The Cas Colors Contest

Noregrets

[10] Knight
I thought about this for a while. I think that colors are a significant part of a Cas process; it could make or break it in relation to forum response. So I thought maybe a colors contest would be a good idea. I think it could also help some people get used to using different colors effectively.

Rules:

1. Your entry or entries must predominately use the color or colors stated in the first post

2. Be creative

3. Refer to 1 and 2

The winner is the Cas artist who combines a creative Cas with said colors as it's main color scheme.

So for the first time let's try something completely generic and used in many forms of entertainment media.

Round 1
Red and Black

Deadline: Let's say July 18th.

Everyone can vote. Cas artists cannot vote for themselves.

I'm not too sure if I'll be contributing that regularly to this contest since for me, a colour scheme isn't enough inspiration for creating a new character, but luckily I've had this character concept for a while and I wanted to use red and black as her scheme anyway, so here she is:

Leila Redmire
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_14.jpg

Yes, we can all see your cleavage. Now stop puffing out your chest!
She's basically supposed to be a comic book character.
Leila was once a single mother of two children as well as a successful news reporter; however, when she lost her son to an unfortunate accident in a nuclear power station, the news corporation forced her to report that there were no casualties during the incident. Unable to lie about what really happened to her son, she quit her job. She found herself unable to find another job and therefore unable to provide the quality of life that her remaining daughter deserved. On the brink of despair, she resorted to prostitution, only to be physically abused by a client. While he brandished a knife before her shaking body he had pressed against the wall of a dark alleyway, she was unexpectedly rescued by a cloaked figure carrying a long sword (yeah, this guy would be the superhero of the comic).

I might as well try out this one, always wanted to join one of these. Here are all of my (I think) valid sumbissions. If they are too many, I will remove them. Forgive me for being ignorant about these things, I am not sure if there was a limit or not.

--Forgon

Damnation (War Armor) Updated
soulcalibur249.png

soulcalibur251.png

soulcalibur252.png

soulcalibur252.png

soulcalibur254.png

soulcalibur255.png

soulcalibur256.png

soulcalibur257.png

soulcalibur258.png

soulcalibur260.png

soulcalibur259.png

Damnation Brute
soulcalibur278.png

soulcalibur279.png

soulcalibur280.png

soulcalibur281.png

soulcalibur282.png

soulcalibur283.png

soulcalibur284.png

I really want this thread to thrive, because I think it is a fantastic idea that encorages the communtiy to think differently and hone a prevelent weakness into a potential strength. That being said, here is my entry. an old one from my gallery but one that I love; Devil Kun

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_111.png

All right. I've been away from this thread for too long. One of the things that I would encourage all entrants to do is to make readjustments to their entries whether it is based on feedback or maybe you had a premonition. However, you must do this before the deadline. This contest is supposed to help you improve and IMO if you're just submitting the entries without doing anything else then how are you getting better? Now for some thoughts,

Samaras_Madness: You Devil Kun follows the rules but the gold on the shoulders do not match the gold on the boots. You could change it or perhaps replace it with another neutral color?

Rebl: I think the color scheme would be improved if the arms were colored red and black instead on red and black/white stripes

Forgon: Damantion follows the rules but may I recommend that you change the purple on his hip and cape? Purple is not a neutral color that meshes well with Red and Black.

Lost is interesting. A slight change I am recommending is to change the undershirt to black. Doesn't seem like the default color was changed. Also perhaps change the pants to black?

D Masked is very weak entry at the moment. Too much black and not enough red.

Well that's enough for now.

I'm extending the deadline to the 20th.

Forgon: Damantion follows the rules but may I recommend that you change the purple on his hip and cape? Purple is not a neutral color that meshes well with Red and Black.

Lost is interesting. A slight change I am recommending is to change the undershirt to black. Doesn't seem like the default color was changed. Also perhaps change the pants to black?

D Masked is very weak entry at the moment. Too much black and not enough red.

Well that's enough for now.

I'm extending the deadline to the 20th.

Forgive me, I am unable to make adjustments to my creations since this is how I envisioned them, although I will remove any you feel are below recommended standards. Also, everything on Lostoru is black and red, even the pants and undershirt, although they are darker on my TV screen than in the screenshot.

Would you preferred my Damnations were removed since they seem to be below your standards?

--Forgon

Forgive me, I am unable to make adjustments to my creations since this is how I envisioned them, although I will remove any you feel are below recommended standards. Also, everything on Lostoru is black and red, even the pants and undershirt, although they are darker on my TV screen than in the screenshot.

Would you preferred my Damnations were removed since they seem to be below your standards?

--Forgon

Nothing is below standard as art itself is subjective. On the other hand, this is a contest, and I want everyone to have a chance at winning. The purpose of my post to try and give feedback so that people can potentially make better entries. In other words, I was just trying to gauge public reaction and give tips. If you want to keep your Cas the way it is, you are free to do so.

I have to agree with HolyCarp that a color scheme alone isn't really much to be "inspired" by. But I DO love red and black, and already have some that fit this...

Maska:
Trinity_Maska.jpg

Late_Maska.jpg

Black Widow:
Fem_Voldo.jpg

USSR Siegfried:
CCCP_Siegfried.jpg

Scorpion:
Scorpion.jpg

...Me!
SCV_LordDraco3.jpg

Here's my revision. I changed the shoes, I want the illusion of the shoes and the pants are one piece.
The shirt was changed, this one looks a bit more clean. The hair was changed as well, I gave her a short style to put more of an edge/evil look to it.

I made the gloves fade from black to red.

Here's some other entree's.

I happen to have 3 characters with this palette. One I've never posted before, one updated, and one old (I should've probably made a pun about something new something old something borrowed, meh).

NameMePlease

vfKsc.png

I saw an actual samurai armor with a beard attached to the mask, I really liked it. The rest was chosen as part of my UseEveryDLCPiece plan.
The reason I didn't post him because I wanted to use all accessory slots, which is kinda stupid.

smFoR.png

Demon Lord (formerly War)

hRuxe.png

An experiment with helmets that made me realize how badass fully armored big dudes looks.

AmBeu.jpg

Yo dawg I heard you like wings so I put wings in your wings etc. Seriously though the wings sticker gives a nice texture and a gradient.

bwfAK.png

As a bonus here's what he looks like under the helmet. And yes, he's supposed to be red.

D7Utu.png

Omega Pyrrah 1P (copy pasted from my gallery).

2QrUm.jpg

This lass became my main character for a while, but I didn't like how she originally looked like a goth school girl. I mean she's supposedly the next Nightmare, the manifestation of evil itself!
This one is a bit old, but I had to show it before the next one. Do you think it would look good with the Valkyrie fauld and shoes?

K902Q.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't stick her actual skirt beneath the fauld, so a generic skirt would do. Also that stupid blue hair ribbon has to go kill itself :<

p9Zce.jpg

RED_BLACK_by_MRi.jpg

A couple of people made the criticism that "red and black" was simply not enough to be inspired. So my half-assed solution is to post random online pictures of said colors that may jolt someone's creative mind. Deadline extended to the 22nd

Back