The Official Shin Megami Tensei Thread

Best P4 resource on the 'net:

http://persona4.wikidot.com/

Though I do think the chart/FAQ on GF is easier to read when trying to figure out fusions.

*squeal* you my hero!

Hay, was anyone disappointed with the way Kamui (Kintoki-Douji's evolution) looked? When I saw it I couldn't help but laugh, I though: "Did Kintoki-Douji decide to see what would happen if he shove the rocket up his ass?"

Kintoki-Douji looked amazing. Plus, tomahawk missile! Kamui is just... *sigh*.

I kind of liked Persona 3 better because I actually knew most of the casts persona. I'm just really unfamiliar with japanese myths and things like that. I fail at being an Atlus fan.

Kintoki-Douji looked amazing. Plus, tomahawk missile! Kamui is just... *sigh*.

I kind of liked Persona 3 better because I actually knew most of the casts persona. I'm just really unfamiliar with japanese myths and things like that. I fail at being an Atlus fan.

IIRC, P3 had a little booklet of all the persona's profile's (I was creeped out to know that one of the persona raped people)... does P4 have this too because I can find it

P4 has a small section in the end of the instruction booklet that dips lightly into the myth behind each of the main cast's Personas.

I don't own a legitimate copy of Persona 4, so I guess I am missing out. The Doublejump Games strategy guide does the base Persona but does not get into the evolutions at all.

Yoooooo so who can hook me up with the Books that this series is based on?

books that are based on the persona series or the ones that follow the lore of the megaten series as a whole?
I actually have some persona manga that are based on 3 and I actually bought these books that are all in Japanese that seem to have something to do with Nocturne I just can't read it -_-

Here's a fun question to ask everyone:

Whats the best persona you've ever made? Weather it be from P3(FES), or P4.

Mine most impressive was:

Succubus with Invigorate 1, 2, and 3, Maragidyne, Agidyne, mind charge, Mamudoon, and Mudo Boost.

Succubus with Invigorate 1, 2, and 3, Maragidyne, Agidyne, mind charge, Mamudoon, and Mudo Boost.

My endgame Persona for FES was Melchizedek with 99 STR, Akasha Arts, Power Charge, Fist Master, and Mediarahan just for the hell of it.

My Succubus in P4 had Invigorate 3, Cool Breeze, and Spirit Drain. I never ran out of SP.

Can things like Counter and High Counter stack? meaning if i had them both in one personas move list I would have a 30% chance of countering?

Also, I decided to give Yukiko the Chakra ring... she went form excellent to unstoppable.

Counter and High Counter do not stack, only the higher level skill has an effect.

Hmm, best personae...

P3:FES - Lucifer (no surprise here) with Black Viper, Absorb Ice, and Die For Me! on top of naturally learned Victory Cry, Spellmaster, and Megidolaon. Though a uber-healer Kohryuu and a 4-element Loki (all the 'Dynes) with Mind Charge were the 2 to actually carry me through the endgame/final boss the first time.

I'm actually on the path to fusing Lucifer as we speak.. I am in the True Ending dungeon now. It's funny because a few of the skills you list actually do not carry over to new Persona in 4, or at least Black Viper(Satan Only) and Die For Me!(Alice Only), meaning you have to make do. It's also a really fucking retarded fusion.

I can say that the final boss in Persona 4 is as per usual a battle of resources, as it's two separate fights back to back. I actually used Kohryu for the final boss, Mind Charge + Ziodyne with Zio Amp on him, with Chie running Power Charge + God Hand and Teddie and Yukiko taking turns between healing and attacking. Went quick that way.

Yeah, I wonder why Atlus decided to go with a lot more non-inheritable skills in this one... guess it's to make the high level Personae more unique.

Anyways just beat the game (saw both the good and true endings)! I basically used the Juniors for the entire final dungeon and boss. I had been using Sraosha for most of the Dec. dungeon, but for the last fight I ran Loki (spamming Bufudyne and Niflheim towards the end) whenever I wasn't using Trumpeter to keep Debilitate up. Yukiko healed every turn we took damage, Chie Power Charged/God Handed, and Yosuke Garudyne'd (Wind Amp + Boost = win). It went down pretty quick, I only had to use 1 Soma as opposed to 6 like with P3's final boss, heh.

But yeah, fantastic game. I'm kind of too sleepy ATM to be coherent and articulate exactly why it was so fantastic... But I'm definitely looking forward to my second playthrough.

Thank you, Atlus, for bringing me back to C-RPGs. :P

The hardest one I've made in P3:FES was Lilith with Maragidyne, Mabufudyne, Maziodyne, Magarudyne, and Null Light. Plus morphed her Megidola into Megidolaon.

My favorite has to be my Mara from FES. It had Pralaya, Fire Boost, Fire Amp, Maralagidyne, Power Charge, Absorb Ice, Victory Cry, Tetrakarn and max stats. Honestly, it wasn't that hard to make (just a lot of planning and skill shuffling). I was obsessed with making him uber, and that's just what I did, lol.

I have another redundant question: When reading, what is the difference between glancing through and reading thoroughly?

Glancing through lets you finish the book in 2 readings instead of 4, and I think it might give you slightly more stat points per reading. I'm not sure how much more, but mixing the two won't give more than reading thoroughly 4 times.

Glancing through and reading thoroughly give you the same number of points each time. So, always reading thoroughly will give you more points per book. This is especially useful because some books give more points than others, but it means that it will take you longer to read a different book.

Loli: OMG, Mara. xD I thought some of the other Persona designs were sketchy enough with crotch horns and whatnot, and then... I fused him one day in FES and yeah... ^^; His skillset is considerably less interesting in P4 than it was in FES though.

Random question for you all! What did everyone name their MCs (in P3/FES or P4)? Your own name? The manga names?

FES: Kuroda Toshiro
P4: Kuroda Renji

What can I say? I like the ring of old samurai clan names. Was funny to see that the Death S.Link lady's name was the same... Toshiro basically fit the idea that the MC is better at everything than everyone else, and Renji because it was my second Persona game.

Yeah, I'm a nerd. >.>

I use the manga names for the MC, so in P3 it's Minato Arisato, and in P4 it's Souji Seta.

Back