The Top 10

auronsoul

[08] Mercenary
I created this on the Yoshi thread, the other character I want to learn, and it really helps when trying to learn a new character. Now I have no idea what moves to try and use with him or what style so if there could be any explanation behind the moves as well that would be awesome, thanks guys.

A, A. (Obvious)
B, B. (Obvious)
2K, bA+B+K, B. (Decent damage, KNDs, 1low you should use imo)
6B series(6B, 6B2, 6B:2, 6B8.)
3B.(Launcher. 236B guarenteed)
CE. (Combo ender, whiff punisher. Can RO and w!)
Grabs. (Obvious)
4B.(Stepback vertical that KNDs and (I think) ROs.
22_88B. (Just a nice tool.)
236B series(236B, 236bbA+B+K, 236)(First 2 for combos, 3rd for guard damage.)

4KB seems quite good.

Advances far for whiff punishment, has great range for punishing things with pushback, knocks down, and is safe on block.

right now
top 10 ( with no order )
- 2KB
- 3B ,BE
- 4B
- 33B
- FC 1B
- 22 A
- 6B , 6B8 , 6B2
- 4K,B

I have quite possibly the most retarded top 10 moves list of any SC player ever, so feel free to ignore me.

2A - I don't like close range unless it's my own oki or pressure going. This helps in that aspect.
kB - I use this as a ranged punish, and something inside me thinks the way it looks makes the opponent "obedient" because the move is called Obedience wot wot
Mist A+B - With mist B and B+K keeping my opponent pressured, this move is a great way to add guard crush for me, as well as the awesome guard impart aspect.
8_7_9A+B -¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1A,B - I use this to help me start a pressure/tech trap/mixup game.
66_99_33BB - The first hit is an awesome launcher, and with the second hit, acts as a tech trap and keeps the opponent guessing if you will go for it or not.
6B series - Just a great set of pokes, very fast and decent range, and the up version is VERY fast, good keepaway.
2k, A+B+K, B - My go-to low attack.
B+K - Just one of my favorite moves all around. I use its range well as a poke, reminiscent of my Vega in SF, so I'm fond of it.
4B[6] - I use this to evade and attack if I expect a fast poke or throw coming.

2KB* - Beats step, non-techable KD, lots of dmg, great oki.
33_99K - fast TJ with lots of adv on hit and -2 on block. Combo on CH.
236B - good punisher for -16 or/and punishing wiffed high moves.
3B - best launcher, which can be made safe on reaction with BE.
4B - Very good evasion with a lot of dmg on hit, almost impossible to punish on block.
WS A - uninterruptible after 2A on hit, covers step completely, safe and good adv on hit.
33_99B - good for punishing wiffs, semi-safe on guard. 66BB version can be used to punish big unsafes that leave you far away on block.
66A - good to stop step and leads to combos on CH
FC 1BB - detectable CH bait that leads to a lot of damage
6A - a very fast step killing poke with huge adv on hit and -2 on guard.

Lets see here...for the moment,

4B. Like Belial said, good for evasion. I also use it as one poke.
3B. Great launcher.
236B. BE version is even better.
2K BE B. I have a feeling this is gonna be one of his top moves in the future.
66A
33B/33B. Punish whiff, occasional zone
2K/2KB
FC 1B/1BB
6B series. 6B8 especially for being fast and dealing solid damage.

4B - Very good evasion with a lot of dmg on hit, almost impossible to punish on block.
WS A - uninterruptible after 2A on hit, covers step completely, safe and good adv on hit.
33_99B - good for punishing wiffs, semi-safe on guard. 66BB version can be used to punish big unsafes that leave you far away on block.
66A - good to stop step and leads to combos on CH
6A - a very fast step killing poke with huge adv on hit and -2 on guard.

what combos can you do after 66A?

I'm surprised to see no 4A here, it has so much more range than 66A, and is only -4 on block with pushback. On block it's pretty much risk free. I find myself using it once every three or four moves.

With that insane range, tracking and safety, I'd put it as his #1 move, but it's in nobody's top 10? why?

yup I found that it's a good move since sc2, can track well and long reach. if they block it and you go into MST you are only -2, MST BBB or the B series will beat most of the moves since MST B is 9 so 11f total. If they block you can do mix ups low or mid. I say it's top 3 moves of mitsurugi's.

MST AB will auto evade 1 attack just like SC2? anything different for that move in sc5? prolly hard to connect with that huh? evade and then hit them...but if you hit you can do 3B and go for a big juggle!

Belial thanks for the 66A combo!

6B2 - best okizeme tool
4A - great range and covers step, good on block
6B9 - best poke and good punisher.

New list :)

Same here, 1A and 11A still gets some play for me, but the second someone proves that they can block and hurt me I never use it on that person again. I do need to use 6B2 more, my low game is mainly 2Kb and throws

new list!
  • 6B series - steppable, but all three (even the JF) are so fucking good.
  • 33B~B - launches higher than 66B, better than 3B.
  • 4B - stops absolutely every short range move.
  • 33K - fast TJ, KD on CH for combo, good random mid to throw out.
  • CE - guaranteed after most KDs. if close enough, tech catches for 60 dmg. use the slight dash from 236 if not.
  • 8WR A+B - you should already use this move often. -2 on block, cancels, oki, etc.
  • 236B series - nerfed range from IV. (B) version is -2 on block, w/ high guard burst dmg.
  • 6A/4A/22A/236A - step killers. I use 4A the most.
  • FC 1BB - duck & punish. -12 & -8 on block = safe enough.
  • 2KB BE - oh yeaaaaaaaaa

No real order, but this is my top ten Move set
Mist K, B- Love to use in wake up and mix up
7,8,9, A+B-huge damage on counter hit and kills aggressive players
4 B- another great move that kills over aggressive players, plus only 7 blocks before guard burst
2 K, ABK, B- love this move, great punisher, and to end matches
3B-my favorite launcher.
Mist A+B-love to use to apply pressure, plus I always follow it up with 2A
Mist Throws- love to use this move, seems a lot of players first instinct is to block when mist is up in their face.
44 A+B - kills side steppers, and dishes out hella health
4 A 6- great mist transition
And my all-time favorite.
Guard Impact, A+B- this move is deadly. Master this move and it keeps everyone you play honest. 69 damage, stronger then his CE, and coconnects everytime with successful guard impact

4B - the answer to short range rushdowns
4A - safe, fast high horizontal, and good transition to mist
4KB - a safer mid than 3B or 33B on block, also rings out, good damage, sets up oki
2KB BE - because, you know
3B - solid launcher
33B - solid launcher, hits grounded, and you can delay a second B if you want, which will catch some people
66A+B - strong mid, deceptively long range, hits grounded, can be cancelled for mind game, safe on block
6B series - solid, deceptive pokes
AA and BB - obvious - both first hits can be cancelled (I haven't really come up for much of a use for this fact yet)
236B - followup to launchers, BE sets up CE, can be done from crouch

Honourable mentions

WS A
FC 1BB
CE
And finally, 11BA6 - when at range, I find a lot of people will walk into the second hit after the first one whiffs for a CH. If so, you get huge combos like MST B BE, B+K, 236 CE. It also safe on block.

Back