, i think it should be used to dodge attacks, verticals at least. nothing crazy about that! the move is best on CH, so you gotta find ways to get the CH, and it's not gonna be from them standing there and blocking, obviously.
and the move is perfectly safe on block... there is no one who can punish a -11 move that leaves you crouching, AFAIK. well maybe a quick low grab, but that's still a 50/50.

Taki Study discussion:

haven't seen this mentioned on the forums yet: a well-timed 4A+B,A will ring out an opponent whose heels are at the ring edge. this means all bomb variations can ring out forwards. they can't AC after the mekki hit.

Damn! That's nasty. Gotta try that out. I'm telling you man, Taki is better than just mid tier. She's at least high mid with all of her options damn it! XD In fact, I believe the only reason she isn't Top is her lack of range and maybe her damage.

Taki Study discussion:

Damn! That's nasty. Gotta try that out. I'm telling you man, Taki is better than just mid tier. She's at least high mid with all of her options damn it! XD In fact, I believe the only reason she isn't Top is her lack of range and maybe her damage.

LOL it's wrong. sorry for the confusion, and the bad science. it will RO, but the can AC out. editing it from my main post.

Taki Study discussion:

LOL it's wrong. sorry for the confusion, and the bad science. it will RO, but the can AC out. editing it from my main post.

Nah it's all good bro. Hey about your tech, I was f-ing around with it and it seems that if the mekki hit launches high enough, you can STK B+G them afterward. I only managed to hit it once but damn it was cool nonetheless! Anyway, gonna roll out and get some lunch. Take care man. :)

Edit: AC does come into play, but STK B+G can track somewhat. Lol I waited a week to edit this.

Taki Study discussion:

So I need some poking tips. I've started to realize that I've become very repetitive. It's always AB PO or 1BA PO for me. And then the occasional 3K mixups.

Do you guys use the BAK ABK BK/K strings?

Taki Study discussion:

So I need some poking tips. I've started to realize that I've become very repetitive. It's always AB PO or 1BA PO for me. And then the occasional 3K mixups.

Do you guys use the BAK ABK BK/K strings?
ABK BAK BK can all be held down for extended time by holding K and ABK gives plus frames regardless of hold. So why not? (You get AA and other various moves free off ABK if they don't block after K or try and interrupt after the string)Also, use 3BK PO. It's one of her most potent PO shifts. Good pushback but not ridiculous to the point where they're out of reach. It's virtually flawless as far as the shift transition. 1BA and 3BK are her most efficient shifts IMO with AB PO right after. But that's my preference.

Edit: ABK cannot be held, and does not give plus frames. Credit to Halister for the correction.

Taki Study discussion:

ABK can't be held and doesn't give frame advantage on block

use BK and BAK holds with caution because good players will crouch the kick and punish you each time

Taki Study discussion:

ABK can't be held and doesn't give frame advantage on block

use BK and BAK holds with caution because good players will crouch the kick and punish you each time

I was almost certain it did. But my mistake. I hardly use her ABK, BAK, and BK series so I figured they could all be held lol. Sorry about that Halister. Although I don't necessarily agree with ABK being ducked 100%. Were dealing with human beings here. And especially if you use it sparingly, I don't see how they could get too used to you throwing that move if your application of it was minimal. I'm sure you can agree. You are somewhat ignoring the human element. We are flawed by nature so were bound to make mistakes, as did I just now with ABK. I hope you don't think less of me as a player because of an honest misunderstanding.

Taki Study discussion:

I know I never come in here and shit but...
I love ABK.
It has yet to get ducked.
Dont know why, but yeah.
Its either blocked in which i go for a 44B.
Or when it hits 6B.
Its awesome.
Wat i never liked was, BAK. So garbage.
Everyones better off with B[K] - Not BK. This move is ass as well.
Adios.

Taki Study discussion:

I didn't say anything about ABK being ducked, that rarely happens (and only really in SC2 when I delayed it all the time).... only the BA[K] and B[K] being ducked.

I loved using ABK more in SC2 where you could delay the last K but it's still good.

Taki Study discussion:

Fo sho. Now that that is settled, allow me to interject. Halister, bro, you gotta stop nitpicking the way you do. I know I made a mistake, but dude. You tend to put people on the spot for it. To be honest myself, (as well as a very cool cat who I met recently) would post on the Taki threads more. But Jesus, everyone here is so on your bandwagon, and for what lol. That's never a good thing. You sap everyone's creativity away when you impose a certain archetype. Myself as well as a few others don't really appreciate it, you somewhat impose what you believe to be useful rather than discuss and brainstorm what is or isn't. I don't mean to be harsh but that's the vibe I get from you. Other than that, much respect to you and your theory's.

Taki Study discussion:

Wish there were some Taki vs Sophie vids. I have so much trouble against her. Scrubs or not, 1AA owns me. I don't react fast enough to block it. And then when I'm trying to predict when 1AA is going to come out, I get owned by her various mid/high attacks.

Any tips?

Taki Study discussion:

Wish there were some Taki vs Sophie vids. I have so much trouble against her. Scrubs or not, 1AA owns me. I don't react fast enough to block it. And then when I'm trying to predict when 1AA is going to come out, I get owned by her various mid/high attacks.

Any tips?

Over time you'll see that Taki actually handles Sophie/Cass quite well. Remember, you have the fastest A in the game to work with at i10. So play it safe to a degree. Don't get too PO happy by doing punishable PO shifts. You're fine bro. All I'd suggest is that you familiarize yourself with her moveset and build up your reaction time. Also if your speaking of online Sophie then you shouldn't even be worried to say the least. Offline it's VERY easy to react to her lows. Don't get me wrong, she's damn good at what she does, but as far as lows? Well....She ain't no Yoshimitsu LOL!

You're doing everything right as far as I know, it's just online latency that's getting you down dude. ;)

Taki Study discussion:

Fo sho. Now that that is settled, allow me to interject. Halister, bro, you gotta stop nitpicking the way you do. I know I made a mistake, but dude. You tend to put people on the spot for it. To be honest myself, (as well as a very cool cat who I met recently) would post on the Taki threads more. But Jesus, everyone here is so on your bandwagon, and for what lol. That's never a good thing. You sap everyone's creativity away when you impose a certain archetype. Myself as well as a few others don't really appreciate it, you somewhat impose what you believe to be useful rather than discuss and brainstorm what is or isn't. I don't mean to be harsh but that's the vibe I get from you. Other than that, much respect to you and your theory's.

Uhh ok...

Personally I really don't care what you post, but make sure it's accurate. The one thing that I don't like is misinformation. People will read it and try something that doesn't even exist... hence the whole "holding the K in ABK" thing. As well as the frame advantage thing.

I've been around a LONG time and I've seen it take a long time for misinformation to be corrected when someone say something like ABK on block is advantage. It takes many posts to correct that type of mistake because people will believe it and then you have to go on to prove it is not advantage with actual numbers, etc etc.

You can post whatever strat you want but I will tell you what I've experienced and with BK and BAK holds, they will learn to crouch under the held if you keep doing it. Does it mean that I don't use them? no, I use B[K], but BA[K] I generally don't. Use if you want but don't be surprise if people crouch it. The same thing happened when the game first came out and people spammed 1BA PO because it was good frames on block. Then people started complaining that people were beating out the PO moves but failed to say that they used the move so much that their opponents were ducking the A on reaction and punishing them each time.

Yeah, crush your creativity.... that's what I'm doing.... I more inclined to keep you from trying to abuse something that can't be in the first place and I'm more interested in keeping the information correct on the boards.

Another example is 22A - it's -11 on block but is is NOT punishable because it ends in crouch and you can stand in time to block any high, including Taki's i10 A.

Think what you want, do what you want, but make sure what you post is correct and I won't say anything about it. Posting incorrect information just hurts the community.

Taki Study discussion:

Uhh ok...

Personally I really don't care what you post, but make sure it's accurate. The one thing that I don't like is misinformation. People will read it and try something that doesn't even exist... hence the whole "holding the K in ABK" thing. As well as the frame advantage thing.

I've been around a LONG time and I've seen it take a long time for misinformation to be corrected when someone say something like ABK on block is advantage. It takes many posts to correct that type of mistake because people will believe it and then you have to go on to prove it is not advantage with actual numbers, etc etc.

You can post whatever strat you want but I will tell you what I've experienced and with BK and BAK holds, they will learn to crouch under the held if you keep doing it. Does it mean that I don't use them? no, I use B[K], but BA[K] I generally don't. Use if you want but don't be surprise if people crouch it. The same thing happened when the game first came out and people spammed 1BA PO because it was good frames on block. Then people started complaining that people were beating out the PO moves but failed to say that they used the move so much that their opponents were ducking the A on reaction and punishing them each time.

Yeah, crush your creativity.... that's what I'm doing.... I more inclined to keep you from trying to abuse something that can't be in the first place and I'm more interested in keeping the information correct on the boards.

Another example is 22A - it's -11 on block but is is NOT punishable because it ends in crouch and you can stand in time to block any high, including Taki's i10 A.

Think what you want, do what you want, but make sure what you post is correct and I won't say anything about it. Posting incorrect information just hurts the community.

Ok here let me repost this since you obviously had a hard time reading this in particular
I was almost certain it did. But my mistake. I hardly use her ABK, BAK, and BK series so I figured they could all be held

Like I said it's the human element, mistakes happen. This is what I'm talking about. I even stated myself that I'm not a fan of her ABK BAK BK/K series. You can't see why I made that mistake?
I more inclined to keep you from trying to abuse something that can't be in the first place and I'm more interested in keeping the information correct on the boards.
Have you played me? How would you ever know I abused a specific move if we've never come face to face? And again, the simple fact that you wish to keep someone from doing anything is why I even brought this up in the first place. Yeah I will continue to do what I want, meanwhile you can continue to theory fight all you want. While players like Dreamkiller are doing what you ask? Out winning/placing high in tournaments against REAL PEOPLE based soley on what THEY practice and what they feel is best for THEM. Not what they are told is right. In real situations you can't count soley on your study or frames, just you and your skill as a player. I would love to meet you face to face one day, It would most certainly be interesting to say the absolute least.

Yo, why do you think this arena is so vacant most of the time as far as visitors/players? It certainly isn't Dreamkiller or myself, nor is it that people aren't interested in Taki. Dreamkiller, myself, and a few others hardly post here for various reasons. I'll leave it to you to find the answer but here's a hint: People hate dictators. I wish you nothing but the best in whatever it is you do yo. Theory it up son. ;)

-MadDorya

Back