The Complete Patroklos Guide Series

Ah, alas, I hardly play as Omega, and I would be unqualified to speak on her.

I know that there are other characters people would like to play, but without spending the time and engaging in countless battles, I'd just be spreading misinformation. We have players who are experts in their fields, but they may not have the time to contribute, or may not want to contribute for “other” reasons.

So, I’ve been writing the articles in the Tactics forum, in order to give people basics- to help them work on their foundation, their standard play. Basics apply to all characters in the game- once you have good basics, you can play as any character. You can also more clearly see the purpose of moves in the game, and more easily categorize them so that you can use them properly.

The Patroklos guide is an application of those basics. When you have sufficient understanding, you can apply basics and the general framework and principles of the Patroklos guide to different characters, including Omega.

Ultimately, I want you to become self-sufficient- that you may gain your own power, and wield it freely, to become even stronger than I am, and develop past my level of skill, in new and unexpected directions. I am just working to give you a helping hand while you get there.
Alright. Yea, I've looked at them, mostly the latest one about the bd, sometimes I just don't understand how people get so good against Patty boy. I know he's not perfect, but it's just like they know... and their punishment on every move I do is flawless, when I try to space, my whiff punishment is always off, by a split second, and then they pull out and make me whiff, granted I don't whiff punish with 236B well because I don't jf it perfectly everytime for the extra range. So I guess it's me but I feel like coming in for an attack is pointless, and waiting to punish is too risky because everytime someone knows exactly what to do.

Even still though with Pyrrha Omega, at most, I'd love to be able to have her broken down like Pat, just I don't know how to do it myself, which is why I come to you guys.

when I try to space, my whiff punishment is always off, by a split second
If you start to feel that your whiff punishment is too late, you need to downgrade.

The whiff punishment hierarchy looks like this:

66B
3B
236B (usually grasping for straws here/fighting extremely competent opponents)
run-in 1K or throw/BB (force mixup)

If you can't use the advantage to get guaranteed damage, you still need to use it in some way. Forcing a mixup is better than having an attack blocked.

It is the same principle of punishing with BB over punishing with 236B. BB is less damage, but it's easier to input, thus in the long run you'll land more BB punishes compared to 236B. Of course, if you are pushing yourself, you wanna go for max damage if you need it.

Even still though with Pyrrha Omega, at most, I'd love to be able to have her broken down like Pat, just I don't know how to do it myself, which is why I come to you guys.
Well, maybe I can help you. I'll send you a PM.

If you start to feel that your whiff punishment is too late, you need to downgrade.

The whiff punishment hierarchy looks like this:

66B
3B
236B (usually grasping for straws here/fighting extremely competent opponents)
run-in 1K or throw/BB (force mixup)

If you can't use the advantage to get guaranteed damage, you still need to use it in some way. Forcing a mixup is better than having an attack blocked.

It is the same principle of punishing with BB over punishing with 236B. BB is less damage, but it's easier to input, thus in the long run you'll land more BB punishes compared to 236B. Of course, if you are pushing yourself, you wanna go for max damage if you need it.
Maybe. I feel like the actual problem is that I haven't done enough study of match up data, like your topic says I should. Perhaps if I knew, then I wouldn't be throwing out moves that I don't know aren't guaranteed off of a whiff or block.

God, the Pat SA has everything:

-A dedicated mod and guides

-It's own header (:P)

-Great players

Good job Drake, it might take you a while, but could you do this for all the other characters? You're done your tactical guides (I believe), so you would have more time for this project. Simply my $0.02.

Besides, Pat and Ω are pretty similar, they both rely on one or two moves :P.
Well, you want a guide, not for me to tell you "use more DNS B".

Since I have to learn her myself in order to make something like this, it's going to take a while. (I have to work on it on the side as finishing the Pat series is first.) I'll PM you when it's finished.

Well, you want a guide, not for me to tell you "use more DNS B".

Since I have to learn her myself in order to make something like this, it's going to take a while. (I have to work on it on the side as finishing the Pat series is first.) I'll PM you when it's finished.

Thank you! I'm sure all the other Ω mains will be quite grateful as well.

so when can we expect volume 2?
I'm working on it. ._.

I look up setups and tech traps as well as punishment, and I don't get to work on it as much as I'd like, so it takes some time. I have Ezio, Leixia, and Maxi done right now, once Pat and Xiba are done I'll release that digitally here. I have to finish five more characters after that before releasing a print copy (that is, if the pages add up).

Absolutely best Soul Calibur character guide ever created! I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to master Patroklos!

Back