The Way of the Ninja; Taki Combos

Hello Taki crew, what's the easiest way to combo into her CE? I've seen it mentioned you can do 6B+K combos into it but haven't had luck with that yet. You can use her A+B break attack to combo into it, just saw in training mode. Hopefully she has something easier to combo into it like Sophitia for example.

The only ways I've seen so far:

A+B > Super

and any combo leading into 6[B+K] where you end up back-turned. E.g.:

CH 4BB > 6[B+K] > Super
CH 22_88A > 6BB > 6[B+K] > Super

In general though I feel Taki Ce isnt meant to be used in combos with the invisibillity she gets. Though the SC counter to it makes you be more weary throwing it out on neutral but my guess is it was designed to go though attacks and not for combos

Easier to time the 6[B+K] if you do A+B,A

If you do the A, you lose the benefit of the frame trap. A+B gives you a free throw 50/50 or WR K counter-hit attempt. Doing A+B raw is hit confirmable too, so the A is more of a detriment tbh. The trick to timing 6[B+K] is to do it late af, like when they hit the ground do it. It's crazy how long you can wait and still get it to combo, but it's a blessing for hit confirms.

In general though I feel Taki Ce isnt meant to be used in combos with the invisibillity she gets. Though the SC counter to it makes you be more weary throwing it out on neutral but my guess is it was designed to go though attacks and not for combos

It takes some combos from 80 damage to 100+. There are times when meter expenditure is necessary to secure a kill, just like in any game.

This isnt a guaranteed combo. Opponent can avoid the last 6KK part.
For LH 66B i use: 3B~BK~K~A>66K - 70 dmg and seems consistent. Any better ideas?
It's consistent indeed, trying it at this very moment. RO potencial if no AC applied. Also trying 44B as an ender, deals 67dmg but the execution window seems to be more lenient (or it might be my impression), and it leaves Taki facing the opponent, which is great to keep applying pressure with A+B for example. Any further thoughts on this?

As AndorDrakon posted above, the LH 44B combo is consistent. Now I'm trying using 4KA~POS as an ender. Even if ACed, 4KA will hit, and if the enemy ACs any where but back, back left or back right, you can get a free POS B before they get the chance to ukemi. Seems escapable with AC, but considering this combo carries the opponent a long way thru the arena, AC back in any direction could result in an auto RO. So I guess it is another layer of the mind-games we can play with Taki. Still labbing though, will get back with more ASAP.

If you do the A, you lose the benefit of the frame trap. A+B gives you a free throw 50/50 or WR K counter-hit attempt. Doing A+B raw is hit confirmable too, so the A is more of a detriment tbh. The trick to timing 6[B+K] is to do it late af, like when they hit the ground do it. It's crazy how long you can wait and still get it to combo, but it's a blessing for hit confirms.

Weird. Pretty sure I tried A+B into WR K, and Groh could 2A before I could hit him last night.

Weird. Pretty sure I tried A+B into WR K, and Groh could 2A before I could hit him last night.

WS BB is 12f and WS K is 16 iirc. Basically if you don't want to be interrupted by any buttons whatsoever, use WS BB, it beats everything except stepping/GI.

Because A+B forces your opponent into a crouch state on block, people that mash A/B get a while standing move, and your WS K is fast enough to beat that. As long as you know the strengths and weaknesses of the frame trap you should be good.

WS BB is 12f and WS K is 16 iirc. Basically if you don't want to be interrupted by any buttons whatsoever, use WS BB, it beats everything except stepping/GI.

Because A+B forces your opponent into a crouch state on block, people that mash A/B get a while standing move, and your WS K is fast enough to beat that. As long as you know the strengths and weaknesses of the frame trap you should be good.

Ok that makes perfect sense :) Thanks for your answer ! Kinda hard to work on frame traps without actual frame data (I miss FuturePress guides so much !), and testing every possibility in training mode with the dummy takes a lot of time (but no way around that for the moment).

Long time no see My friends :)

2_8B+K,A, A:6,B+K,B,B,B (if first A hit from the side) - 75pkt dmg
CH 2B~A4, PO B~A - 29pkt dmg
4BA4 (A on CH) PO throw (back throw) - its possible even without wall, 68pkt dmg
LH PO B+K, 6B,B, 6[B+K], BT B+K - 85pkt dmg
LH A+B,A4, PO A+B, 6K,K - 88pkt dmg

Back