The Wonderfull World Of The Brothers Grimm

office.gif

Awesome work *-*
I can see a clear image of every char you made and they really look like the one in the story grim great job^^

These are amazing!
I adore your Cinderella creation the most. Very nice usage of special equipment, as well as the pattern. That's one of the modern patterns, right?

Rumplestiltskin is awesome, such great use of the limited tools available on CaS.
I like the way you texture items as you've done with Maleficent's skirt. Nice use of the bird sticker as well.
The backstories for Sleeping Beauty and Snow White were great.
And wow, Cinderella's design is so striking - the glass effects genuinely look amazing and the texture adds so much. Modern 15 looks better than I imagined it would!
Bravo for combining a dress with giant metal pauldrons on The Evil Queen. The stickers make it look natural. And the young/old juxtaposition is very eerie.
The overall image of the Huntsman is so good, it makes him look like he should be part of the SCV cast!

So in conclusion... Wow!

These are amazing!
I adore your Cinderella creation the most. Very nice usage of special equipment, as well as the pattern. That's one of the modern patterns, right?

Yeah its the snowflake pattern. I'm so glad you like it I was worried that it was looking too pattern heavy

Rumplestiltskin is awesome, such great use of the limited tools available on CaS.
I like the way you texture items as you've done with Maleficent's skirt. Nice use of the bird sticker as well.
The backstories for Sleeping Beauty and Snow White were great.
And wow, Cinderella's design is so striking - the glass effects genuinely look amazing and the texture adds so much. Modern 15 looks better than I imagined it would!
Bravo for combining a dress with giant metal pauldrons on The Evil Queen. The stickers make it look natural. And the young/old juxtaposition is very eerie.
The overall image of the Huntsman is so good, it makes him look like he should be part of the SCV cast!

So in conclusion... Wow!

Its hard to feel down when I read comments like this :) I'm always thankfull for your positve input :)
I have to say that the hunter is going to stay on as perminent character in my collection so i'm glad you like him

Its hard to feel down when I read comments like this :) I'm always thankfull for your positve input :)
I have to say that the hunter is going to stay on as perminent character in my collection so i'm glad you like him
Back at ya.
I know what you mean - when you spend hours on tiny details (like I'll sometimes take ages on tiny things like choosing between two near-identical colours), it's so rewarding when people notice the details and compliment them.

Great characters! Especially Maleficent. Your use of stickers, colors and patterns combined with your quirky but not over-the-top aesthetic vision make for some stunning creations.​

Great characters! Especially Maleficent. Your use of stickers, colors and patterns combined with your quirky but not over-the-top aesthetic vision make for some stunning creations.​

Thank you so much, I always try to transfere my hand drawn aesthetic to my soul calibur creations, so I'm so glad that people like my work and see I have a defanate style

I see a LOT of fairy tale characters both in forums and online, but you have blown them all out of the water. Not a single one looks poorly done, half-assed, or unoriginal.

I honestly haven't come across many but I new I wasn't going to do them in the typical disney way.
Thanks so much for the compliment

To be fair I don't like this as much as your previous works, as always I like the creepy style and the designs itself but they don't look at all like they are suposed to be.

I mean, in Wonderland thread, for example, I see Alice or the Queen of Hearts and I know is Alice and the Queen of Hearts, without you telling me.

But here...you tell me that is the sleeping beauty or Cindrerella and I'll say..."ok, but if you say so". But they don't transmit the Cindrerella or sleeping beauty feeling at all.

To be fair I don't like this as much as your previous works, as always I like the creepy style and the designs itself but they don't look at all like they are suposed to be.

I mean, in Wonderland thread, for example, I see Alice or the Queen of Hearts and I know is Alice and the Queen of Hearts, without you telling me.

But here...you tell me that is the sleeping beauty or Cindrerella and I'll say..."ok, but if you say so". But they don't transmit the Cindrerella or sleeping beauty feeling at all.

I actually like the fact that it's not always obvious. If he went for a typical Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella, they'd just look like regular recreations rather than original concepts based on stuff everyone knows about.
Brothers Grimm fairytales are really overused, so I think these CaS required a bit more uniqueness to prevent them from falling into a generic recreations category.

I guess I'm just judging the characters as though they're all originals but with inspiration from concepts that exist.

Back