The flawed concept of "Love".

Wait, are we talking about birds or humanity?
lol I'm done here. I feel sorry for you guys how clueless you are. It's hidden in plain sight but no one wants to acknowledge it because it would make them queasy or create cognitive dissonance. That's fine. Enjoy your fantasy of lies and deception

I never wholeheartedly disagreed with him per se, it was the manner in which he said it. No one living on planet earth believes humanity, and life itself, is without problems.

But like you said, he doesn't offer any solutions, just stating the issues. And here's why I can relate to him:

I used to think like him. I used to be a complete pessimist and wondered why we even exist at all. He then goes on to claim that we try to justify our existence with our pleasures. This is where I disagree. I'm sort of a hedonist in a way. If things in life give you pleasure, joy, satisfaction, whether it be an accomplishment out of struggle, a cigarette, an orgasm, a cupcake, or marijuana, it doesn't matter. The sheer fact that things give us pleasure make life worth living and makes the whole process WORTH repeating.

In other words, been there, done that. I've been at the mountain top ready to jump off, I've been in the bar drinking 13 beers and crying to myself.

What I realized is that even though life is pretty much superficial and pointless to a large degree, there is still SOME good in it, or at least there are parts in it that outweigh what is bad.

He's probably had some major existential epiphany where he must come to grips with the meaning of his own life, but can't find it, so he's using his negative emotions to cloud his judgement over what is a completely neutral thing: life.

Life is what we make of it. It's up to US to make it good and worth doing. It's our responsibility.

I never wholeheartedly disagreed with him per se, it was the manner in which he said it. No one living on planet earth believes humanity, and life itself, is without problems.

But like you said, he doesn't offer any solutions, just stating the issues. And here's why I can relate to him:

I used to think like him. I used to be a complete pessimist and wondered why we even exist at all. He then goes on to claim that we try to justify our existence with our pleasures. This is where I disagree. I'm sort of a hedonist in a way. If things in life give you pleasure, joy, satisfaction, whether it be an accomplishment out of struggle, a cigarette, an orgasm, a cupcake, or marijuana, it doesn't matter. The sheer fact that things give us pleasure make life worth living and makes the whole process WORTH repeating.

In other words, been there, done that. I've been at the mountain top ready to jump off, I've been in the bar drinking 13 beers and crying to myself.

What I realized is that even though life is pretty much superficial and pointless to a large degree, there is still SOME good in it, or at least there are parts in it that outweigh what is bad.

He's probably had some major existential epiphany where he must come to grips with the meaning of his own life, but can't find it, so he's using his negative emotions to cloud his judgement over what is a completely neutral thing: life.

Life is what we make of it. It's up to US to make it good and worth doing. It's our responsibility.

Well it seems that some of you would like to make a joke out of this. I on the other hand was dead serious.

Fact is stranger than fiction. In other words, the real truth is so far beyond anything you could imagine that your head would explode if someone told you the truth.

Da Vinci code doesn't even come close to what's really going on behind closed doors.

You guys can laugh all you want but the illuminati does exist and the conspiracy is real (even if blown out of proportion by some)

Seriously man, plz be in an relationship before giving advice or saying like it is. You know your are my homie, but damn lol. When you talk about this subject, you sound like a food critic writing long reviews on food you've never eaten. It's something you have to experience and no book or people watching will ever prepare you for it.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley

Certain people will be put off by how curt and narrow-minded I am, but I have my reasons. I got no qualms clearing up misunderstandings with Marginal because I like Marginal. He's genuinely someone I can chat with and not have to worry about much. Why I liked Marginal's post was simply a like of "Oh I didn't know this side of you" and it's one with admiration. Granted my response may not seem like it, but I can assure you it's of no ill will. I just prefer to speak my mind most times and not beat around the bush. I ramble a ton, and some of it shouldn't be taken seriously.

When certain people get pissy and nitpicky of me, I reluctantly don't chat with them as much. I want to chat with them, but I'm already anticipating the amount of landmines I have to avoid in topics. I already know the topic about God is one of them. I could say things like things like "I know what to look for in a lady" and I can predict those stone throwing justifying peeps coming at my throat with "what makes you so high and mighty?". To that I respond, "How am I high and mighty? Have I offended you by just being confident in myself?"

One of my strengths that I know I have is just learning to trust God. That will always offend certain people to not being my friend, to which I say to some "you only know of lust and not love". When I saw Marginal's post, the gist of what it was warmed my heart a bit. I just got in lala land went all out because I ramble a ton haha. Apologies Marginal.

Nonetheless I guess the lady I'll end up marrying will probably be offended by all that I am, but boy do I love a woman who argues to understand me. That's what I look for in a lady. That's what's more important. It's masochistic to uncommitted idiots, but they insecure. My ideal lady is pretty lady who at least has reverence to God. Personality problems? That's what arguments are for to understand another. Hope this answers a bit.

Back