The Force Unleashed Demo

Discoprophet

[09] Warrior
So The Force Unleashed Demo came out on Live today, and this is a game I have been looking forward to for a while. After playing the demo though I was kind of unimpressed.

The controls felt really awkward and clunky, and it made using the force powers a lot less fun for me then it should have been. The combat in general was kind of slow and seemed really simple.

This was a game I had definately planned on buying, but after playing the demo I'm not so sure.

I'm on PS3 and I haven't seen the demo yet on PSN, but reading the responses I'm dissapointed. The game looked promising.

i've heard rumors that there was a chance the game could be a dud. I dunno, I always wait for reviews before I buy a game.

but if the game does wind up sucking i'll be crushed. I've been looking foreward to this game for too long

am i the only one thinking that sw:fu apprentice's face is dumb?i prefer the one in sc4

btw the game seem pretty fun..the way force is used is impressive..

I felt exactly the same. The movement felt weird, the targeting was annoying and the "stop" effect each time you hit with the lightsaber is horrible. I'd understand when you end a combo, but every hit...for a 4-hit combo...no way.

The dialogue at the very beginning made me chuckle. George Lucas as its finest.

I wasn't impressed by the videos, so I didn't expect much. A friend is going to buy it, so I will just get it when he's over and complete it for the sake of playing Star Wars.

What was the last good Star Wars game? Refresh my memory, guys.

You had to know this was gonna be mediocre at best.

Good Star Wars games:
Tie Fighter
X-Wing Alliance
Yoda Stories
Dark Forces
JK:A
Episode 1: Phantom Menace (seriously this game was awesome)
KotOR
KotOR2
Shadows of the Empire

@Kosh: Solid list, but you forgot SW: Battlefront 2. ;) Multiplayer on that was too good.

And yeah, what's with the omission of Rogue Squadron? :(

Pod Racer is old but it was a pretty badass game too. IPX multiplayer only though but there's Kali support. =/

I played the crap outta Rebel Assault 2 on the ps1 back in the day...i dont care that game was fun as hell back then...(i was also like...9)

And who could forget the star wars arcade game from like 10 years ago, That was the bee's knees back in the day

I agree.

Overall, the demo felt very umpolished.

Hopefully, all the kinks will be worked out before the full release.

Its bleh.
Camera blows
Targeting system is horrid
Saber attacks are useless.
Force grip could be better.
Overall a rent for me.
Looked Promising at first.

When I saw the gameplay movies I thought it looked way too arcade to be cool. However, while playing it a few times, it kind of grew onto me.

Still a lot of things wrong with it, but I probably will pick it up.

Back