[-- The Delusions of Online Insults --]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishimaru Jinrai

[12] Conqueror
Some nice music to listen to while you read. >:]

Hello!! You've probably heard it before, someone on the internet insulting you, saying they'll beat you up, but turns out they're just some upset 12 year old living 1,000 kilometers away? Or, how about the angry bodybuilder online who thinks if they upload videos of themselves waving guns, people on the internet will be afraid and give them more respect?

What are the most common hypocritical insults?

"Hey! I'd love to see you say that to my face, instead of typing it on a computer!"

--- (Implying that if they said those things to you offline, you'd inflict physical violence upon them? Who's really upset?)

--- Appropriate response:

"Nobody cares how buff you are in real life. You're playing a video game, not MMA. Maybe you shouldn't play video games on the internet if you're incapable of dealing with online interactions?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You may have beaten me online... But I saw pictures of you! You're some fat loser with no life, and you've spent all your time getting good at games when you could have spent it making money!"

--- Appropriate response:

"Does it really matter who you're playing on the other end of the screen? It could be a human brain hooked up to a computer for god's sake! Will you insult them because they have no legs? Insulting another gamer personally to compensate for a defeat, is a sign of desperation. If real life persona's matter to you, then why do you play games?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Real life /// Video games. They are completely different sides of completely different coins.

When you're on the internet, discussing video game accomplishments and gamer success is the right place. You've dove into a virtual world, and played with virtual and real life friends, no matter who you are, or where you live, it's a shared world.

When you're at a gym, at work, at an art museum, now is the time to speculate about personal accomplishments. For why would I sit at a fine restaurant to talk about things on the internet? That's what a computer is for.

---------------------------------------------------------

Say for instance you lived in a world, where whoever trash talked had to go into a cage and physically fight another player? Would that suffice? Believe me, the best video game players aren't body builders, so why do people try to combine this polar-opposite world to keep crashing into itself?

The Delusion, The Hypocrisy of it all comes down to, when a person is outclassed by another in one aspect, they try to compensate by bringing in other aspects. If you got 10-0'ed by a girl, you got 10-0'ed in a game. Don't go on a rant about her being an inferior sex, for if you had beaten her, your insults would have been "Ha! You lost 10 matches to me!"

I hope after reading this you could direct this topic to anyone who acts like an "Internet Tough guy" xD

Also, #I-won-in-a-game-I'm-better-than-you!
#You-won-in-a-game-only-because-you-have-no-life-like-me!

Also the reference I was trying to make is:

If you beat someone in a game, it's because you're a better player.
If they beat you online, it's because you're a superior person in real life?
If you're an ugly person in real life, are you better than a good-looking person because you're better at games then them?

It's a polar opposite world that should never be combined, it's a common physiological response people have other than saying "Good game" or being humble.With that said, Happy gaming!! And remember, when you fight someone in a game, the only factor about who wins, is who is better at playing it. =3

Last edited:
Isn't it a lot simpler to just ignore people? Don't you think that coming back with sarcasm and trolling only lowers you to the same level as the jerk?

I heard a quote a few years ago from youtube comments section that stuck with me:

"winning an argument over the internet is like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded". At my ripe old age of 38 I learned years ago that it's best to just remove yourself entirely from the BS drama.

I mean, who cares what some guy on the internet that you will mostly likely never meet thinks of you. Just pull yourself away from that negativity and be done with it.

I mean, who cares what some guy on the internet that you will mostly likely never meet thinks of you. Just pull yourself away from that negativity and be done with it.

Exactly, but the thing is, I noticed most online players follow a very linear line of thought process when getting insulted, and throwing insults. It's sad as though you can almost predict what they'll say next.

Diagnosing people's delusions I think is healthy, so at least when you state them, people look stupid for saying exactly what you predicted they'd say in the said circumstance.... xD

Bottom line is, people online are unoriginal, and predictable with their insults.

My favorite response to anything they say is usually "Cool story, bro." I know I don't quite use it as it originally was made, but it makes a great anti-trolling response.

I wish saying "Sorry hard." was as effective online as it was in Norwich.

I like playing with my ragers too much, I mean it doesn't matter what you say to them they will rage at you more, I guarantee it.

Rager - "OMG Throw more noob."

Sett - "wash mouth before spek of throw -___-" "

Rager -"Get fucked 'insert racist assumption here'."

Name 10 good anti-troll phrases to use against a troll in a sense that you don't care.

Lol! Hmm.. I'll make a few.

"Life, you must find one!

Your comment made your mother cry!

Yep, I'm also worse then Kim Jung OOOn!

Blah blah! Even monkeys can make noises...

It sounded like you were crying when you typed that!

You misspelled "You're", you're grammer needz wurk!"

^ SORRY!! I couldn't think of more just off the top of my head! ENJOY!! xDD

Lol! Hmm.. I'll make a few.

"Life, you must find one!

Your comment made your mother cry!

Yep, I'm also worse then Kim Jung OOOn!

Blah blah! Even monkeys can make noises...

It sounded like you were crying when you typed that!

You misspelled "You're", you're grammer needz wurk!"

^ SORRY!! I couldn't think of more just off the top of my head! ENJOY!! xDD
has anyone ever told you: you arent as funny as you think you are?

I think everyone has, he just doesnt listen.

You're just upset because I disected your status updates... xD

-Plays fighting video games
-Gets mad at players.
-"I'd like to see them say those to me in REAL life!"

Lol, then why do you play video games? Herp Derp Logic 10.1. And also... it's "Doesn't".

Also, you didn't "dissect" anything, if anything you made yourself look stupid with every post you made. Kind of like this thread you made right here.

Also, you didn't "dissect" anything, if anything you made yourself look stupid with every post you made. Kind of like this thread you made right here.

Nothing is "stupid" about this topic, frankly, it's a direct emulation of what people most commonly say over competitive video games online, and the most commonly used retorts. Then explaining the differentials between them and why they are senseless comparisons. Rather than saying "That's a dumb thing to say!" this topic explains "why it's a dumb thing to say".

A topic isn't "stupid" just because you're not smart enough to comprehend it ^_^. Seeing as you've already boasted on here about being a MMA trainee, bodybuilder / big guy, you fit the personifications quite well. =] You've made comments how you wish you could confront people "face to face", but the irony is you're playing video games online.

I think everyone has, he just doesnt listen.
she...

Unlike most people, Ish is rather more entertainingly active then some who don't participate worth a shit. Like all people, you just gotta be more open & don't be so sensitive. I'd rather be with people like Ish to make my day more lively then it is with the people who don't really do shit to be any entertaining what so ever. Just plain boring...

she...

Unlike most people, Ish is rather more entertainingly active then some who don't participate worth a shit. Like all people, you just gotta be more open & don't be so sensitive. I'd rather be with people like Ish to make my day more lively then it is with the people who don't really do shit to be any entertaining what so ever. Just plain boring...
No, he was the correct term.

And if by entertainingly active you mean going through threads and statuses trying to cause pointless arguments probably due to either his own insecurity or lack of anything better to do, then yes. I can 100% promise you that you are the only one who thinks this way about Catman... It's not even about being open or sensitive, he posts stupid things trying to win pointless arguments.

There are ways to be entertaining aside from being obnoxious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back