Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion and KOF 12 to appear at AM Show.

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion and KOF 12 to appear at AM

Just giving people yet another reason not to own a PS3. I starting to feel sorry for Sony.

It's great news for people who just own a 360, but to me it's meh. I'm still not that excited about T6BR, but with no clear winner in the console market and games costing even more to make, it doesn't make sense to just bring it out on one console. Plus Namco will sell alot of copies by bringing it out for both consoles.

I still need to play it first to find out how much of a burn this is to Sony.

Release date of Fall 2009 is rough. Guess we won't be seeing Tekken at Evo next year, lol.

That's the other thing I was thinking. That's a long time to wait for it to come out.

As for KOFXII, Andy, Iori, and Raiden will also be in the game.

I'm meh about this announcement. I used to be a huge Tekken fan, but since Tag it really hasn't roped me back in.

ShinobiBrown said:
Just giving people yet another reason not to own a PS3. I starting to feel sorry for Sony.

Tekken 6 wasn't going to sell any systems and there are plenty of reasons to own a PS3 already. This is pretty unimportant in the great scheme of lost exclusives.

All Namco is trying to do is make that money, so it makes sense to release it for both consoles. Alot of people will see it as huge news or as a reason why one console is better than the other, but the controllers still suck for fighting games on the X360 unless you got that money to go out and buy a stick or when Microsoft decides to mass produce controllers with better directional pads. Tekken has also been meh for me too after Tag, so I could care less what console it comes out on. It could come out for the Virtual Boy for all I care.

I see it as okay news since the X360 is picking up steam finally in Japan. It's shows that the system is finally getting some more support. But as a reason to trade in the PS3 just because T6 will be on the X360 is ridiculous, especially when the PS3 has the better controller for fighting games and is also a better piece of hardware.

Tekken stayed an exclusive for so long because what other system could you possibly release it for where it would sell enough copies when everyone and their momma's momma either owned a PSX or a PS2 at the time? Now that it costs more money to produce a game and no clear winner in the console market, the days of exclusives are over.

wow it's pretty bad on SDT, I'd hate to see the Gamefaqs tekken 6/PS3 hardware boards right now.

KENTOIRC Says:
October 8, 2008 at 10:39 pm
YOU KEEP BUYING THE BULLSHIT, AND IT’S GONNA KEEP GETTING WORSE. FUCK NAMCO. A NIGGA LIKE ME IS GONNA POST UP WITH ANOTHER GAME COMPANY FOR THE NEXT DECADE. AND TO the Faceless Master, iPron Man, Downplay AND ANY BODY ELSE WITH SOMETHING SLICK TO SAY. FUCK YOU, AND NAMCO. YOU CAN HAVE TEKKEN. KEEP THAT MUTHAFUCKIN GAME IN JAPAN, OR ASIA, OR WERE EVER THE FUCK YOU MUTHAFUCKAS PLAY IT. I’M GOING BACK TO SELLING CRACK, FUCK VIDEO GAMES."

taken from sdtekken...best post ever.

anyway...so does this mean that they'll use the same coding on both, thus toning down the graphics on the ps3 version...i think so. i bet they were a hair away from dropping a beautiful version for ps3 then were like...oh shit we gotta redo it for 360 and make it look shitty...and it's gonna take a god damn year.

really the loss of exclusivity doesn't really bother me, but the fact that they are willing to make us wait now because of this bullshit really pisses me off.

first the star wars prostitution...then the dlc debacles...now this. i'm starting to think that in the scheme of, well, schemes...NB belongs with M$ and not sony anyways.

this is true my friend told me that tekken 6 is coming out for the 360

I been sitting here at work laughing my ass off at the comments that people are posting. It's funny reading the laments of people who bought a PS3 for a game that isn't even out yet and won't be out for another year to then hear that it will also be released on a rival platform.

If I was waiting for Tekken, I would be on the phone cussing someone out because not only do you have to wait another year before it actually comes out, but it most likely means that they will release a lackluster product because the time that they are going to put in releasing T6 for both consoles won't be spent on making the best game possible, fixing online play, or adding additional features. It most likely will have the same problems/complaints as SC4, so I wouldn't buy it on the first day it comes out. I would try and find someone with a copy and play it before buying or rent it.

yeah this sucks, and it will result in an inferior product. it's not M$ that i'm mad at. Also i certainly didn't get a ps3 just for tekken...but i did get it just for final fantasy, gta, soulcal, and tekken.

well that one kinda blew up now didn't it. still though, knowing from the getgo that all these titles would cross, i still would have gotten it in favor of the 360 because of they superior power and better graphics and controllers.

that said this is bs because of the delay it causes for all of us. i mean...by the time we get T6 on console it will be like two years old. gay, namco, gay. and not in the man/man way either...but the way that there IS something wrong with.

If people had faith that NB would put out a great product for both consoles, then there wouldn't be as much of a backlash to this news as there is today. No one has a problem with any other fighting game that will be released for both consoles. If I was someone who waited for the release of T6, I would be worried. I wasn't wowed by T6 to begin with and I don't have any faith that NB will spend the time on releasing the best game possible. And I would be angry to have to wait another year for this game that by the time it actually comes out, it will probably be an afterthought with SF4, KOFXII, and others that will be out before it.

NB has no excuse when T6 comes out and it's happens to be crap. They have plenty of time to make the best game possible. Just play it before you buy it.

I hadn't thought about the game being compromised due to multiplatform.

It doesn't really make any sense. I don't see why theres any excuse not to have a PS3 version out ASAP when the arcade uses the PS3 architecture. It sounds pretty retarded.

I'm not against the whole multiplatform thing...I approve in some respects as this way more people get to play and it means more people to discuss with; however if quality is compromised then i'm not too pleased.

Are Arcades even around still?

yes, the graphics will most likely be toned down now so that the same coding can be used for both platforms.

it's like because namco wanted to make more off the multi, we have to wait way longer to get an inferior product.

true, it wouldn't be a problem had they been planning on this from the getgo, but no...it's a last second addition...which pretty much ruins the whole of console tekken6. honestly, i'd rather they made it a 360 exclusive if it meant they would just release it as is.

I hope they don't give us ANOTHER empty character slot....o wait that could be it! Namco will release a DLC of Jin or someone from Tekken to fill that spot! I r teh genious!

it's like because namco wanted to make more off the multi, we have to wait way longer to get an inferior product.

This^

Rather than making the PS3 owners wait, release it for PS3 before condensing and porting it over to 360. There is no reason to push back a game simply to make it arcade imperfect. I would like to hear Namco's logic behind not just releasing the PS3 version first.

Lulz, poor Sony, where ever they turn they get a penorz up the pooper. Sega did it with VF5. Capcom did it with DMC4. EA's done it with every single multi plat title. Namco already did it once with SCIV and now they are back for seconds with T6. Sony must be in major pain.

Back