The Weight Loss Thread

So I was able to gain about 7 lbs in December (not sure where it went) and I really focused on keeping my waist small. I don't really see a physical difference but the scale doesn't lie, I guess.

Whichever one of you guys told me to "not be afraid to put on a little fat" inspired me a little bit. I just ate whatever and then worked a little harder to shed the extra fat I was putting on.

So I was able to gain about 7 lbs in December (not sure where it went) and I really focused on keeping my waist small. I don't really see a physical difference but the scale doesn't lie, I guess.

Whichever one of you guys told me to "not be afraid to put on a little fat" inspired me a little bit. I just ate whatever and then worked a little harder to shed the extra fat I was putting on.

I hate you. I hate you so much. But seriously I need to work out, I put on 18 pounds since september. Of fat.

I was dangerously underweight last March after I got mono... I was already skinny before that and then I lost another 20 lbs in two weeks. It's taken me almost a year to gain that back. I'm going to eat up a storm this month and see what happens.

Daaang! It's been a hot min' since I been to my thread.

Well y'all... I flat out failed with what I had been doing using that fad diet from earlier, but I haven't given up. I recently, maybe just 2 weeks ago, started up on a more balanced diet and exercise routine. Progression? It's the slow kind... Goal is to lose 1.5 to 2 pounds a week, eventually getting to my target goal of 170lbs. It'll take 3 months-plus but that's actually rather fast. I was at 198lbs two weeks ago. I'm at 194lbs as of today.

It's been easier on my stomach which is a plus and over all I feel... "healthier". And, honestly, as I do it, I feel like I'm accomplishing what I have to. I have the help of an online 'planner' that tracks my daily caloric intake and keeps a record or of the foods I eat often. It also records and calculates calories burned during my exercises. It has progress charts and notices that are sent to my e-mail. So far, I feel confident about this approach. I'll keep y'all posted.

Oh and Playboy.... I hate you, dog. Straight up... Nah, I'm playing, but good for you, homie.

Yea eating the right amount of calories and putting the good type of fats, carbs, and proteins can actually make you lose weight even if you eating more. Cause besides calories taken in the biggest form of weight loss comes from metabolism, and not eating enough can lower it dramatically.

I have been sticking to my routines and I guess I can post a pic so far of where i'm at, here me right now!

2drq68.jpg

I said I wasn't gonna do shirtless pics yet, meh oh well, I still have two weeks before my big comparison.

Great job, Shogun. For how long you do p90x now? I'm gonna start again next week, I've got 1,5 months left to surgery and I actually gained weight... my plan has failed, I wanted to be approx 10-12 % BF by June, I think I'm 20+ now .___.

Well I can't say exact date but I will be doing it for a year by the second week of July so....about 9 months? I'm gonna post my day 1 to what I am later to show the comparison.

People who haven't seen me in months don't recognize me at all, even people who see me on a daily basis just can't believe it.

Y'all P90X'ers is hyyype. Psych' naw... Shogun, you are so right. My diet now is like this: I eat what I want so I'm not eliminating anything but I've limited how much I eat based on calories. My limit is 1,202-1,454 per day, average 1,328. Now of course, I could eat junk and get those calories, but that would mess with my metabolism which I want to increase and I would lack energy if I did so, so instead I choose healthier foods most of the time. I drink about 64 ounces of water a day, and I run/jog/walk 3.5 miles a day. This morning for example I ate eggs, ham, toasted wheat bread w/ butter, and a grapefruit. Total was 426 calories. So now I'll eat a snack 2 hours before lunch, then lunch, and all that jazz... y'know what I'm talkin' 'bout.

I'm not hungry which is like a big part of it too. Keeps me honest. The fad diet I was on last year, dude... I was craving, man. I would end up breaking my diet almost all the time so you know it wasn't making any difference. This way is easier. I just gotta look at the label and punch that in the planner and keep track. It does take some discipline but I just wanna be healthier and lose weight.

Oh, congrats on being on the X for 9 months! I'll be on to check your thread to see that difference with the pics. (No homo) It does motivate me even though I'm not using P90X.

Just did 4 miles in an 1h10m meaning I burned around 391 calories. Which's slightly higher than the goal for the day. Feels good.

I wouldn't trust those online calorie burn calculators, same goes for those built-in to treadmills, stationary bikes etc, none of them are reliable from what I know.

I wouldn't trust those online calorie burn calculators, same goes for those built-in to treadmills, stationary bikes etc, none of them are reliable from what I know.

I feel you but I take it being that it's from WebMD it might be somewhat credible. It's all based on averages. I'm supposed to burn at least 367 calories a day with exercise. Now to find out how much I burn personally, the equation's kinda long so I go by averages. Walking 3.5 mph on a low average burns, with level ground and at a brisk pace, 300+. I run at least half the time, so I know I had to do more than the average. Plus at my age, it's easier to burn calories so the 391 is a average which I'm confidant I do more than, but it's just like a "rule of thumb". So I don't really 'trust' it but I'm not cheating myself, gotta have something written down to see how I'm doing. Pictures are good too. Which I ain't done yet, but should.

Yeah, how much you burn is not only based on your current weight but also age, metabolism, hear rate during exercise etc.There are many variables to take into account. Those calculators can give you some idea how much you could be burning but most of them are far from being accurate ;) I know most people praise Bodybugg, it's one of the few reliable calculators out there (e.g they use it in Biggest Loser show) but it's very expensive...

Back