The Ring Out Thread

What do you think about ring outs?

• Total voters
Ring outs are super cheap end of story. How can you kill me when I still have life? Fight like a man. I like to make no ringout rooms online so cheap get kicked if they cheat

Anyone got any interesting Ring Out stories?

LOL YES!!!

One time I was trolling this noob online with siegfried's over toss, I would go to the edge, and tea bag..... then he'd attack me, and I'd overtoss him out of the ring!

Then next round started, I backed to the edge... he ran in for a baseball slide... I blocked it, he low guarded thinking I would overtoss, then instead I used siegfried's B poke which flips you over his head.... xDD RING OUT!

3rd round starts, I back to the edge, he goes in, I low guard, he hits me with some launcher and I go flying out of the arena... THEN HE TEABAGS ME!!

xDD I laughed so hard!

I had a computer Natsu ring herself out trying to air grab me out of PO. I laughed so damn hard cause when she was about to be rung out again in the last match, I tried to save her with 6B8 BE but I missed. xD

I think ring outs are fair, but I prefer to avoid them because they are still annoying. I just pick a stage with all walls to avoid the problem whenever I get a chance.

I think ring outs are fair, but I prefer to avoid them because they are still annoying. I just pick a stage with all walls to avoid the problem whenever I get a chance.
And that is why you are part of the problem, you casual pleb.

I just tell people to get out of my lobby or go whine to Daishi Hoshino on Twitter.
If it's in the game, it's meant to be used.

(Meanwhile at Mahvel...)

And that is why you are part of the problem, you casual pleb.
Cry me a river. If I have a choice, I avoid them, if you are picking the stage, then I have no problem with playing on a ringout stage.

Robert: I have no problem with playing on yhe stages and I never complain, I just have a preference when it comes to stage choices.

EDIT: You know what else is part of the game? One of the players choosing a stage. You don't like that and think it should be random every time? Too bad, casual pleb.

Last edited:
I'm not even complaining that ring outs are bad, I just voiced my opinion that I don't like them and got attacked, and I think everyone here knows that MvC3 is broken lol.

MY honest opinion is Ring Outs are pretty cheap... =P And for me it's the only thing I get mad about other than a laggy connection... But I can't really bash Ring Outs completely because I've pulled off some crazy comebacks with a ring out, and they saved my life! ><;;

Hilde was a prime example of why Ring Outs were "OP" because she had a aerial combo that had insane knock back priorities, but the damage itself wasn't very high. Thus she was labeled borderline broken... I think it gets frustrating only when you get caught in mid-level combos (think Patrol BE combo + CE) which it'll carry you pretty far!

What it really comes down to is, if I got ringed out, I did something dumb or wasn't paying that close of attention to stay away from the edges, so you have to blame yourself a bit for it...

fall before the flag of cheapkrone!

If someone wins with a RO when the opponent had a life lead that's a pretty good strategy, assuming that was the plan, for me I might get annoyed if it happens to me but if I was dumb enough to fall for it, that's my fault but I definetly wouldn't let an opportunity like that pass by me. I'm in it to have fun and to win, and if a RO helps then that's GENIUS!

If someone wins with a RO when the opponent had a life lead that's a pretty good strategy, assuming that was the plan, for me I might get annoyed if it happens to me but if I was dumb enough to fall for it, that's my fault but I definetly wouldn't let an opportunity like that pass by me. I'm in it to have fun and to win, and if a RO helps then that's GENIUS!

Instead of ring outs we should randomly have parts of the level that shoot lazer beams that insta-kill you!

That way it can be more random, but it's up to you to get away from the glowing floor panels!!! We'll rename the game Marvel vs Capcom 4, SDE (Sudden Death Edition), which is only slightly different from MvC3, lol!

Instead of ring outs we should randomly have parts of the level that shoot lazer beams that insta-kill you!

That way it can be more random, but it's up to you to get away from the glowing floor panels!!! We'll rename the game Marvel vs Capcom 4, SDE (Sudden Death Edition), which is only slightly different from MvC3, lol!

Does MvC have those? I didnt play MvC3 o:

EDIT:
So funny RO story, I was going against this one guy and it wasnt going very well for the first round and then I throw him with Damps B throw (spankings) and Ring him out, the new 2 rounds I don't grab him again for a RO except I do ring him out in the 2nd round by doing Damps 33B (BE)~66K and the last round I do the B!E! over the edge and he falls to his doom, I did get some fun rage mail out of it.

Last edited:
Wow, and someone had the nerve to said this to me.

"Pretty sad that the only way you can win is to ring out."

I had the greatest comeback ever, and the asshole message me I was cheap for using a ring out after the match.That comment affect my gameplay later on, I think ring out are OK and unique for Soul Calibur.

Back