The Guard Impact thread...

Does anyone have the exact frame data on advantage of GIs and how long each one is active?

Hopefully this is accurate. It seemed to work when I tested it (2P programmable stick, frame accurate when it behaves itself).

2P Taki A on frame1. 1P Taki 6+G on frames 3-8 gives GI. Frame 9 gives pGI.
//4G on frames 1-9 gives GI.
//A
//2P Taki B on frame1. 1P Taki 3+G on frames 8-13 gives GI. On f14 pGI.
//1+G on frames 6-14 gives GI.

What exactly are the frames given on GIs (both forms)? I've heard I get 20 frames with a forward GI but I have moves that are !14 getting blocked...yet a throw i17 is guaranteed...someone explain this to me. Also can you get anything off a back GI?

You're doing the i14 moves too slowly. GIs get 20 frames and JIs get 30. And no, nothing is generally guaranteed unless they're pushed into a wall or something.

Hopefully this is accurate. It seemed to work when I tested it (2P programmable stick, frame accurate when it behaves itself).

2P Taki A on frame1. 1P Taki 6+G on frames 3-8 gives GI. Frame 9 gives pGI.
//4G on frames 1-9 gives GI.
//A
//2P Taki B on frame1. 1P Taki 3+G on frames 8-13 gives GI. On f14 pGI.
//1+G on frames 6-14 gives GI.

So if i read this right, repels (6G, 3G) pGI on the 2nd and GI from the 3rd to the 8ths frame of it's duration.
And parrys (4G,1G) GI from the 2nd to the 10ths frame of their duration.
Right?

Another thing:
If you are hit during the active window of your GI but in the wrong zone (like a low against 6G) you get CH.
Taki's 2KK for example is a natural counter combo and you can't guard the 2nd attack if the 1st, low attack hits you in a high GI. Same goes for all NCCs i tested.

It's called guard impact counter. It has the same effect like any counter but doesn't give additional damage bonus for the first hit like attack counter or the other counters.
For me it's a reason to also use high/low post GI mix-ups. To land NCCs like Taki's KKK or :3::3:_:9::9::A:::B:::B:::B:

Im rather confused about that myself, I'm pretty sure 6G JIs on frame 2 and GIs till frame 8 with parry simply lasting 3 frames longer.

/edit/ Yeah sorry that was supposed to read ...lasting 2 frames longer.

Yeah it's fuzzy i hate math >_<
So repel till frame 8, but according to his data parry is only 2 frames longer.
Sound's pretty well-founded.

Back