The 1[B] Thread

BrewtusBibulus

Get your eSports on!
Ive been messing with using this more and more as I play around. First off I like using this instead of say a 2A+B in situations because lets say they are at half life and you punish with a 66:B you can end with 2A+B236B/K but both of them let the opponent roll away and reset where if you finished with 1 you stand them up and make them face a mixup that can kill them

So here is where I see you can take free 1 Im hoping people will add to the list because its FAR from complete

1[K], 1
66:B, 66B, 66:B, 1
BS 22_88B, 1
MCFT A, 1
BT 1K, 1
CH BT 22A
CH 2A+B, 66B, 66:B, 1
CH BT B+K, 2A+B, 66:B, 66B, 1
CH BT 3B, BS 3B, BS 1 (can be escaped by just ukemi).
CH BT 6K, BS 1

I made one a few days back

Standing BF 2KK, 1B, A+B, 6A, 2B+K, 236A+B.

I'm not at home to make sure the notation is correct, but what should happen is:
1. Breakdance -> Kick airborn
2. Lift up opponent
3. Spin your wrists to stun, then slam both arms into stomach
4. Groundpound with your upper body and go into the stance where he's about to pounce
5. If its timed right...UNBLOCKABLE LUNGE FTW!!!

The kick is good. you can also start the combo by doing the facing opponent kick where he turns his body and kicks up like a horse. I forget the notation on that atm sry -_-

^^ lolwut

OP, I made a post about 1 in the combo thread but no one responded. I think 1 is great for the mixups.

Basically any situation where you get a 1[K], CH 66B, and clean or counterhit 6:6B, you get a 1. You also get 1 off of the following:

MCFT A, 1.
BS 22_88B, 1.
CH BS 3B, BS 3B, BS 1 (can be escaped by just ukemi).
CH BS 6K, BS 1.

ok well 1 discussion in a combo thread isnt going to go far... 1 is a mixup tool and naturally your damage will lower when using it so damage fiends are just going to ignore you

Updated with new combos

BS 66K, W!, BS 1{B}... its great to use off of wall splats... 1{B} in general has one of the wierdest hitbox properties I've seen too... And after I'm picked up by it, I'd rather block and eat a throw than duck and get A+B'd...
EDIT:
I think 1{B} will pick up after CH BS 22*88A...

I think that 1 is one of the moves that makes Voldo god-tier. I use A+B (quite fast mid-safe-tech crouching-hard to step) followed by 66B, 6:6B, 1. After you can mixup between throws (that randomly come out from side or from back), or a fast mid.
For example, if your opponent crouch to avoid the back throw (75 dmg:)), you can mix up with another A+B, 66B, 6:6B 1, and another time the following choice is yours ...
I think its an almost pure 50%-50% choice with devastating damage.

Yes, fuck the guaranteed damage, this move is hellish.
Every time voldo stuns you (aka whenever he hits you) you can 1(B) and start with the mixup of doom. Luckily for Asta, he can break backthrows, or else the matchup would be 8-2 in Voldo favor.
You can't even jump after being hit after 1(B)!

50-50 my ass! :sc1ast1:

I'm surprised no one has complained about a recent problem with this move...at least for me.

KrayzieCD, and Bentleet, and some other higher level competition doesn't seem to fall for this frame trap well at all. Here's what I gathered.

The Frame Trap is +8 I believe? A+B, or throws are generally considered the 2 best options from this, YOU CAN SEE A+B IN TIME TO RISE UP FROM A DUCKING GUARD. Even if they don't go that route, the other one I've seen is always block standing, and attempt a throw break, which is still 50/50 if you try to throw, but takes out any stun combo possibilities.

I know you can use 3A instead of A+B which still stuns(recoverable) and will counter step, but the camera changes during the animation to 1(B) make it so I'll sometimes 1A instead of 3A, and 1B instead of 3B when I'm pressuring SG. If I wait to get oriented, I lose my advantage, so I rely on A+B pretty much.

I always take the frame trap over the damage because I like the pressure Voldo has and feel you can recover the lost damage later, but I'm starting to see weakness's arising in it.

Ruiner

Okay, so I found something hilarious but pretty useless with this move. When characters with huge hitboxes are REALLY close to the edge, you can use something to knock them down and then 1 will ring them out if you're lucky. Of course, this is a terrible idea to do in an actual match, but holy balls does it look funny. I actually landed this today in a match completely by accident and I couldn't stop laughing. I didn't even know this COULD ring out until today.

I tested on Astaroth, Ivy, Vader, Amy, and Mitsurugi. Well, I didn't really test on Vader, the guy I was playing just so happened to be using Vader when I got a ring out doing this. Also, it didn't work on Amy and Mitsu.

Back