Taki's Top Moves

Taki Top 10?

i think the use of these moves depends heavily on what character youre facing. for instance, a cervantes that can tell when your in hover can just shoot your floating ass twice and then air combo with his flying spinning thing.

Taki Top 10?

I just realized, after 6A+B, A6 sends the opponent flying super far. Good for ring outs if you don't want to WR BKB.

I throw in 6A+B sometimes with Hover B, FC A+K, WS K, 1BA PO K. The 6A+B right after PO K. Usually they are out of stun by the time 6A+B lands so whether you follow with WR BKB or A6(ring out purposes), it will do full damage.

EDIT: Actually any of the bombs sends the mflying far with A6. lol

Taki Top 10?

ya'll. character specific top tens would be nice.

i dont know what to do about hilde. i saw a video of halister facing her and about peed my pants. her close up game is nuts.

Taki Top 10?

6A+B is an excellent move to keep them honest. If they're in the habit of standing up after a, say PO 236 A double hit, they'll most likely eat the unblockable and the following WR BKB for 70 damage or whatever your favorite finisher would be. The key is to not rely on it for your cannon setups.

4A has its applications as well. It's one of the few lows you can easily do after a PORC and it actually gives you some options for a followup. Like most the lows you can do easily from PORC, it's unsafe on block and the auto transition to PO really doesn't help you much then. However, if it hits, HO and Mist will avoid Taki's 2A and Soph's 236:B and sidestepping to your opponent's offhand will likely avoid the generic 3B type moves. Also, PO 8_7K will snuff out the generic 2A and PO A+B or POR will duck under the generic AA. If you like putting yourself in that situation, where you want that bit of damage from a connected low after PORC or POSS, then by all means, try it. It allows for limited mindgames on Taki's side.

Hilde is a beast if used correctly, but even she is not safe from the number one rule you should live by if you play Taki. Your moves are faster and she has no move faster than your staple A. Sure, she outranges you by a mile, so that is a good indication for you to play it smart and not give her any opportunities to use her superior reach to punish you. Stay away from whiffing random moves out of Taki's reach and once you're in there, remember to attack. Use her weakness to your advantage. If the Hilde you're facing is charge happy, throws could be your friend. Hilde players know these and the most common measure I notice them use is 7K. This snuffs out throws and lows and gives some space between them and their opponent. Answer with your own space closer of choice.

Taki Top 10?

Put it this way. This is for all the newcomers to Taki. Take all of whats been said here into consideration. Practice. And the day you notice you don't have to think when you play taki, is when you've got it. Otherwise, this is turning into more of a general Taki discussion/study and should be moved over and or closed. Not trying to be a douche, it would just make more sense to discuss her tools in general study. Seriously, we've all had some pretty good posts so it would only make sense.

And one more thing. We need to do some stand alone stalker drop study. I believe that if you condition yourself properly, you can punish jumping moves with some nasty damage. I.E. Sophie/Cass's 9b+k unblockable, Yoshi's SDRG, Mitsu's 8_9b+k, Cervy's 4b+k, and even Taki's Po:236 (There's more, but can't remember them all) I've managed to do this effectively on actual opponents. Seriously, we should definitely look into this. With Taki, any damage is welcome and a stalker drop for free off punishment? that's 50-55 easy. Maybe 60 on CH. :D

Taki's Top moves

Not sure about frames and such, but I was messing around yesterday getting used to Taki again, and I was having some success using 66B for evading when the enemy uses short range attacks. But it only really works when you catch them spamming their fast pokes and stuff like that.

I was also trying to work 2_8WR into my game, but just kept getting hit out of it, even when I thought I had an advantage, I quite like 2_8WR A when it works, I think I'm just getting it wrong.

Taki's Top moves

i find WR to the side works best after 3KK, or from a distance for shenanigans. maybe for wakeup pressure if they like to roll on the ground.

66B:A is a tech crouch move so it will go under high attacks. or was it evading some mids?

Taki's Top moves

66b has a little bit of stepping in it.

A6 into WRS works well too when the A6 is blocked

Taki's Top moves

Yeah, A6 is a great move. I have a bad habit of going through cycles with moves like that. Because it's so simple, there's times when I find myself over-using it, then when I catch myself, I don't use it enough because I'm afraid its become predictable.

Taki's Top moves

My main moves w/ Taki
Basic Moves(AA, BB, 2A, 2K, Throws...)
Bombs
3bK214
a+bA
214214 & 214236
PO B
4A
66B:A
1A
22_88K

Prob. way off cuz I haven't used her for a while.

Taki's Top moves

Whats up my fellow Taki users, this is my first post here at 8way run. Anyway, I was reading through, and alot of people feel the 7 or 9KKK is a bad move. It is, but 7 or 9KK is fantastic. Ending it at the low kick really makes it useful, and sets you up nice for WR K, BB, or AAA, as one of these moves will usually hit if your kicks are blocked. Thats one of the key things I've been trying to do with her recently is stop alot of her combos one move short, this can really catch your opponent offguard and break down his defenses, and mainly works on better players who know her moves or are used to her combos. Its useful with WR AA and 7_9 KK. Also, 4A can be a great move. Its great to set up the PO UB everyonce in a while and makes PO 236 B a very viable combo starter. BAA is good to lead into 4A, followed by PO A+B. As for bombs, I find them most useful when an opponent is getting up (double bomb), and at the end of AB A+B. 6A+B is very unsafe against a majority of players. If your going to use UBs without a setup, I'd say 41236B is much safer as you can use it from about 15 ft away.

Taki's Top moves

Just for clarification, I believe you mean WS AAA, etc.

WS = while standing

WR = windroll

Taki's Top moves

...I was reading through, and alot of people feel the 7 or 9KKK is a bad move. ... ... Thats one of the key things I've been trying to do with her recently is stop alot of her combos one move short, this can really catch your opponent offguard and break down his defenses, and mainly works on better players who know her moves or are used to her combos.

That's the point thought, most of her 'moves' are not 'combos', the last hits are usually blockable or avoidable.
As for the 7_9KKK, its pretty slow, I think it's i21, so people can hit you out of it pretty easily.

Taki's Top moves

The last hit is a high, so they can punish either way after blocking the low whether you do the last kick or not.

Taki's Top moves

some of these are combos, not just moves but hope they help :)

1. Y+K YKY, Y+K K, A+K L+G. Basically, you do your wind roll and a high damage attack that flips you over them and leaves your back to them. Right when you hit the ground, since you're facing away from them, you roll backwards and do the kick that pushes them high up into the air. Then you do stalker and grab them in the air. You can follow this attack up immediately with number 3. if you want.
2. 6A: Pos, Y+K. This will stun them on counter hit and let you go into possession backwards so you can do your grab.
3. 4A+Y A+Y, A+K Y+G/A+G. Does two magic low attacks (they can be blocked) onto your opponent. They get launched and you catch them in the air with stalker.
4. 6A+Y, A+K Y+G/A+G. Does an unblockable magic attack on them and then you catch them in the air with stalker
5. 4A+Y A+Y, 2A+Y. Same as 3 except that you don't catch them. Instead, you do a backflip onto them while they are coming down that bumps them into the air a bit. The only problem is that it leaves you on the ground too.
6. 6A+Y, 2A+Y. Same as 5 except the first attack is an unblockable.
7. Y+K A+G/Y+G. Opponents expect you to do an attack after wind roll. So they won't expect a grab.
8. 3Yk. So slide the Yk and she does a great sword and then kick attack
9.8KKK. Confuses enemies and is good for ring outs.
10. A6. Great for getting away enemies that are getting you stuck and pushes them away from you. Really good attack if you need a break.

Taki's Top moves

1. Y+k yky, y+k k, a+k l+g. Basically, you do your wind roll and a high damage attack that flips you over them and leaves your back to them. Right when you hit the ground, since you're facing away from them, you roll backwards and do the kick that pushes them high up into the air. Then you do stalker and grab them in the air. You can follow this attack up immediately with number 3. If you want.
2. 6a: Pos, y+k. This will stun them on counter hit and let you go into possession backwards so you can do your grab.
3. 4a+y a+y, a+k y+g/a+g. Does two magic low attacks (they can be blocked) onto your opponent. They get launched and you catch them in the air with stalker.
4. 6a+y, a+k y+g/a+g. Does an unblockable magic attack on them and then you catch them in the air with stalker
5. 4a+y a+y, 2a+y. Same as 3 except that you don't catch them. Instead, you do a backflip onto them while they are coming down that bumps them into the air a bit. The only problem is that it leaves you on the ground too.
6. 6a+y, 2a+y. Same as 5 except the first attack is an unblockable.
7. Y+k a+g/y+g. Opponents expect you to do an attack after wind roll. So they won't expect a grab.
8. 3yk. So slide the yk and she does a great sword and then kick attack
9.8kkk. Confuses enemies and is good for ring outs.
10. A6. Great for getting away enemies that are getting you stuck and pushes them away from you. Really good attack if you need a break.

in before halister flips a shit

Taki's Top moves

1. Y+K YKY, Y+K K, A+K L+G. Basically, you do your wind roll and a high damage attack that flips you over them and leaves your back to them. Right when you hit the ground, since you're facing away from them, you roll backwards and do the kick that pushes them high up into the air. Then you do stalker and grab them in the air. You can follow this attack up immediately with number 3. if you want.
2. 6A: Pos, Y+K. This will stun them on counter hit and let you go into possession backwards so you can do your grab.
3. 4A+Y A+Y, A+K Y+G/A+G. Does two magic low attacks (they can be blocked) onto your opponent. They get launched and you catch them in the air with stalker.
4. 6A+Y, A+K Y+G/A+G. Does an unblockable magic attack on them and then you catch them in the air with stalker
5. 4A+Y A+Y, 2A+Y. Same as 3 except that you don't catch them. Instead, you do a backflip onto them while they are coming down that bumps them into the air a bit. The only problem is that it leaves you on the ground too.
6. 6A+Y, 2A+Y. Same as 5 except the first attack is an unblockable.
7. Y+K A+G/Y+G. Opponents expect you to do an attack after wind roll. So they won't expect a grab.
8. 3Yk. So slide the Yk and she does a great sword and then kick attack
9.8KKK. Confuses enemies and is good for ring outs.

STIFF!
You need to learn the Notations!

lol, If I used my button names, all my notation would look like this O+O OO+O 66OO O4OO+OO, because all the buttons on my stick are CIRCLES! LMAO.

Back