The Future of SC

Why worry about SCV when SCIV has plenty of life in it? SCV will come around when NB is ready to make money from it.

Plus if you only play this game online, you will get tired of it and wish for SCVI. Doesn't matter if the game has more balance than Fox News, eventually you will get bored.

But the potential is there. Get out the house and play some folk. You kids are too content with playing online.

And SCIV is pretty balanced despite what others say.

But the potential is there. Get out the house and play some folk. You kids are too content with playing online.

And SCIV is pretty balanced despite what others say.

That's easy for someone with a community to say. Playing folk isn't so fun when the other person doesn't want to be anymore than a casual player.

That's easy for someone with a community to say. Playing folk isn't so fun when the other person doesn't want to be anymore than a casual player.

this is true....i love the game the way it is. But down here in TX....they're all into T6 right now....SC gatherings are hard to find nowadays...

Nah SCV will be a complete revamp of the series, with Zas, Asta, and Cervy being the only returning characters.(Asta as a cyborg and cervy via possession) Tekken's Yoshimitsu will also be present, with his SC movelist.

Next SC takes place in a distant future. the rest of the cast will be replaced n all new. I look forward to Maxi's replacement, a large breasted chick using gunchunks.

I hope they just add to the cast rather than taking away and swapping in new ones. Ivy will be different as always and oddly I'm ok with that (assuming she doesn't get the SC:BD treatment). Hope Rock and Mina get some serious loving and some new mechanics rather than just improving their moves. They have a short move list, I'd like to see new tools.

I also want to see step, vertical tracking, and steppable horizontals fixed. Step needs to be a lil bit better and we need the horizontals and verticals to make sense. B should not be the anti step button over A.

Ummm...Hilde should have 1 leg, an eye patch, and be on crutches...I might consider her balanced then.

They should really put forth the effort to make a GOOD tag team mode. It would really add a lot to the game and its appeal.

I just pray they don't go all apeshit on the casual crowd stuff like they tend to do and forget about glitch fixing, balance, and reliable online.

oh and the ability to use your own music...i hate SC music...soooo out of place for a fighter (flame on!)

I listen to shakahuchi and kodo music while playing. All voice over and game music off. Just sound affects and ancient Japanese music. ...but then, I'm a freak.

Nah SCV will be a complete revamp of the series, with Zas, Asta, and Cervy being the only returning characters.(Asta as a cyborg and cervy via possession) Tekken's Yoshimitsu will also be present, with his SC movelist.

Next SC takes place in a distant future. the rest of the cast will be replaced n all new. I look forward to Maxi's replacement, a large breasted chick using gunchunks.

Shit, if they put Bayonetta in there. it will be the first win for guest characters.

I'd say that Namco would have to be careful about adding chars. One of the issues with Tekken 6 (not really a flaw) is that the sheer amount of chars makes some things really gimmicky if you haven't seen it plenty. I'm sure that turns into depth in the long run, but there's only so much people can remember.

The important thing that has to be done is good netcode and good balance at mid-level and high-level play.

I think there are some chars in the series who could be cut though. SC4 had about the right number of chars (not counting the non-canon chars)

The beauty of SC is the weapons create a lot of room for unique new characters. Tekken only has limbs so you can only do so much. There are soo many weapons not yet used that I would love to see:

Sectioned Staff (2 stance character that can play like maxi/kilik)
Ball and Chain (lots of attack throws and big hits)
Sai (Fast character with lots of parry)
Fans (Lot of mix ups)
J-Swords (Attack grabs)
Hand Scythe (Not sure real name. One in each hand)
Blade Chain (Not sure real name. Basically a scythe on a chain that can be twirled)
Battle Axe

All those can create vastly new characters. And would all be welcomed.

The beauty of SC is the weapons create a lot of room for unique new characters. Tekken only has limbs so you can only do so much. There are soo many weapons not yet used that I would love to see:

Sectioned Staff (2 stance character that can play like maxi/kilik)
Ball and Chain (lots of attack throws and big hits)
Sai (Fast character with lots of parry)
Fans (Lot of mix ups)
J-Swords (Attack grabs)
Hand Scythe (Not sure real name. One in each hand)
Blade Chain (Not sure real name. Basically a scythe on a chain that can be twirled)
Battle Axe

All those can create vastly new characters. And would all be welcomed.

801_image_07.jpg

I would like the next SC game to get some pretty big changes. My main complaint with SC4 is that there is just not enough new stuff if you played SC3. 2 new characters+star war chars, CF system added, very small changes otherwise. Most characters got very few new moves to toy around with.

Back