the days of sc4 236236b ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane

oh riri
are pretty much over...

or are they? ... I did this by accident. I guess it works now with 236b [did it work in sc4 like this?] ... but as noted, the distance spacing is so strict it's not really even worth it. but a cool "glitch" I suppose

Why must you train against Sieg? Hasn't he suffered enough? Lol

On topic: Pretty cool, kinda sad but very glad that only works at that specific spacing.
P.S. How did you get the SCIV Sieg costume?

haha I was in the middle of making a siegfriend punishment video when I did the 236:b [no recovery version] by accident ... then I starting thinking ... oh shit, maybe she can get a combo off it like sc4 ;P

~~~

sc4 sieg outfit is actually on the disc. the sword is too, but I haven't figured out how to swap that yet. I'm running a modded xbox

SCIV Sieg reminds me of better times lol (for Sieg at least). Weirdest part is, I actually think he got more damage from his SCIV SRSH {K}> SRSH A+B then the SCV SRSH {K}> SBH B. Talk about universal damage buff...

On topic: Why a punishment vid? Lol you guys punish us for existing. :P
Good luck with the vid, I'll be glad to watch it. :D

haha why a punishment vid? ... it was requested. I've basically been making punishment videos for all the characters, he's just next on the list ... [check punishment video thread]

I'd had this happen a few times myself. Very fiddly range on it, there's unlikely any moves that will point you at that point when punishing them, so you'll only really get it fishing with random 236B's (and since those aren't safe like TAS B was... probably not the best idea).

If you trade hits after AS B you'll reset for another. It's all pretty iffy though so I don't know if any tech could be developed.

Actually this is an interesting case, look at 1:44 ish in Kane's punishment video for Natsu:
Was just watching it and that suddenly stuck out to me after reading this thread. 116 damage in return for that little slice off of us, that's a good deal :) Though no idea if the spacing is finicky on this yet or not, I'll have to try it out later.

yup ... I was going to link to that vid, but I could not watch it while I was at work to get the proper timestamp. ;P

for trading hits with as b, the spacing is not strict at all ... it is very easy.

obviously it depends on what move you traded with, as some will leave you with more recovery than others ... but in the case with the punishment vid, you have quite a lot of time

ninja edit: I'm glad ppl are watching my vids =]

yup ... I was going to link to that vid, but I could not watch it while I was at work to get the proper timestamp. ;P

for trading hits with as b, the spacing is not strict at all ... it is very easy.

obviously it depends on what move you traded with, as some will leave you with more recovery than others ... but in the case with the punishment vid, you have quite a lot of time

ninja edit: I'm glad ppl are watching my vids =]

If the spacing isn't strict at all on that, then, its going to be fun doing that to some unsuspecting Natsu player for the first time :)

I said it before in your punishment video thread, thanks for all of the effort in making these. It is always good to just be able to visually watch them and get used to the move animations that way.

ninja edit: I'm glad ppl are watching my vids =][/quote]

Cus your vids are awesome ;P Lol and helpful :)

Did some experimentation on the types of combos you can get off of this 236B trade stab: http://8wayrun.com/threads/pyrrha-combo-discussion.8752/page-5#post-476438

236B B+K:4 is the best without meter. (98)
236B 66B BE 22BAK is the best with meter. (115)
236B 6B+K W! 66B+KAB G 236B is the best meterless wall. (108)
236B 6B+K W! 66B BE 22BAK is the best half meter wall. (122)
236B 6B+K W! 66B+KAB G CE is the best full meter wall. (131)

I find it can happen quite often if I think I've blocked a 2K and input my 236B punish early. If your opponent then 2A's after hitting with a 2K, the 236B punish attempt will trade with it.

...if the next patch ever makes it so at least the JF version of AS B would be less strict on spacing to get the stun... I'll pick up Pyrrha as my main for just the sole purpose of getting consistent double AS B combos! Ive been missing SCIV Sophie's half life combo of doom soo much! >_<

pyrrha needs to be improved, she is way weaker than sophitia was in sc4 -_-

...don't really know about 'weaker' tbh... a lot of her B&B combos hurt... and potentially lead to further setups... >_<

I think that she's even more versatile compared to her much missed mum, but yes, the mother can hit like a ton of bricks with that two and a half hit combo of death... (well, half of your health bar anyways... >_<)

...what I do feel though is that she seem to not nearly inflict enough damage as she can take them, ie if I play my pyrrha against a decent player of heavy hitting characters like nightmare/asta, I'm working that little bit harder to chain my setups and combos and yet will still fall short of killing them... only to find that they've won the round after I eat only two of their 3-ish hit combos... >_<

I hardly ever have this problem with Ώ... with her psychotic alter ego.. I'm able to limp on a sliver of pixel on my health bar to make a decent comeback... well, usually anyways... >_< lol!

Anyways, if Namco's next patch makes it possible for two AS Bs in a combo... I feel that the damaging combo will serve to compensate for her skewed damage inflicted/taken ratio.

Thats only my opinion though... >_< haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back