Theory Calibur/Go to DEV/Like This Post Thread

how do you differentiate a good player from a scrub? it's easy, I'll brake it down. A scrub sucks, a good player doesn't. End of slide. That was easy, summarized in a phrase instead of 3 pages
Very impressive. The criteria here is impossible to misinterpret in any way.

Meh. Mr. Ivy guy has a point.

Some new guy Chaos came and left this forum. He couldn't understand how everyone still thinks I'm better despite him beating me 16-3. Lololol.

Okay, don't get me wrong, Thugish told me you'd probably be the best Canadian player right now if you didn't take a break, but I'm wondering the logic behind this. I mean, I can understand the whole Chaos using Algol thing to an extent, but is there something else I'm missing behind this logic?

wait so your allowed to call hilde OP even though she hasn't won a major in the us in a long time if ever but the minute someone calls ivy(a character that has consistently placed at every major in the USA) BullShit their a scrub? I don't think either is OP but lets see some consistency

wait so your allowed to call Kilik OP even though he hasn't won a major in the us in a long time if ever but the minute someone calls Algol BullShit their a scrub? I don't think either is OP but lets see some consistency

wait so your allowed to call Kilik OP even though he hasn't won a major in the us in a long time if ever but the minute someone calls Algol BullShit their a scrub? I don't think either is OP but lets see some consistency

Killik is a poopy face, I don't like him so despite there being logic in your post I'm siding with bubbles :(. I can see what both of you mean seriously though.

Okay, don't get me wrong, Thugish told me you'd probably be the best Canadian player right now if you didn't take a break, but I'm wondering the logic behind this. I mean, I can understand the whole Chaos using Algol thing to an extent, but is there something else I'm missing behind this logic?

Nope your missing nothing. I won with out bubble shield. I was superior in every way, reflexes , anticipation , prediction you name it. Vince's denial is on a next lv. Most people agree that at the very least i was better that day but because of hes history they are unsure if im better over all.

In any case lets leave vince with hes happy thoughts.

wait so your allowed to call hilde OP even though she hasn't won a major in the us in a long time if ever but the minute someone calls ivy(a character that has consistently placed at every major in the USA) BullShit their a scrub? I don't think either is OP but lets see some consistency
To be fair in Europe Ivy and Amy win every tournament, Ivy morso than Amy, if you based tiers as I do on tournament performances, fuck hilde and Algol, those two are OP.

LostProvidence: I brought up IvyFanboy because he makes a good point about not taking the score literally. I remember one time I played an old rival who used to always beat me in SC2 back in the day. I just couldn't win. Then I played him some years later and I won 100-0 in our casuals. Does that mean I'm 100 times better than him? Lol, fuck yeah!!!

No, of course not. It just means I can win consistently once I know how to use my edge. Chaos could've beat me the same but I'd still call myself the best forever to come. He can say he didn't use bubbles all he wants but that's on him. Simply not true. If he wants to back down from playing competitive SC4 but then complain on the forums then it's just a waste of everybody's time. My challenge for money without any bubbles at all will always be open.

I guess the only thing you're missing is I'm not just gonna sit by while somebody who says they quit after not accepting my offer to play for money says they're better anyway. It's just too disrespectful. But then again everyone seems to know now so I probably don't need to answer any more questions. Come to Dev. Hehe.

LostProvidence: I brought up IvyFanboy because he makes a good point about not taking the score literally. I remember one time I played an old rival who used to always beat me in SC2 back in the day. I just couldn't win. Then I played him some years later and I won 100-0 in our casuals. Does that mean I'm 100 times better than him? Lol, fuck yeah!!!

No, of course not. It just means I can win consistently once I know how to use my edge. Chaos could've beat me the same but I'd still call myself the best forever to come. He can say he didn't use bubbles all he wants but that's on him. Simply not true. If he wants to back down from playing competitive SC4 but then complain on the forums then it's just a waste of everybody's time. My challenge for money without any bubbles at all will always be open.

I guess the only thing you're missing is I'm not just gonna sit by while somebody who says they quit after not accepting my offer to play for money says they're better anyway. It's just too disrespectful. But then again everyone seems to know now so I probably don't need to answer any more questions. Come to Dev. Hehe.

Why does your brain fail to accept its own Inferiority?

In addition I want to say is that yes you can better than that person on that day, but this kind doesn't really matter. I think it matters to say if the person is better overall.

A true scenario will be TearsOfLove placing himself in the top 5 of some tournament. It's fair to say that he's good on that day, but if he jumps to the conclusion that he's already a top pro player and never comes to compete again, then he's really using this one instance in a tourney to bind as an excuse.

Fact of the matter is if you think you're so good then you would put up a challenge or defend your title.

Isn't all of this nothing more than who is a newb and who is a noob? Except replacing both of those with the same word of "scrub"? I've seen this conversation on a dozen other games just like this.

who even plays kilik in the US? SU hasn't played seriously since evo

To be fair in Europe Ivy and Amy win every tournament, Ivy morso than Amy, if you based tiers as I do on tournament performances, fuck hilde and Algol, those two are OP.
algol has never won shit neither has hilde, algol is also the weakest of the top tiers...

Back