Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion and KOF 12 to appear at AM Show.

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion and KOF 12 to appear at AM

Sorry guys, but it totally makes sense to spend 12$ million on a project and have it only available to a certain number of people -_- Not that PS3 player base is small, but why not have both. Exclusivity *should* be gone... deal. I would take a slightly worse game any day if it meant the internet wouldn't bubble into a cesspool of console wars. After all, it's more important to spread memes and link people to random videos.

Anyway, on topic. Does anyone think SNK will put SDMs back in? I'm suspecting they will, because that's been a big enough part of the series for a while to just drop. Obviously they don't want to break the formula(ish) as they did with XI (why, is beyond me as XI definitely has some nice gimmicks), but the idea of having a real desperation move is so... traditional now.

Then again, thinking about it that way how often do you see someone saving up a lvl3/sdm super in high play? Thinking about it in that regard it's not too weird to not have SDMs. Just make the DMs really cool, haha.

yeah this sucks, and it will result in an inferior product.
Err... you are aware that developers have done far better jobs with multiplatform titles than exclusives, right?

that said this is bs because of the delay it causes for all of us. i mean...by the time we get T6 on console it will be like two years old. gay, namco, gay. and not in the man/man way either...but the way that there IS something wrong with.
There's nothing wrong with it.

The delay is because BR is gonna be released in the arcades in what, December? The last time they released a Tekken game onto console (T5) after a very short period of time in the arcades (4 months, to be exact), arcade owners got PISSED.

Namco aren't about to make the same mistake twice.

I think tekken 6 360 will have the fable hero as console exclusive char. PS3 will have... uhh, any exclusives left for them?

Err... you are aware that developers have done far better jobs with multiplatform titles than exclusives, right?

um...i disagree...examples? except sc2...which went multi after a while in arcade...and which had only 1 real good version...and even if it is a bit better as far as balance or something...the bottom line still is it can have been easily patched and will have to be altered to run on weaker hardware.

and really, how big is the arcade scene anymore. how long has tekken6 been out in arcade, and how many of actually play it...or have ever even seen it? BR will be the same way. nobody goes to arcades anymore. namco has WAY more to gain by hurrying a game to console. WAY...like a not even comparable amount...i'm just pulling this out of my ass here, but i'd bet it's at LEAST a 5000% profit difference. granted, the arcade scene in asia and europe may be different than here...i know that it is nowhere near the scope of the console scene in either. don't fool yourself into thinking arcade owners have any more sway over namdai than we do.

that said...M$ DOES hold that sway. how they got it...i don't know, and i don't want to. i'm tired, drunk, and mad. thanks namco.

The delay is because BR is gonna be released in the arcades in what, December? The last time they released a Tekken game onto console (T5) after a very short period of time in the arcades (4 months, to be exact), arcade owners got PISSED.

Namco aren't about to make the same mistake twice.

^ This. This is a big reason why you won't see it til 09. I am content with that because when it is released on consoles it will be BR rather than an outdated version.

Which was my biggest beef with Tekken 5 and DR. Came out on console, then the arcade got a HUGE upgrade. Console owners were basically given the finger until it came to PSP and later PS3.

im a bit growly myself, I just got a PS3 monday. pretty much like "yo T6" and now its slamming to 360 aswell known as T6 BR.

Im not really mad, but damn. I didn't really expect Namco to ever break Tekken away from sony. Looks like I'll be picking up both. ew.

um...i disagree...examples? except sc2...which went multi after a while in arcade...and which had only 1 real good version...and even if it is a bit better as far as balance or something...the bottom line still is it can have been easily patched and will have to be altered to run on weaker hardware.

Massive crappy pics, crappy digicam, crappy photographer session. Not to mention the passage of time between pics.
DSC00022.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Sure Uncharted looks nice, but runs at 30 fps (not locked), has tearing, etc.

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

LO uses UE3, but is technically an exclusive. Graphics are okay, but relies a lot of bloom and playing around with details of objects to maintain look. Frame rate and loading are signature UE "goodness".

DSC00076.jpg

Poor to moderate textures, very few stages and enemy types.

DSC00127.jpg

I guess this okay. It is only 30fps (but it usually solid), stages are large and there are a large number of stages and enemies on screen.

DSC00130.jpg

Multi-plat, yet runs at 60fps (for the most part or tearing on 360, pick your poison), good textures, etc.

DSC00016.jpg

Decent frame rate, decent textures, not quite HD, but bricks actually look unique despite being multi-plat.

DSC00147.jpg

Exclusive. Not only not quite HD, it also has crappy frame rate, poor lighting, and those bricks don't look right, new building or not.

It is great that Uncharted came out the way that it did. But in plenty of cases multi-plat games such as (AC, COD4, DMC4) turned out better than exclusives such LO, Siren, NG2.

Courtesy of dojikyo.

and really, how big is the arcade scene anymore. how long has tekken6 been out in arcade, and how many of actually play it...or have ever even seen it? BR will be the same way. nobody goes to arcades anymore. namco has WAY more to gain by hurrying a game to console. WAY...like a not even comparable amount...i'm just pulling this out of my ass here, but i'd bet it's at LEAST a 5000% profit difference. granted, the arcade scene in asia and europe may be different than here...i know that it is nowhere near the scope of the console scene in either. don't fool yourself into thinking arcade owners have any more sway over namdai than we do.
T6 has been doing VERY well in arcades in Asia. Better than VF5R is (which is doing very well itself). Considering that it's all about getting as much money as possible, arcade owners there have quite a say in what happens in the arcades.

Shit, it was BECAUSE of the arcade owners that T5DR was made.

You might not care about this, but Namco does. For good reason. T6BR on console is still gonna sell the same amount (give or take) whether or not it comes out on arcades. With that logic, why not make more money on the arcades.

Nobody IN THE WEST cares about arcades anymore. Yes, Namco noticed (which is why they closed down their arcade division in the US). Doesn't mean there isn't money to be made elsewhere.

Back