Tekken Character Creation, Thoughts?

Kai_lombax

[13] Hero
Hey there everyone, I just wanted to share this video I made awhile back explaining why I'd love to see character in a future Tekken game. I'd love to have a discussion on this if you're open but for now, I hope you enjoy the video!

I do approve any charácter creation in any game and specially in fighting games. Although, I don't think it will happen in T7, basically because that's never been a feautre in tekken games and I don't think they will put it at this point we will have the usual customize mode and that's pretty much it.

I don't have much more to say really, it would be nice to have a smackdownvs raw 2013 tier of charácter editor but I don't think that will happen.

If namco is gonna work on a great character creation in a fighter, it's definitely gonna be SCVI. SC had great creation since SCIII. And I think it wouldn't fit into Tekken and most fans wouldn't care about it. But, what do I know, I never properly played Tekken...

I do approve any charácter creation in any game and specially in fighting games. Although, I don't think it will happen in T7, basically because that's never been a feautre in tekken games and I don't think they will put it at this point we will have the usual customize mode and that's pretty much it.

I don't have much more to say really, it would be nice to have a smackdownvs raw 2013 tier of charácter editor but I don't think that will happen.

Oh, I wasn't necessarily saying it should be in Tekken 7, I meant in a way distant future Tekken game lol Maybe Tekken Tag Tournament 3 since the games aren't canon to the story anyway.

And I respect your honesty.

If namco is gonna work on a great character creation in a fighter, it's definitely gonna be SCVI. SC had great creation since SCIII. And I think it wouldn't fit into Tekken and most fans wouldn't care about it. But, what do I know, I never properly played Tekken...

Like I said in the video, I think the character creator has come along way in Soul Calibur but I think it'd be great to be able to create a character in a fighting game where the character fought hand to hand instead of with weapons.

The only fighting game I can recall that did something like this was Mortal kombat Armaggedon and for the most part it worked so that's why I'd love to see it be featured in a more up to date fighting game.

As for it not fitting in Tekken, I again disagree. Tekken's plot outside of the Mishima family is about a whole bunch of fighters enterting a tournament to become the King of Iron fist. Custom characters could be written as contestants entering the King of Iron first tournament. Boom, done. lol So really, I feel character creation wouldn't be that weird for Tekken in terms of generality. But unlike Soul Calibur, Tekken's main characters are much more iconic.

Honestly, I think character creation for a hand to hand fighting game would most likely work with Virtua Fighter or even a new Mortal Kombat game.

Tekken with character creation would be sick. SC has had it forever now, why hasn't Tekken implemented this?

Tekken with character creation would be sick. SC has had it forever now, why hasn't Tekken implemented this?
Well, I think it's because Tekken's main cast of characters have always been more iconic than Soul Calibur's so the developers probably didn't think Character creation was necessary but considering Tekken 7 is going to be the game that ends the Mishima Family feud, it could mean that maybe character creation has a chance of making it in a future Tekken game. :)

Well, I think it's because Tekken's main cast of characters have always been more iconic than Soul Calibur's so the developers probably didn't think Character creation was necessary but considering Tekken 7 is going to be the game that ends the Mishima Family feud, it could mean that maybe character creation has a chance of making it in a future Tekken game. :)
I sort of see what you mean, but characters like Nightmare, Siegfried, Mitsurugi, Taki, Sophitia and the like are hugely iconic to the series in their own right. I think it's more like they don't want to go through all the extra effort in adding it. After all, Tekken is the game that gets treated like some kind of masterpiece that doesn't need any major changes, hence why we don't have a cool feature like that. Soulcalibur has more room for that kind of stuff, because it's the game that gets less attention from Namco so they're free to do whatever. It seems that Tekken remains comparatively stagnant, but Soulcalibur can be more experimental (not always a good thing though, look what happened with SCV).

I would love to see a char creation ... especially one as awesome as soul calibur's. so much variety ... and tekken's customizations with the past couple games have been so incredibly limited ...

I sort of see what you mean, but characters like Nightmare, Siegfried, Mitsurugi, Taki, Sophitia and the like are hugely iconic to the series in their own right. I think it's more like they don't want to go through all the extra effort in adding it. After all, Tekken is the game that gets treated like some kind of masterpiece that doesn't need any major changes, hence why we don't have a cool feature like that. Soulcalibur has more room for that kind of stuff, because it's the game that gets less attention from Namco so they're free to do whatever. It seems that Tekken remains comparatively stagnant, but Soulcalibur can be more experimental (not always a good thing though, look what happened with SCV).

Well when I said Tekken was more popular and iconic than Soul Calibur, I meant with relative popularity. Like, I hear way more people talk about Tekken than I do Soul Calibur. In fact, I've only met one person offline in person who knew of Soul Calibur and he stopped after Soul Calibur 2. And lots people recognize characters like Jin, Kazuya, & Heihachi over Siegfried and Nightmare but I digress.

As neat as Tekken is, I just feel that from a plot standpoint, character creation would work in that game because it is a big fighting tournament after all. And not to mention, Namco could get more money from the potential character creation DLC items lol.

But you're right, Soul Calibur is going to need to do lots of damage control after SCV and Lost Sword's poor handling.

I would love to see a char creation ... especially one as awesome as soul calibur's. so much variety ... and tekken's customizations with the past couple games have been so incredibly limited ...

Same here, it'd be cool to see a Soul Calibur 5 style character creation system in Tekken! But you're so right, character customization has been lacking since Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and even then, some of the clothing look horrible on the characters. As "meh" as Tekken 6 was, the character customization was pretty deep for a Tekken game and you'd think they'd expand upon it in Tag 2 but nope, that didn't happen and going by Tekken 7, it seems like it's going to pretty limited as well.

Back