The Siegfried Q & A thread

I suppose one could consider me using any lows at all lag tactics.
Not all lows are lag. 1K is legit. 1K on NH into a mix-up isn't legit. 1K on CH into a mix-up isn't legit. You can probably 1A as a poke too. I could be wrong, but I personally can not seem to block it on reaction when I play Gazer offline.

So how do you know this guy is "advanced"?

heh well while hes fully capable of winning, he requires alot of technical thought proccess, especially in the department of reverse mixup. you have to think a few steps ahead. on top of that hes a very complex character who has to use most of his moves to win - each move serves a different purpose and fits a different niche for a different situation. its more or less about developing your own ability to adapt. don't worry, you'll get it down quick once you get started, and you'll notice a significant increase in fluidity in your play style.

Sieg is pretty good if you're Pantocrator from France:). You might learn some things by watching his replays on YT, specifically his world tournament at NEC. He was telling me that when SC4 first came out everyone thought Siegfried was overpowering, but over time his weaknesses shown through the cracks and Sieg became what we know today. Zasalamel also faced a similar fate once his frame data was exposed and debunked. Suddenly many of his options became too risky, but you’ll be hardpressed to find Omega sweating. These characters with massive weapons are cool from far away until I realized that they suffer from a lack of quick natural AA or BB combos that many of the other characters can reliably fall back on. It is this pool of general safety that characters like Ivy, Cass, Xianghua, and Amy can crawl back into when the elements of the battle field become too harsh.

I think it's very interesting at the difference of how someone plays Sieg when they first start out opposed to when they've gotten a lot better. It's almost like night and day in the change from clunky to fluid and streamlined he becomes.

Back