The Yoshi matchup thread.

RE: Taki

For me, Yoshi's biggest tool in this matchup is going to be a:B+K and MCF. Her two main options from PO (PO A and PO K) are both highs and since both a:B+K and MCF tech crouch and are hella fast, it'll be easy to fish for counter hits during these mix ups. If you're having trouble with these just frames, you can just duck and punish with FC 2B, 2K, or even FC 3K for oki opportunity. Any Taki with half a brain will start throwing PO B into the mix, but it's hella steppable in this game.

For people who just don't want to deal with PO pressure at all, just pay attention to which strings your opponent uses to go into PO. If a Taki is doing BA into PO, you can duck the A and punish from there. This is all basic information, but there's definitely opportunities to get in damage in this matchup if you just look for them. Just don't get caught up in trying to block every little string she throws at you because with how much she got nerfed, she'll definitely be fishing around for CFs like crazy. Stop that shit before she even gets a chance to get started.

take that shit to PMs

I'm getting messed up by Cass, any tips on approaching safely into that EDF range?

Mind your business.... Its an open forum, people get so upset when they see a stray remark or two well thats how forums go... sorry pal

Sorry fo thsi cra pguys. but I have fought some more with yoshi. And I have fought some new chaarcters with him. It's seem like Maxi it not much of a hard oen for him. With very close range game. Yoshi can streamroll him in less than a min.

Nope Maxi, 2A eats him alive all day... follow up 2A with another 2A or FC 3K into mixup hes done... also 3AB interupts some of his strings as well

Mind your business.... Its an open forum, people get so upset when they see a stray remark or two well thats how forums go... sorry pal
A stray remark (or ELEVEN).

Maxi's just an issue of learning what he's doing. All his strings are easy to read and then punish. Just watch that low/high(?) double kick he has.

A stray remark (or ELEVEN).

Maxi's just an issue of learning what he's doing. All his strings are easy to read and then punish. Just watch that low/high(?) double kick he has.

yes haha i hate that fucking kick online.... and i'm just a stray remark kinda guy what can i say ? :)

Does anyone else have a hell of a time beating lizardman when he is in his stance (I don't know what its called) I can't seem to think of anything that is fast enough to punish him that will somehow even manage to hit him before I am turned into reptile food.

Back