The Force Meter and Storyline

Clavaat

[08] Mercenary
So the Force. It's all around us. Jedi have the ability to control the force as they please, without limitation. Now, to me, it seems like this means the force meter is a falsifacation of the Star Wars Universe. Don't misunderstand, without a force meter, the SW characters would probably be a lot better (well...eh...kinda), however, where in the storyline do limitations on the Force occur? Does the SC Universe have no Force? I couldn't find an explanation anywhere, and it's been bothering me. SW Nerds...Assemble!

Well...Lucasarts always puts a Force meter in their SW games (And Lucas himself approves them), so I assume it's just there because it isn't practical to have an unlimited supply of it.

Imagine The Apprentice being able to continue his iFC 8K:A combo an infinite number of times, due to the lack of Force meter.

In StarWars, there are CLEARLY limitations to the force... not by how much they can use it, but my how powerful and how much they can use at a single time. Thats why you see some characters struggle when they try to lift a large object. They are not actually feeling the pressure of the weight of the object, they are feeling the presure of the amount of force required in a single moment to lift that object.

That being said... A NEW HOPE was the ONLY good Star Wars movie. Before anyone got RAPED BY MEDICLORIANS or the show turned into a crappy Jim Henson's MUPPET BABIES. And George Lucas ruined all the movies by making Darth Vader SING SOPRANO.

So the Force. It's all around us. Jedi have the ability to control the force as they please, without limitation.
I'm not really a SW nerd, but I believe the "without limitation" part is wrong. You know, hence all the jedi training and stuff. Obviously, a Force Meter doesn't literally translate from a jedi's power limit, but I think it does fine. I dunno, can jedi (or sith) go around using force all day without getting tired?

lucas arts puts force meters into there games because they dont want the controller relying on the "force" to win every battle for them. Thats why most of the time in star wars movies the jedi doesnt always rely on there abilities, you may see them do a force push or pull once or twice, and a force jump thats it.

Ok, I exaggerated the "without limits" part. But as Jaxel said, it would be on single objects, not something like a 5ish minute fight...

Also I haven't played any of the other games since I was like...8...I don't wanna bother because I know I'll be disappointed XD

Back