Talim General Discussion and Q&A

Her move list and the properties of the moves she has from IV have been changed quite a bit.

An experienced Talim player should have no difficulty making the transition from Soul Calibur IV to Soul Calibur 2 HD though.
Let's all hope this is true. I know I will seriously need to get past the no guard crush thing before any such transition can be made. But she's supposed to be really good in 2 so maybe I won't even notice.

All that being said, she feels extremely different back then. Not at all as fluid with her transition setups that I really liked in SC4. Here she's more generic, imo, with really solid options that make it so she doesn't need a ton of creativity to set them up.

On the plus side, she's a lot more mobile though, and actually has useable lows.

These things may or may not change in the HD version via balancing/frame data changes, but just to get the ball rolling, here's some stuff I found in the limited training mode of SC2

- 1A+B can be done as FC 1A+B
- 1A+B gives you either 22B~Windsault or 44B as combos
- BT B+K aGIs Verticals and Throws; causes a shakeable stun on hit. Safe on block
- BT B+K if not shaken gives 1A+B/3B6B as combos
- BT A+K aGIs Horis and Throws; KNDs and ROs

- 4B+K is probably one of the best post GIs she's got since, while slow, it still fits in the GI window.

- B+K Guard breaks and grants a free 66B or 44A near the edge (if the opponent doesn't GI)
- A+B Guard breaks and gives a free 66B near the edge as well (again if the opponent doesn't GI)

These things may or may not change in the HD version via balancing/frame data changes, but just to get the ball rolling, here's some stuff I found in the limited training mode of SC2

- 1A+B can be done as FC 1A+B
- 1A+B gives you either 22B~Windsault or 44B as combos
- BT B+K aGIs Verticals and Throws; causes a shakeable stun on hit. Safe on block
- BT B+K if not shaken gives 1A+B/3B6B as combos
- BT A+K aGIs Horis and Throws; KNDs and ROs

- 4B+K is probably one of the best post GIs she's got since, while slow, it still fits in the GI window.

- B+K Guard breaks and grants a free 66B or 44A near the edge (if the opponent doesn't GI)
- A+B Guard breaks and gives a free 66B near the edge as well (again if the opponent doesn't GI)

Lol, wait till you get a load of her Soul Charge moves...

I can't remember anything about SCII Talim lol. Played SCII when I as a kid. But what were like her best moves?

I'm about to go ham in this thread when I get home, get ready for a massive edit either tonight or tomorrow. I'm tempted to hold some stuff close to my chest, but I might as well just dump it all out there.

I got the ps2 version upstairs. I'm looking forward to what we found. She was so good in this game and Jesus was she fast. She is actually FAST in this one her stances actually work properly. This is the perfect Talim.

I know that 8wr9_3A is one of her best moves. It gose under high attacks, it tracks 360 degrees, it always knocks down, and it can also be done out of wc1.

33A all day every day. TJ, TC, KD, RO, kills step, best move in the game lol.

I seem to remember Talim's evasion steps, 2_8 B+K and 22_88 B+K, being a lot more useful in 2 versus 3 or 4. Maybe it was just me. IDK.

Soul charge isn't that hard to figure out when to use since you can cancel the animation.
Yeah but if you cancel you only get Soul Charge level 1. Some characters have stuff at level 2 and I think 3 is just for UBs. I see you can move around still while you charge though.

Yeah but if you cancel you only get Soul Charge level 1. Some characters have stuff at level 2 and I think 3 is just for UBs. I see you can move around still while you charge though.
Level 1 soul charge isn't bad though, but I see you point though. I think you can cancel up to level 2 i think. i'll go try it.

IMO talims best sc gb is a level 1. So a+b+k~g is pretty useful.

Her 11b is a lvl1 guard crush. After 11b is blocked she can go into WC1 where WC1 A must be re-GI'd or 2g'd. Just do the WC1 transition to bait the re gi and do whatever. She can also go into wind leap for further mixups.

IMO talims best sc gb is a level 1. So a+b+k~g is pretty useful.

Her 11b is a lvl1 guard crush. After 11b is blocked she can go into WC1 where WC1 A must be re-GI'd or 2g'd. Just do the WC1 transition to bait the re gi and do whatever. She can also go into wind leap for further mixups.
Well this is good news. I was just playing yesterday and I couldn't figure out what to do with Soul Charge lvl 1 besides Windsault B GB. 11B makes a lot more sense.

Back